Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 12:07   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT

If they bring AMT, I am buying. Smaller size, powerful AC and Automatic are the perfect features One needs to drive in the populated and wild jungle of Ahmedabad.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:41   #137
Senior - BHPian

But if they are going to price it too close to Alto, Tata might as well not bother to launch it.

I like the product very much, but first time buyers usually consider a Maruti over Tata.
Old 29th March 2015, 02:58   #138
BHPian

I have always liked the NANO, but was never able to accommodate one in my garage. My friend recently bought a NANO Twist, the quality has gone up for sure from what it was in 2010. The car is definitely worth what it costs. If the same AMT on the Zest can be made available on the Nano, it will be the Zippy, compact and the most practical car for City use. But wonder if our Maruti obsessed crowds will ever be able to look beyond the Alto/800 lineup.

P.S. I have heard of over-engineered cars, but Nano is probably the only over badged car out there..! hope they dont name it Tata Nano Twist XT AMT.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 12:19   #139
BHPian

Tata please change the dashboard as well.A zest type dashboard can do wonders to thus lovely car
Old 30th March 2015, 13:22   #140
BHPian

The whole of the auto world on the internet is abuzz with the pictures of the Tata Nano Twist with a revised exterior and possibly the interior too. The idea that all these cars were equipped with AMT went against the information that was given to me by a Tata group insider that the AMT will be coming only in January of 2016. I therefore went back to the same person and the version he has given me is that this the facelifted Nano Twist which will come in the XT trim but will not have the Ftronic AMT transmission. He claims that he is very sure about the veracity of the information. I have therefore called Concorde Motors again and yet again they have told me that they have not heard from the factory of the launch of the AMT version anytime soon.

If Tata is indeed manufacturing the AMT Nano I cannot understand why the dealer (100% subsidiary of Tata Motors) and a person high up in the management change are denying this. I suppose one will have to wait and watch.
Old 30th March 2015, 13:59   #141
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
The idea that all these cars were equipped with AMT went against the information that was given to me by a Tata group insider that the AMT will be coming only in January of 2016.
Heard it from the horses mouth. A person involved in getting Tata PV to market. April launch is imminent
Old 30th March 2015, 14:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Heard it from the horses mouth. A person involved in getting Tata PV to market. April launch is imminent
Any changes on the engine front? Any chance of that long speculated 3 cylinder engine making its debut?
Old 30th March 2015, 16:05   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Pre-October 2015 launch would seem logical here because beyond that they may have to fit the Nano with safety features that should increase the price substantially. So 15 - 20K for the AMT and about 25K+ for airbags, ABS and other necessities. It will still be cheaper than the cheapest Maruti, but the ex-showroom price will be very close to 3 lakhs, if not more, if launched after October this year.

And just out of curiosity, can an existing Nano Twist be upgraded into an AMT?
Old 30th March 2015, 17:32   #144
BHPian

I contacted Lexus motors in Kolkata about the new model. The SA said that no information is available yet (standard response, even if information is available they'd hide it from the customer to sell the present stock).
However, the SA did say that an operable hatch is the main addition in the new model. I am not interested in an AMT, but a hatch would certainly helped. However, I decided to continue with the booking because:
1.The information about launch dates is not clear even to the dealership employees.
2. I find the facelift version to be less attractive when viewed from the front.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:26   #145
srh
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th August 2015 at 14:36.
srh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th April 2015, 18:27   #146
BANNED

Read it on indianautoblog that AMT variant could be launched in coming weeks.
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/t...g-weeks-175724

Quote:
Tata Motors is lining up the launch of the Nano facelift, dubbed the GenX Nano, which is expected to take place in the coming weeks. Showcased at the Auto Expo 2014, the Nano facelift is given new front and rear bumpers, smoked headlight clusters and a revised dashboard for an upmarket look.

More than the cosmetic changes, the GenX Nano’s highlight would be its new features.
The big news on the Nano facelift is the inclusion of new features such as a functional bootlid and an automated manual transmission. The Nano with a functional bootlid was previewed via the Nano Twist Active concept at the Auto Expo. The bootlid gets dual hydraulic mounts, a redesigned windscreen and a release mechanism for easy access to the luggage compartment.
The Nano with the automated manual transmission (AMT), which was showcased as the Nano Twist F-Tronic concept at the Auto Expo, makes use of a Magneti-Marelli made system, and claims to deliver 10-15 percent better fuel efficiency over a conventional automatic transmission.

The Nano pre-production concepts showcased at the Auto Expo also came with larger 24 liter fuel tanks, a new 3-spoke steering wheel, new seat fabrics and a dual-tone dashboard. These changes are expected to reposition the Nano as a smart city car, and shed the “poor man’s car” image traditionally associated since launch.
ottocycle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 16:45   #147
BHPian

Articles and photos of the AMT in the parking lots apparently indicate the launch is near.

Tata needs to launch the AMT fast to benefit from first mover advantage in the segment.

Another article on indianautoblog reflects an AMT competitor being readied for launch in the same segment:
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/r...n-india-175906

Last edited by Fx14 : 13th April 2015 at 16:54. Reason: grammatical changes
Old 14th April 2015, 14:50   #148
BHPian

Hi Guys, any news on the launch date of the AMT Nano? I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on one. Any news would be appreciated.
Old 15th April 2015, 18:11   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
Hi Guys, any news on the launch date of the AMT Nano? I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on one. Any news would be appreciated.
If the following changes @ Tata Motors Nano webpage are any indicators, then it should not be too far away :
  1. A link of "NanoGen" promising a new secret to be revealed (trust it would be the AMT being already discussed on this forum).
  2. Offers for April - Total Benefits on Nano Twist: Rs. 50,000* (up from 45K in March), while Total Benefits on Nano eMax: Rs. 40,000* (down from 45K in March) - probably to clear old model stocks of Twist before the new model (Twist Active) is launched. This may also indicate that there would be no CNG version of the AMT.
Old 16th April 2015, 10:18   #150
Team-BHP Support

The Nano AMT is likely to be called the Nano GenX. It will come with a creep function, which will help the car crawl forward once the driver lifts his foot off the brake pedal. The accelerator pedal does not have to be pressed.

The creep function is not available in the other AMT-equipped car from Tata Motors - the Zest. That is because the compact sedan uses an older generation gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks