Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2014, 17:06   #286
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Border of two states TN and AP are just 30 Kms away from Bangalore. One can go easily to either state and get the toll receipts. So, once you get the that toll receipt which is good for another 11 months of driving. Rather than paying legitimate tax of few thousands of rupees one can *manage* in few hundreds or even less.
Hard to argue with the logic that the whole floating population needs to be punished for the inability of RTO to find the real offenders.

I'll just leave the argument as is!
Old 1st April 2014, 17:25   #287
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

^^^thanks for clarifying, its indeed sad as I stated at the outset, a number of vehicle owners would happily pay the local LTT, if only the process of getting a refund wasnt so cumbersome.

A politician wakes up one fine morning and finds a new victim in his crosshairs to be milked and the harassment begins in right earnest for the voiceless, namely the honest taxpayer!
Old 1st April 2014, 17:25   #288
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
You can show toll receipts and vehicle pollution certificate of Delhi. Should not be an issue.
Thanks, but now there is another issue. I realized that i was traveling all this while without pollution certificate. So now i don't have Delhi certificate but can get one from Hyderabad, will it work?
Old 1st April 2014, 17:58   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

Thanks, but now there is another issue. I realized that i was traveling all this while without pollution certificate. So now i don't have Delhi certificate but can get one from Hyderabad, will it work?
You may get one from Hyderabad, if already expired.

RTO caught me some time back near Mekri Circle with an RJ registered car. I had two months old toll receipts from Jaipur to Bangalore and he gave me a challan for Rs. 600 for not having PUC.
Old 1st April 2014, 18:04   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
You may get one from Hyderabad, if already expired.

RTO caught me some time back near Mekri Circle with an RJ registered car. I had two months old toll receipts from Jaipur to Bangalore and he gave me a challan for Rs. 600 for not having PUC.
Did it happen today? believe this drive is going to stay for sometime.
Old 1st April 2014, 18:10   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I've roamed around the city whole day today (Did approx 100 plus kms inside the city today) in my TN registered Punto, and I didn't face any issue. Didn't notice any police checkposts for other-state cars as well, although there were the usual checks for signal jumping etc.

Looks like they have decided to take a break now that March 31st is over.
Old 1st April 2014, 19:14   #292
BHPian

Hey Friends, I have about a month to move to Blre (from Mumbai), I have been following this thread from the beginning and frankly I am very worried. Many of us speculated that this is only for the End of the Financial year thing, so could the BHPians in blre please advise if there is any gradual reduction in the these shrewd tactics for the RTO?
Old 1st April 2014, 19:50   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Many of us speculated that this is only for the End of the Financial year thing, so could the BHPians in blre please advise if there is any gradual reduction in the these shrewd tactics for the RTO?
It's too early to comment. These checks happen every year at regular intervals. If your company is transferring you, negotiate for re registration to be reimbursed. Saves you unnecessary head ache!
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 19:57   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Again as i explained to hothatchaway, legally you are good. But you will have a very tough time explaining your case - specially if your number is already entered in the "Spotted" database of RTO since you constantly do up and down (obviously for more than 1 month i suppose) between TN and KA.
No, I don't drive from hosur every day. I live in Bangalore and drive a KA registered car. My question was sort of fictional. Nowadays there were many townships coming up in hosur, so because of all the traffic and pollution, one might be tempted to move to hosur. Just wanted to find out whether one should register the car at the place of residence (hosur) or the place of work (Bangalore).
Old 1st April 2014, 20:01   #295
Senior - BHPian

My parents live in Bangalore. I have a licence from Bangalore. I've been working in Chennai for the past 2 years. Coming summer vacation, my wife and kids will be in Bangalore for about 2 months. She will be having her TN - 72 car with her. The car is surely on the spotted list as I travel to Bangalore atleast twice a month. Do I have any cause for worry. Or was this just a drive till March 31?
Old 1st April 2014, 20:08   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Many of us speculated that this is only for the End of the Financial year thing, so could the BHPians in blre please advise if there is any gradual reduction in the these shrewd tactics for the RTO?
If you have bad luck, you will get caught; irrespective of the frequency of the checking. So please plan accordingly. When I was in Bangy, I have escaped multiple times while a lot of people got caught. I suggest, don't try to stretch your luck.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 20:17   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
It's too early to comment. These checks happen every year at regular intervals. If your company is transferring you, negotiate for re registration to be reimbursed. Saves you unnecessary head ache!
Hi,
I agree, it is too early. I am joining a different company and they are not reimbursing it, so cant help it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you have bad luck, you will get caught; irrespective of the frequency of the checking. So please plan accordingly. When I was in Bangy, I have escaped multiple times while a lot of people got caught. I suggest, don't try to stretch your luck.
Hey,
I don't plan to tempt fate, I just need a little time to pay the LTT and get the car re-registered there. I do plan to come with the NOC but will need a couple of days to settle in the new place before I can run after RTOs to get this work done. Hope I can escape their traps till then. Finger crossed.
Old 1st April 2014, 21:04   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Hey,
I don't plan to tempt fate, I just need a little time to pay the LTT and get the car re-registered there. I do plan to come with the NOC but will need a couple of days to settle in the new place before I can run after RTOs to get this work done. Hope I can escape their traps till then. Finger crossed.
Well, one tip for you is to travel during non office hours - that is, before 8 AM and after 8 PM ! Since you plan to carry NOC, I think they may NOT do any harm! I suggest you carry a copy of your appointment letter (sans your pay break up ) & relieving letter from your old company in case of a new job or a company transfer letter copy (if you are getting transferred) and all the toll receipts.

These should help you get out clean till you pay up your LTT.

Edit:: I also have heard some companies sponsoring the change of registration! You might want to check the option. I do NOT know the details though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st April 2014 at 21:07.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 22:57   #299
BHPian

Looks like the drive is on a break for now. I drove close to 50 kms whole day around Koramangala BTM area and passed 2-3 places where cops where challaning traffic offenders. They even had a glance at my number plates but did not stop me.
vinayrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:15   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Well, one tip for you is to travel during non office hours - that is, before 8 AM and after 8 PM !
Well that's not right , last friday I saw RTO officials as early as 5:30am on the ORR near KR Puram stopping cars. Saturday morning at around 6:00am near Gorguntepalya, Tumkur Road once again stopping non KA registered cars and private buses.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed