Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 22:39   #31
BHPian

Re: Renault launches Fluence facelift at Rs. 13.99 lakh

Desdemona "the Jetta is down on equipment, design esp. the interiors, and ASS reputation. "
If you compare the specs of the Jetta and Fluence definetely the Jetta has more equipment, and Renault's dealership experience is so miserable that one wonders what the ASS experince will be.

The Fluence itself is a bit too quirky for my taste , their unresponsive dealership is another scary aspect.

With an under-powered engine given a choice a Corolla with Toyota's reputation to back it would definetly be a better choice.

Last edited by hubolt : 29th March 2014 at 22:42.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 23:38   #32
BHPian

Friends, isn't the Fluence, very equipment loaded in both versions, well enough priced at a discount to the Octavia and Jetta to make up for the smaller engine? For those who aren't ghat-riders by the storm, that is!
Old 30th March 2014, 15:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Friends, isn't the Fluence, very equipment loaded in both versions, well enough priced at a discount to the Octavia and Jetta to make up for the smaller engine? For those who aren't ghat-riders by the storm, that is!
Yep! It's still a lot cheaper for a diesel Fluence. Not sure about the E2 variant but the E4 looks brilliant. The design, ride quality, interiors, space and the fact that it is slightly more cheap, more than makes up for its lack of sheer grunt.
Old 13th April 2014, 17:09   #34

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Renault Fluence Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread. Thanks!

Fluence has always been a head-turner for me in terms of design. Owe it to the french styling or the less number of Fluence being seen on the road, it always attracted my attention.

But I would still say, the new 2013 Octavia is a better bet in terms of all around performance.

P.S. I have always been a fan of the Germans , be it cars or soccer.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2014 at 14:20. Reason: Link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks