Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 13:26   #331
BANNED

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Rajith: will you be getting a refund on the tax paid in Kerela? And is the rebate a constant rate or does it vary with the resale value of the car? A 2008 Honda Accord for example?
Hi,

I will not be claiming tax rebate from kerala as I'm paying LTT in KA with out NOC, so no num change.

More over my jeep pays tax every 24 months in Kerala and not a life tax.Even though mine is a white board.

Last tax paid was on Dec 2013 till 2015.

Rebate depends upon govt chart designed on value,sq area and CC of the vehicle.

Last edited by Rajith : 16th April 2014 at 13:30.
Old 17th April 2014, 10:05   #332
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

I am planning a trip to bangalore.I am from Thrissur in Kerala and working in wayanad, Kerala. What all papers should I keep to prove that I am on a short trip to bangalore, in case RTO officials catch me. I can take a new pollution certificate just before the trip. Will toll receipts and pollution certificate be enough to pacify these guys?
Old 17th April 2014, 10:21   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
I am planning a trip to bangalore.I am from Thrissur in Kerala and working in wayanad, Kerala. What all papers should I keep to prove that I am on a short trip to bangalore, in case RTO officials catch me. I can take a new pollution certificate just before the trip. Will toll receipts and pollution certificate be enough to pacify these guys?
Would be good to even have something to substantiate your claim of working in Wayanad. Also if all your documents (RC, DL, insurance etc..) are from Kerala, then the chances are near to nil of you being penalized.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 12:03   #334
BHPian

Hi,

I visited Bangalore last weekend for 3 days from TN. I travelled within the city in Majestic area, hebbal, sadhashiv nagar, MG road, KR Puram, Marathalli and many more roads. Fortunately, I encountered only one police checkpoint during my entire journey and there too the policeman had a look at the vehicle and did not stopped me. Probably plain lucky or the drive to check out of state vehicles has got relaxed a bit. I was equipped with all the spinners including toll receipts, diesel bill from chennai, my company ID card mentioning chennai address, and even my CC statement just in case. My DL is from Delhi so was trying to carry all possible docs that I can.
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:21   #335
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

The RTO's result on a major tax collection drive on out of station vehicles, having booked 10175 two-wheeler and 1829 car owners is Rs, 21.47 crs of road tax collection

Quote:
Techies from other states seem to be unaware of the tax they must pay when they bring to Bangalore their two-wheelers and cars. This is the reading from officials of regional transport offices (RTOs) across the city after they collected Rs 21.47 crore in taxes from vehicles registered outside Karnataka, in 2013-14.
Source
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:34   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The RTO's result on a major tax collection drive on out of station vehicles, having booked 10175 two-wheeler and 1829 car owners is Rs, 21.47 crs of road tax collection

Source
Hope at least some portion of this amount is utilized to improve the roads and infrastructure of Bangalore before the money is completely digested in the bellies of the politicians.
Old 27th May 2014, 12:35   #337
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the RTO is back in action again. My Colleagues friends car was caught today near Concord Manhattan, Electronic city. Be careful if you guys are going that way.

He was asked to pay the tax at the RTO office at Vijayabank layout.

--Anoop
Old 27th May 2014, 15:06   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Last week my friend who stays in HSR layout said RTO was stopping cars near HSR police station. So guess they are in action from start of financial year itself unlike previous years when the checks happen around Jan.
Old 27th May 2014, 15:10   #339
BHPian

Today morning at 9:30 AM, cops were stopping non KA vehicles on Bannerghatta Road in front of IIM main gate. There was a traffic jam due to this, saw 10+ cars being stopped.
Old 27th May 2014, 15:24   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ Last week my friend who stays in HSR layout said RTO was stopping cars near HSR police station. So guess they are in action from start of financial year itself unlike previous years when the checks happen around Jan.
Now, are the RTO authorities following the "11 months time duration by which the owners have to pay tax" rule or the newly modified 30 day rule.
Old 27th May 2014, 15:58   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Now, are the RTO authorities following the "11 months time duration by which the owners have to pay tax" rule or the newly modified 30 day rule.

Quote:
Rules stipulate that they must pay tax if their vehicles are in Karnataka for more than 30 days.
Source: Aforementioned Bangalore mirror news article.

Last edited by ramzsys : 27th May 2014 at 16:02.
Old 27th May 2014, 16:10   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Bannerghatta Road - NICE road junction: Around 12:30 PM I saw couple of TN registered innova and AP registered Swift with RTO officials discussing with them.
Old 27th May 2014, 16:21   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Source: Aforementioned Bangalore mirror news article.
Does the CMVR (Central motor vehicle rules) mention about the 11 months duration rule or has the rule been modified to 30 days.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:39   #344
BHPian

Hi Members. Need an urgent help. I have a MH registered bike which got confiscated by electronic city RTO officials today. I enquired with them where they told me that I have to pay the tax to release the bike. Now my question is:

1. I am from Pune so all the original documents are in Pune. Can I show them photocopy of the documents and pay the tax?

2I have all the documents except for the original invoice of the bike. Can they calculate the tax without it?

Please help me out as I am very worried since my bike is at the e-city police station.

You can contact me in 9916675043 directly as it would save a lot of time .
Old 27th May 2014, 22:18   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi Members. Need an urgent help. I have a MH registered bike which got confiscated by electronic city RTO officials today. I enquired with them where they told me that I have to pay the tax to release the bike. Now my question is:

1. I am from Pune so all the original documents are in Pune. Can I show them photocopy of the documents and pay the tax?

2I have all the documents except for the original invoice of the bike. Can they calculate the tax without it?

Please help me out as I am very worried since my bike is at the e-city police station.

You can contact me in 9916675043 directly as it would save a lot of time .
Invoice copy is not a must. They can calculate the price themselves. Not an issue.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks