Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2006, 23:29   #61
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
Do you guys know if the new WagonR LXi has body colored bumpers?
Yes. It has.

Cheers
Old 29th July 2006, 02:27   #62
BHPian

WagonR Duo Review

Hi All ,
I am looking to get a new WagonR Duo ... Please do let m know if you see any review/test ride on it

regards

Old 29th July 2006, 07:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
I think the New WagonR looks stupid comapred to the new one, they have just messed up with the looks. I find the old one better looking wheras the new one has too much of forced styling.

- Yes, I got to take a look at the new one yesterday and I must confess - I was not too happy with the looks - the old one (boxy looks and all) had more character - this one looks terrible! I would be embarrassed to own one.

Going by the Maruti website, this new one has been designed wholly by the people at Maruti (India) - I really wish they took some tips from their Japanese counterparts.
Old 29th July 2006, 15:06   #64
BHPian

Why even bother to discuss the looks of a Wagon R, essentially a bread box with wheels.
Old 29th July 2006, 15:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
We just booked the new WagonR Lxi- petrol. We are yet to decide on the color. Do you guys know if the new WagonR LXi has body colored bumpers?
Congrats man! In my opinion cherry red/bright red (whatever) looks stunning on the new WagonR.
And yes Lxi has body coloured bumpers.
Old 2nd August 2006, 00:46   #66
BHPian

Now it is costlier by Rs. 5000 also effective 1st August 2006. And that's the only model getting the highest increase in price. Wonder what's Maruti's plan.

Last edited by Tech : 2nd August 2006 at 00:48.
Old 2nd August 2006, 01:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

EEK!! Just checked out the Wagon R gallery at the maruti website. The Wagon R was ugly and they just managed to make it more ugly! I feel Maruti should stop getting it's cars redesigned by their Indian designers. They botched up the Zen first and now the Wagon R. Having said that, there are some cars that are inherently ugly and no amount of artistry can make them look good. Wagon R is one such car. The others being Santro, NHC and Indigo.

PS: Why do they have a picture of the 2 door Swift on their website?

Last edited by amit : 2nd August 2006 at 01:20.
Old 2nd August 2006, 01:35   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

[SIZE=2]Well ,the front end isnt quite to my liking specially that large IN UR FACE grill .. But the in dash cluster , steering and the new seats are quite appealing .. The rear end though typically appears to be borrowed from the Smart's looks befitting with the rest of the car .. I certainly do remember reading about something got to do with the engine thats increased the FE , but cant quite recollect it .. Well couldnt take a test drive as Sai Motors , at Vasco just had one display car that was handed over to the showroom the same day we left back to bangalore .. [/SIZE]
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:22   #69
BHPian

considering all that maruti is worth its strange that most things coming out of the indian arm are shoddy...

first, the disastrous newlook zen (IMHO)
next, the back seat of the swift (though its comfortable, the tall windows leave you feeling a tad cramped)
and now the All New WagonR

they're still india's biggest auto maker.....is finding quality designers so hard?
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:52   #70
BHPian

A neighbour has bought the new Wagon R Duo in Black..

The car looks quite good in Flesh..than in photos.. IMO . It has body coloured bumpers and the interiors are quite good.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
A neighbour has bought the new Wagon R Duo in Black..

The car looks quite good in Flesh..than in photos.. IMO . It has body coloured bumpers and the interiors are quite good.
- someone mentioned that bad looks can be disguised in the black color - and I will agree. I saw the one in Bahamas Beige color in the local showroom and it sucked!
Old 2nd August 2006, 23:13   #72
BHPian

Price increase on WagoneR DUO

Maruti has increases prices mostly on WagonR Duo ( Around 5 K ) ....
and on TOP of it it has a Booking Period of 4-5 Weeks , that means that even those who Booked it before hike will pay more ....
For me this is like cheating ....

Any way Maruti cannot justify the difference in price of its Petrol Variant and LPG one ( around 35 K)
we all know that we can get Authorized LPG Kit at about 20 K ... and since Maruti would be ordering in such a large numbers .... so it will get them much cheaper ...

This is just like when Maruti Zen and Esteem had a diesel variant which use to be around 40 K more than the petrol variant .... that price difference almost killed those sales ...

I hope that Maruti will be forced in the price correction when we have a Hyuandi LPG / Crdi competation ...
Old 3rd August 2006, 00:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Uhh..HUH!!!!!!

Did someone say this redesign is done by the Indian engineeers????

Its nothing but llllllieeees!!!!!!

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/carsand...randName=agila

http://www.opel.de/shop/cars/agila/index.act

Only the metallic grille can be Indian. LOL.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 3rd August 2006 at 00:18.
Old 3rd August 2006, 00:39   #74
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I think Agila is wider... than the indian WagonR. but.. yes.. the looks are from the WagonR+/Agila/etc. ....
Old 4th August 2006, 15:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Interesting observation,

The width of LX and LXi is 1475 wheras that of VXi is 1490.. I Wonder whats the logic here!!?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks