Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 14:21   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys is there any place in Bangalore where we can sell out of state vehicles?
VW showroom offered to buy my 2012 TN registered Punto 90hp. They repeated 5 times that they need to check Chennai prices, and called back half an hour later telling 2.8L is the quote in Chennai and they need to consider the Bangalore tax and price would be...

Politely asked them not to bother giving a quote and waste time. Probably he would have quoted 2L! That's almost 80% depreciation for a 2 year old car.

All this because they know other state car owners are facing a tough situation in Bangalore. As later mentioned by another sales rep- situation is better if you have NOC and have paid LTT.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 16:38   #167
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

I did not have any issues with selling my Zen (MH registered) in Bangalore, as long as I had mentioned that I had paid the LTT in KA.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:04   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys is there any place in Bangalore where we can sell out of state vehicles?
Another possible issue with out of state cars is the BSIII - BSIV thing. You may have bought your car in your state when it was BSIII and moved to a place where its BSIV. Selling it there will be a problem.
Also there are dealers who pick up out-of-state cars from one region in bulk and take them to their original place of registration. For example, an aquaintance who had a KA car in Gurgaon sold it through an agent from Bangalore, who picked up 8-10 KA cars together from NCR. He got a good price too!
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:21   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Guys, does this hellish rule apply to Mangalore/ Manipal too?
Are checks this stringent there too?
I'm contemplating moving to one of these places for three years staring May to pursue my MD..
In my opinion, this is squarely aimed at the IT floating population, who are considered cash cows by all and sundry alike. The general impression (and I believe its not off the mark either) is that IT guys are well paid, don't want to bother themselves with niggling formalities and therefore don't mind paying up and resolving the issue. After all, that's what they do with house rents, buying furniture, eating out and entertainment. So why not generate income from them?
I doubt anyone will be bothered in Manipal and Mangalore. They are not populated by cash rich IT guys, you see.. ?!
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 00:40   #170
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Ok. So after 3.5 years of driving in Bangalore in my HR registered Swift, I was flagged down by the RTO officials last week. They were not listening to anything I said. They said I could only drive for a month after which i had to pay tax - "New rule saar". There were a few folks who were arguing that they had come in for the weekend - they were not listening to them either. Just took their licence and documents and asked them to come to the RTO (electronic city) and prove it, or pay the tax.

I paid the tax and i was told that I could drive without changing the number as long as I want to (why would the RTO care, they've got their tax!).

What i want to know is this - I am not going to seek a refund from the Gurgaon RTO (it's hardly anything), but I might move back to Gurgaon. Can I seek a refund of the tax I've paid in here when I move? I am assuming I can, but what is the process and how much will they deduct? (I paid 75% of the 13% LTT as my car is over 4 years old + cess of 11% + a penalty)
Old 24th March 2014, 10:00   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
What i want to know is this - I am not going to seek a refund from the Gurgaon RTO (it's hardly anything), but I might move back to Gurgaon. Can I seek a refund of the tax I've paid in here when I move? I am assuming I can, but what is the process and how much will they deduct? (I paid 75% of the 13% LTT as my car is over 4 years old + cess of 11% + a penalty)
Yes, you can get a refund from Karnataka. At least that's what they say while asking us to pay LTT here.The deduction from what I gathered would be on pro rata basis (not sure though). By the way what was the penalty amount they imposed on you?
Old 24th March 2014, 10:15   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Yes, you can get a refund from Karnataka. At least that's what they say while asking us to pay LTT here.The deduction from what I gathered would be on pro rata basis (not sure though). By the way what was the penalty amount they imposed on you?
I paid 1,888/- as penalty.
Old 24th March 2014, 10:19   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. So after 3.5 years of driving in Bangalore in my HR registered Swift, I was flagged down by the RTO officials last week. They were not listening to anything I said. They said I could only drive for a month after which i had to pay tax - "New rule saar". There were a few folks who were arguing that they had come in for the weekend - they were not listening to them either. Just took their licence and documents and asked them to come to the RTO (electronic city) and prove it, or pay the tax.

I paid the tax and i was told that I could drive without changing the number as long as I want to (why would the RTO care, they've got their tax!).

Dear friend, I too have a TN registered Santro for which i paid LTT amounting to Rs 32407 (considering 4 years depreciation) in KA. At the time of buying the car in chennai, my LTT came to Rs 23960. I have not bothered to change the number plate (TN) out here.
Applying for NOC/refund from the parent RTO is a mega project by itself. In my case since i have paid LTT in 2 states, i have the option of selling my car to some IT based person who shuffles frequently between KA and TN
Old 24th March 2014, 15:59   #174
BANNED

Quote:

No.You can't.
Refund can't be claimed if you have been stopped and made to pay LTT.
Refund cannot be claimed if you have not taken NOC from parent state and migrated to karnataka and then again taken an NOC from Karnataka and regd in another state.

Simply pay and forget it.
Old 24th March 2014, 16:13   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
No.You can't.
Refund can't be claimed if you have been stopped and made to pay LTT.
Refund cannot be claimed if you have not taken NOC from parent state and migrated to karnataka and then again taken an NOC from Karnataka and regd in another state.

Simply pay and forget it.
Are you sure? Did you face this, or know of anyone who faced this situation?
I am going to be moving back to Gurgaon, which is why I have not taken an NOC from Gurgaon. I did not need an NOC to pay the LTT, why will they ask for it at the time of claiming a refund – irrespective of the fact if I paid it voluntarily or not.

It's not about the money, i am just questioning the neutrality of the rule.

Last edited by wanderluster : 24th March 2014 at 16:16. Reason: To add another point
Old 24th March 2014, 16:35   #176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware out of state cars : RTO (Bangalore) taxation rule amendment from Feb28 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
Please check on http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...nedetails.aspx whether your vehicle has any penalty due. For all you know he may have clicked for some minor violation like stopping on the zebra crossing.
Thanks a lot man.

Never heard of this system before. Did check for my number and found no penalties.
Old 24th March 2014, 16:52   #177
BHPian

Sharing a good article.

http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/a...r-your-vehicle
Old 24th March 2014, 20:01   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Are you sure? Did you face this, or know of anyone who faced this situation?
I am going to be moving back to Gurgaon, which is why I have not taken an NOC from Gurgaon. I did not need an NOC to pay the LTT, why will they ask for it at the time of claiming a refund – irrespective of the fact if I paid it voluntarily or not.

It's not about the money, i am just questioning the neutrality of the rule.
I have paid fine and tax in lakhs of rupees to Bangalore Rto and gone thru all channels for refund.Same thing was told by Rto to me.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:11   #179
Senior - BHPian

At around 9 AM, RTO chaps 'working' in the service road just after the NICE road junction, Hosur road.

Not much of cars caught, but a lot of 2 wheelers and yellow board transport vehicles, mostly TN 70 registered!

I think they will move to their usual spot in EC1 after this.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:16   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
I have paid fine and tax in lakhs of rupees to Bangalore Rto and gone thru all channels for refund.Same thing was told by Rto to me.
Ouch.

Guess it would make sense to sell the vehicle in KA itself then. Did you claim a refund from your home state?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks