Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 22:15   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Holy cow! What is wrong with Bangalore? Bangalore police / RTO seem to be the worst in this country. Tearing up toll receipts? What scoundrels! Are they officials or criminals? Pretty soon these greedy overzealous cops would fish out vallet from your pocket, take out money and hand you a receipt, all this to meet their targets of fining people. Or, wait, better still, they will take your ATM card, force you to part with PIN and withdraw money and hand you a receipt. Wow! fantastic! What a city! Is there any other place in the country than KA / AP where there are targets even for fining people? These two are the worst states in India. Not Bihar / UP, as is often repeated.
Old 25th March 2014, 22:18   #212

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

How about seeking help from print media to highlight the issue? I believe 'Bangalore Mirror' would be interested...They typically highlight such issues, and make sure that these issues garner appropriate attention.

Does anyone know the way to bring it to their attention? I couldn't locate a way to reach them on their website. Reaching them out through a forum such as this or using the online petition (I see that it's signed by 700 people thus far) as an evidence that the issue needs some attention, may elicit appropriate response.
Old 25th March 2014, 22:38   #213

There may still be a case for buying a car outside the state. For example a friend of mine, facing a 6 month wait for the Celerio AMT, is thinking of buying it in Coimbatore (one month waiting period) and driving it to Bangalore. Apparently showing a Hosur road toll receipt lets you get past the cops. But even if he has to pay the tax he will have saved 5 months of waiting.
Old 25th March 2014, 22:54   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530
Bangalore is no longer the beautiful place it was. Now these jokers are trying to milk it for all it's worth.
Exactly my thoughts.

IT professionals and other immigrants are their easy targets. They never want to get into a trouble. They usually pay any fine and walk without challenging.

We at KA want all omni buses registered at this state, demand non KA taxis to pay one year tax for one trip, shameless officers demand bribe for any govt work, not saying local language in a Govt office treated as a crime, public transport not affordable to common man, high living expenses.... Bangalore is no longer a beautiful place to live.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:47   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Technically it is possible that you do a Temp. registration in Kerala and do the final registration in Karnataka. However you have to keep in mind that you have to prove to the RTO this is a bonafide transaction (Eq. not a stolen car). If your vehicle was registered in Kerala, you would have got an NOC. Since this is a Temp. registration, where there in no NOC, you will have to get a certificate from your local Police station that you are the genuine owner of the car. Might be a good idea to check if you can also get a NOC for Kerala (I am not sure if this is possible)

Cheers

KPS
Thanks KPS.
I'll check with RTOs of both states.
Old 26th March 2014, 12:08   #216
BANNED

Seems Chennai Cops has started grinding axe after seeing their Bangalore counter part.My friend visited chennai on last Friday/saturday and Sunday.

He was stopped and demanded all Toll receipts to show that he is not using his
KA Endeavour in Chennai then RC,Insurance,DL, Pollution certificates.Then he was demanded to put covers back on his Hella Rally lamps.

At last fined for rs 500/- for smoking inside car while driving !!.

So disease started spreading across...Phir be mera bharath mahan aur hum sab ekh hai !!.

Last edited by Rajith : 26th March 2014 at 12:10.
Old 26th March 2014, 12:34   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Seems Chennai Cops has started grinding axe after seeing their Bangalore counter part.My friend visited chennai on last Friday/saturday and Sunday. He was stopped and demanded all Toll receipts to show that he is not using his KA Endeavour in Chennai then RC,Insurance,DL, Pollution certificates.Then he was demanded to put covers back on his Hella Rally lamps. At last fined for rs 500/- for smoking inside car while driving !!. So disease started spreading across...Phir be mera bharath mahan aur hum sab ekh hai !!.
What's wrong with this if he was actually stopped for smoking while driving? Or was he not smoking?

Didn't they let go after routine checks? Not to mention - adding those lamps are illegal anyways.
Old 26th March 2014, 12:55   #218
Senior - BHPian

I think its better we keep the discussion to the point of discussing rules only. Chennai police did the right thing in checking the vehicle. I dont think other state police are checking this thread. Outside of our community, this might not be that great a discussion point collectively.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:01   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems Chennai Cops has started grinding axe after seeing their Bangalore counter part.My friend visited chennai on last Friday/saturday and Sunday.

KA Endeavour in Chennai then RC,Insurance,DL, Pollution certificates.Then he was demanded to put covers back on his Hella Rally lamps.

So disease started spreading across...Phir be mera bharath mahan aur hum sab ekh hai !!.
Who said you can't smoke while you drive ? Why do people end up falling for this bullying by cops. Ask them to show the specific penalty in written by the government or fine won't be paid. They can do whatever they want. Call the number where in they say in case of 'government servant demanding bribe' call on this number.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:31   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith

I don't think smoking inside a moving car is an offence. Better, demand a challan with offence mentioned clearly.

OT: Smoking prohibited on public places in Kerala.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:54   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Who said you can't smoke while you drive ?
Maybe the cops had doubts on what exactly he was smoking!!

On a serious note, the challan would have mentioned the exact offence committed. This can be used to ascertain if the act was in violation of any law/act of the TN RTO. What i feel is the TN govt. is trying to balance the perceived cruelty meted out to the TN cars in KA. I soon expect the KL/AP govts to follow suit which would mean an all out war filling the govt. coffers and milking the much maligned common man.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 14:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
. I soon expect the KL/AP govts to follow suit which would mean an all out war filling the govt. coffers and milking the much maligned common man.
I think the next time I buy a car, I will take it on a yellow plate.

I travel between the 3 states ( KA, TN and KL) and I definitely cant afford to pay LTT in all three
Old 26th March 2014, 15:47   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What's wrong with this if he was actually stopped for smoking while driving? Or was he not smoking?

Didn't they let go after routine checks? Not to mention - adding those lamps are illegal anyways.
He was driving and smoking ..

They let him go after verification of all doccs.Lamps are there in all car nower days.Its just bcas a KA in TN land !.

Theres absolutely no issues for KL and AP cars in Chennai.
Old 26th March 2014, 18:53   #224
BHPian

Quote:

KA Endeavour in Chennai then RC,Insurance,DL, Pollution certificates.
Seems to be a "Tit for Tat" reaction. Given the number of cars from Bangalore that enter TN during long weekends (we have one coming up this weekend for Ugadi) heading to Kodai / Ooty / Pondy etc, if the TN police were to be as active as the KA counterparts and start demanding LTT for all non TN cars, one can imagine the impact on the KA registered cars.

It will obviously put a lot of genuine travelers to hardship but such a reaction will hopefully give a strong message to the law makers / enforcing agencies in Karnataka who seem to be interested in just fleecing the low hanging fruits (read: car owners, IT folks, non Bangaloreans etc) on the ripple effect of their short term objectives.
Old 26th March 2014, 19:55   #225
Senior - BHPian

@coolclouds and @roomy: usually challan is never made out for offence committed. They just put a common offence. Usually no parking or jumping a signal. I remember getting caught at 64kmph in a 60 kmph zone 2 years back in Chennai and paid a fine. Rs. 300/- I think. But the challan was for signal jumping. On asking the cop he said that's how it's always done.
Also isn't the car a private place? I don't think smoking in car is illegal. Buy it should be made so. Absolutely ruins the upholstery.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks