Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2014, 08:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda ordered to pay 7.9 lakhs to Laura owner

Nice verdict. If Skoda were to be simply clever and appeal in a higher court, which court would that be ? High Court ?
Apparently, adulterated fuel is the common ghost across all Skoda models, a ghost which needs some ghost busting.
Old 19th March 2014, 19:34   #17
BHPian

I am almost certain that Skoda will appeal. I am equally certain that they will lose in the appeal, however long it takes. Of course, warranty covers manufacturing defects only, but no Court anywhere will hold the buyer responsible if the car got damaged because of adulterated fuel, which was NOT caused by the buyer.
Old 19th March 2014, 19:49   #18
BHPian

Once in a while such verdicts come along and remind us that all is not lost in our country. This may be set a precedent and prompt Skoda from pulling out it's "adulterated fuel" excuse every time something major goes wrong with their cars.
Anyway, the manufacturer in this case being Skoda, they might choose to contest the verdict in a higher court, and drag the matter as long as they can.
Hope this verdict brings some cheer to other hapless owners like harishv who are fighting against injustice meted out to them.
Old 20th March 2014, 09:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the fine amount is going to pinch Skoda. But of course they will not try to right things by paying him and retaining the good will of the potential customers.

Wonder if we can get Skoda's quote on this issue.
Old 20th March 2014, 11:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I don't think the fine amount is going to pinch Skoda.
It's nothing about the fine amount. It's the image(eventhough it was already tarnished) that gets affected. It should be a warning to skoda's arrogant dealers who singing the same bad fuel tune.

Last edited by noopster : 20th March 2014 at 11:55.
Old 20th March 2014, 15:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I don't think the fine amount is going to pinch Skoda. But of course they will not try to right things by paying him and retaining the good will of the potential customers.

Wonder if we can get Skoda's quote on this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabasheer View Post
It's nothing about the fine amount. It's the image(eventhough it was already tarnished) that gets affected. It should be a warning to skoda's arrogant dealers who singing the same bad fuel tune.
Rightly said it is not the amount that is going to pinch, neither the image which as you said is already tarnished, but once Skoda accepts this judgement, it is going to be cited in all the other similar cases.

The dealers on their own cannot be arrogant (beyond a certain extent) if their behaviour is not backed by the manufacturer. Some dealers can show arrogance but all the Skoda dealers accross the country showing a similar type of attitude and arrogance is ample proof that it is the outlook of the manufacturer.
Old 20th March 2014, 16:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
They will certainly go in for an appeal against this order which means that this nightmare will continue for some more time or may be some years.
Sir, Every culprit gets a chance to fulfill it's last wish. But, given the fact that Skoda has a number of cases to it's name and has been doing a sub-standard job with regards to after sales; I dont think Skoda will be given any relief now.

Quote:
But certainly, this kind of judgement brings some ray of hope to the owner. Given the merits of the case, I am sure that the higher courts will not reverse the decision of this bench in a hurry.
Skoda has been shown the mirror and these buggers need to be taken for a task. They have made a fool out of the Indian customers. I wish the court retains the verdict and teaches them a lesson.

Skoda is a 3rd grade brand and it's cars are nothing less than a "White Elephant" for the owners!

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 16:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

In my Vento, water enters the trunk (after I had a busted rear bumper, they did not repair it properly), hopefully it will not enter the fuel tank :(
Isn't their mechanism to stop the engine if water is detected fool proof?
Old 20th March 2014, 19:31   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
In my Vento, water enters the trunk (after I had a busted rear bumper, they did not repair it properly), hopefully it will not enter the fuel tank. Isn't their mechanism to stop the engine if water is detected fool proof?
Does the water enter while driving through a water logged area or even when the car is washed?

May be the water in fuel filter does have a warning that gives out when water is more than normal but doesn't stop the engine I guess.

Anurag.
Old 20th March 2014, 20:13   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May be the water in fuel filter does have a warning that gives out when water is more than normal but doesn't stop the engine I guess.
I had this warning once. But since the service centre was on the way, I got it fixed. I drove may be 5-6km at max. In other words, the owner would get to know through this warning about water in the fuel tank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks