Team-BHP - When is Getz Crdi gonna hit roads??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   When is Getz Crdi gonna hit roads?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14915-when-getz-crdi-gonna-hit-roads.html)

Hello ppl

Any Idea when Getz CRDi version would be launched in india.

Not too soon im afraid. The current CRDi engines are imported from detroit diesel, usa. Unless they are manufactured in India...they cannot be competively priced. So if hyundai were to launch the Getz CRDi now, then they would have to price it way more than any buyer would pay for a hatchback.
Its all about economics. So the getz crdi is "atleast" a year away if not more.

Drifter

cant wait for it anyways. crdi's are going to rule the world.

Don't wait for the CRDI. Instead put your money on a Palio D.

A sales man mentioned that CRDI whenever it comes to market, may cost 1 lakh more than the fully loaded petrol verson.

After using this forum for a while now it would seem like the Palio is the answer to all automotive problems....the answer to ALL queries, whether on economy or on performance or cost to maintain or styling seem to be Petra/Palio, Petra/Palio, Petra/Palio.

Looks like we have a serious mindset issue here. Gentlemen, there are other cars out there, and about 99% of them are doing better at the market than the Petra/Palio.

Can we have a poll on how many users in this forum own a Petra/Palio? That should throw up some interesting stats...

Cheers

Steer

The forum starter was asking suggestion for Getz CRDI which is a hatchback with the Dsl engine. Whats wrong in suggesting the best Dsl hatchback available in the Indian market? Suggesting a brand of a car is not a mindset issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
The forum starter was asking suggestion for Getz CRDI which is a hatchback with the Dsl engine. Whats wrong in suggesting the best Dsl hatchback available in the Indian market? Suggesting a brand of a car is not a mindset issue.

The question about mindset did not arise from your post in isolation, and no offence was intended. Its just that I've been doing some catching up (being a newbie) today, and I noticed the Palio syndrome everywhere.

I guess its the hangover from the past few posts that I had made. My apologies if any offence was taken.

Best regards

Steer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Looks like we have a serious mindset issue here. Gentlemen, there are other cars out there, and about 99% of them are doing better at the market than the Petra/Palio.

This forum is maintained and frequented by some of the best motor heads in the country. Now that says something about Palio/Petra models. Even the people who predict doom for Fiat in this forum vouch for the quality of Fiat cars.

I am fairly new to this forum, only two months old here. Before I found this site, I have been researching the Indian car scene for few months. I eventually came to the conclusion that Petra was the car best suited for me. Few weeks later I found this site and was surprised to see everybody agreeing with me.

If you take a different tack, this is the forum for people who love cars, driving them, talking about them, accessorising them, modifying them, etc. In such gathering, performance, handling, ride, build quality takes priority over fuel efficiency. Resale value and A.S.S is not the attribute of the car itself. When you ignore resale value, FE and A.S.S, Palio/Petra models naturally raise to the top.

For people who value FE, A.S.S & RV over other attributes, there are other cars and they too get discussed.

Perhaps we should move this topic to a new thread and let this one Getz along with its original motive, then.

Cheers

Steer

Yup...Getz CRDi is atleast a year away.

Steeroid,
You raise a fantastic point here about the Palio syndrome. I agree when you say that most of the people over here recommend Fiat Palio/Petra. But how many of us would actually go & buy it is anybody's guess. I vouch for the build quality of Petra/Palio..but would I buy one ? Sorry...No. About 6 months back I was on the look out for a diesel car, wanted to change my Indica. Logic said that I should buy the Palio D & since I loved the Palio for looks & sturdiness. All this while I was quite apprehensive about the Fiat's service as well. Did I buy it ? Not really...got me an Accent CRDi. Agreed its 2lakhs expensive but its got scintillating performance & most of all peace of mind. I don't have to worry whether the company would shut shop or where should I service the car.

Note: Existing Fiat owners don't take offence. This is just my opinion..I still maintain that the Palio is a great product but for its state of affairs in this country.

RK

I would also be interested in knowing how many of those that recommend cars actually own the cars or have evaluated them before buying other products themselves.

Steer

The economics says Getz CRDi is atleast 1 year away, if not more. Secondly, by the time CRDi arrives...one will hear of JTD or xyz round the corner. There is no end to it..

I am happy 6 mths old 1.2 NV sports owner, I vouch for the practicality, finish and quality of this car. Take a look at any 3-4 yrs hatchback vs Palio of same period..and you will know what I mean. So when we are talking about best car, it is one indeed...

My guess is that they wil launch a getz crdi to match the fully loaded swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
My guess is that they wil launch a getz crdi to match the fully loaded swift

Unfortunately the Swift JTD also looks to be nearly a year away. (The Swift getting launched initially will come with the Esteem's petrol engine).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
RK

I would also be interested in knowing how many of those that recommend cars actually own the cars or have evaluated them before buying other products themselves.

Steer

Steer: I am a Palio D owner. Well, if Getz had existed when i was shopping for my car around 7 months back, there is 50-50 chance between Palio and Getz. When I am upgrading from Zen, Palio was the best choice with in my budget (5.5 lakhs). I couldn't say no to my heart though my head was against Palio.