Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 19:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota's Road Map for India

You go to a conference, or attend a meeting, or read HBR or an interview in BT, you can't help but pull your hair apart on how the
word Innovation is------

Alas, the vehicle whose name is based on the very word (again!), is in reality a pure antithesis of it!

PS: I own the vehicle, and I am very happy that I bought it. But it is what it is.

Last edited by rrsteer : 28th March 2014 at 19:49.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 17:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Even Automatic gears which are available in Indonesia are not a option here though gearbox is same as the one used in the Fortuner.
Cannot understand why they don't go in for what people want. Reliablity cannot sell beyond a certain point.
You are right Rahul, Toyota has made good money by offering reliability. However, it is high time they need to change the way they operate.

In the recent excise duty cuts that had seen almost all car companies reducing rates, Toyota is the only manufacturer which has passed very little benefit to the customer.

The Grand i10 top variant became cheaper by Rs.35000 after excise cut and the Top Z variant of Innova also saw a similar cut inspite of the fact that Innova is three times the price of an I10.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Toyota looking for feedback? My 2 cents..

Toyota please don't come up with a new ETIOS . Please bring in the latest generation VIOS that was launched in Thailand last year.

It seems much much better in all respects and should bode well with the Indian market. Link to the Toyota VIOS thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...yota-vios.html
Looks like Toyota is indeed listening to feedback! If this autocar report is to go by, the VIOS is coming to our shores. Finally!

"Toyota has been looking to get the new Vios sedan to India for some time now. Manufactured principally for growing southeast Asian markets, the Toyota Vios sedan slots in below the Corolla and is positioned as a Honda CIty rival in most of these countries. The Vios promises to be much more visually exciting than Toyota’s current compact sedan, the Etios."

You can read more about it @ http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nd-389373.aspx

Lets just hope this happens sooner than later!

Last edited by naut : 21st July 2014 at 14:43. Reason: Minor edits.
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:54   #19
BHPian

Any news/update on when the next generation Etios & Liva will be launched here?

I was planning on picking up a Liva, and if the new model launches by early next year, I'd rather wait, or pick up a Baleno instead.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Any news/update on when the next generation Etios & Liva will be launched here?

I was planning on picking up a Liva, and if the new model launches by early next year, I'd rather wait, or pick up a Baleno instead.
I am sure everyone is holding up their models for next auto expo now.

Toyota will be focusing on new Innova, Fortuner and hopefully Vios for sure and we need to see their strategy on Etios/LIva ( They can still sell them for taxi segment) If you are considering Baleno, you should be comparing it with the likes of i20,Jazz or Polo
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:24   #21
BHPian

This car will be mainly driven around town by my dad. The reason for going in for the Liva was the low maintenance which means it could also take up the role of the main runabout diesel car, taking pressure off from the other cars in the family (Swift D and i-gen i20P).

Does the Vios have a hatchback sibling too? In case Toyota launches the Vios, I think there would be some time before they roll out the hatchback version.

My only concern is I don't want to end up with a car that will be phased out in 6 months.
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Does the Vios have a hatchback sibling too? In case Toyota launches the Vios, I think there would be some time before they roll out the hatchback version.

My only concern is I don't want to end up with a car that will be phased out in 6 months.
The Yaris is its hatchback version. There doesn't seem to be any report on whether it will be launched in India anytime soon. I don't think they will discontinue the Etios/Liva though. Vios/Yaris if launched will be at a higher price point.

Last edited by JonSnow : 3rd December 2015 at 10:52.
JonSnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The Yaris is its hatchback version. There doesn't seem to be any report on whether it will be launched in India anytime soon. I don't think they will discontinue the Etios/Liva though. Vios/Yaris if launched will be at a higher price point.
Yes - you are correct. Vios/Yaris will be like City/Jazz whereas Etios/Liva will be like Amaze/Brio. The segments are quite different and hence Toyota might get only 1 initially to test the market. In all likelihood it would be the sedan as the competition is relatively lesser in that segment (mainly City and Ciaz) vis-a-vis the "premium" hatchback segment.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:46   #24
BHPian

Toyota's strategy seems to be to keep their existing 5 lakh customers happy. Low cost of ownership, easy finance, buyback at good prices, keeping the second hand price up.

They have a captive audience of Toyota fans. They will up sell to their existing customers when they launch newer models maintaining their price premium.

They will offer the best buyback rates and lower interest rates than the market.

They have the best managed finance arm with existing HNI customers. The best service experience. A good used car business. All these things complement each other really well.

I doubt they want to play the volume game in India. Etios Liva is as low as they will go.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks