Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 14:21   #1
Team-BHP Support

Renault launches Fluence facelift at Rs. 13.99 lakh

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Renault Fluence Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread. Thanks!

Renault has launched the facelifted Fluence sedan in India at prices starting from Rs. 13.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The refreshed Fluence features a new grille with a large Renault badge, projector headlamps and a new bumper with integrated fog lamps and DRLs. The car rides on restyled 16-inch alloy wheels.

The interior of the refreshed Fluence features a new audio system with Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in connectivity, 3D surround sound technology by Arkamys, a soft touch dashboard, dual zone climate control and a digital instrument cluster. Other equipment includes a smart key with a star / stop button, cruise control, parking sensors, 4 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP, rain sensing wipers, dusk sensing headlamps, rear sun blinds, hands free telephone and rear AC vents depending upon the variant.

The Fluence continues to use the 1.5-litre, direct injection diesel engine, which develops 110 PS @ 4000 rpm and 240 Nm of torque @ 1850 rpm, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.

The car is available in two variants – E2 and E4, which are priced at Rs. 13.99 lakh and Rs. 15.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

Additionally, Renault is offering the Renault Complete Care Package with the facelifted Fluence. This package includes 2+2 year or 80,000 km warranty and 4 year road-side assistance.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Renault launches Fluence facelift at Rs. 13.99 lakh-all-new-fluence-launch-image.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2014 at 14:20. Reason: Adding link to review
Aditya is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 16:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Love the new looks. It has taken a completely elegant and sporty new character compared to the old Fluence- but a 1.5L engined car for 16L plus on road?

I'd rather just drool at the pics.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th March 2014 at 16:32.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 16:40   #3
BHPian

Re: Renault launches Fluence facelift at Rs. 13.99 lakh

Engine aside, it does have a fair chance this time, thanks to the enhanced looks and better brand visibility courtesy the Duster. 240 Nm of torque @ 1850 rpm should be respectable enough if the weight is not too much.

The segment itself is shrinking though, so Renault would be realistic enough not to expect a blockbuster.
avisidhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Now this is what you call a facelift (GM please note).

One of the most underrated cars in the D segment right now. It's possibly the best package of luxury, features and performance. Interior quality in the Fluence easily is a notch above the VW/Skoda's. Performance is very decent and now with the added a features the car is loaded.

If you're chauffeur driven and drive sometimes, this is probably the best sedan in the segment.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 19:17   #5
BHPian

Beautiful car now looks even better! I loved the Fluence and how it feels when you sit inside and the new one promises to be even better. If only they imporved performance and made it a more drivable car, it would give serious competition to the Jetta/Octavia.
Old 25th March 2014, 19:33   #6
Team-BHP Support

With Honda out of the segment and the Germans priced out of it, Renault have a great opportunity. This is the car that made me not buy a Yeti but alas the 90bhp model then available was too limp for me although everything else was quite impressive. I just hope that the 110 1.5 dCi lump can make it perform well. Maybe a nice long drive might reveal more.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 20:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
but alas the 90bhp model then available was too limp .
Hi Ajmat, the earlier E2 model had the 105 1.5dci.

I was going thru the specs on the website and noticed that ESP is no longer available in the E2 model, it was present in the earlier E2. I hope it is only a typo.

But the E2 now gets USB & AUX inputs!
PraveenM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 07:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

The older version had a pretty bad turbo which they fixed later. The hope was the same engine fix would also land up on the 110 Duster. But that did not happen I think. Surely the Fluence looks to be the best amalgamation of class and understated elegance. Always wondered why it did not sell? Just plain brand value? Or the ire of a sub 2L engine in this class?
Old 26th March 2014, 09:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

They should also have offered their EDC gearbox, and the combo of diesel and automatic would have been a deal clincher for many prospective buyers in the Metros. The Renault Megane has the same gearbox with the 110Bhp k9k engine in the UK.
http://www.renault.com/en/innovation...ssion-dct.aspx

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 10:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Hi Ajmat, the earlier E2 model had the 105 1.5dci.

I was going thru the specs on the website and noticed that ESP is no longer available in the E2 model, it was present in the earlier E2. I hope it is only a typo.

But the E2 now gets USB & AUX inputs!
My bad!!! I stand corrected.

ESP was only available on thepetrol, am not sure if the petrol can is still available. We should get more details shortly
Old 26th March 2014, 10:40   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
They should also have offered their EDC gearbox, and the combo of diesel and automatic would have been a deal clincher for many prospective buyers in the Metros.
There was a rumour on this last year and I also remember Horamzd mentioning this as a part of his scoop on Autocar. Esp the fact that the EDC would land up on the diesel.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:55   #12
BHPian

I had driven the older turbo motor from BLR to Pondy and back, I was able to keep my friend another bhp'ian driving the newer motor in my RVM... perhaps boils to the driver skill... LOL

I felt the clutch a tad harder and excessive body roll than my Octavia vRS MK1, but the occupants were happier with the cabin space and plush ride quality.

Perhaps an autobox will make things easy.for the self driven.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 11:09   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
. Always wondered why it did not sell?
I believe it's the lack of a USP.

Chevrolet was in a bad situation when Cruze came out, but it had power and looks. Fluence looked different but not great, average performance, average FE (Laura used to give good figures with much better performance), average dealer and service network/ experience, good interiors but matched by other Europeans brands. There is not one particular reason why you should go for Fluence instead of competition.

Brand image cannot be the sole issue. Look what Duster did soon after Fluence flopped.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 13:17   #14
Team-BHP Support

The Skoda Octavia and the Jetta are expensive propositions plus the service experience leaves a lot to be desired.

The Cruze is just old and the rear legroom is seriously in short supply. The new Altis is going to get the 1.4L D-4D with 88PS. Performance is mediocre at best.

The Fluence ideally when compared to the competition is the best all round package. Jack of all trades but master of none.

I can't think of one reason as to why I would buy the new upcoming Toyota Altis diesel over the Fluence Diesel.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 13:37   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I believe it's the lack of a USP.
I think its more to do with non-appreciation. Agreed it may not have a USP, but people still yearn for Octavia/Jetta instead, inspite of them being costlier.

And people still prefer Altis thanks to Toyota reliability. But as self driven package as Vid puts it; its a perfect all rounder.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks