Team-BHP - battle of the tip-tronics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   battle of the tip-tronics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14980-battle-tip-tronics-2.html)

Quote:

I like the civic A/T as much as you do coz paddle shifter have been something I have always craved about (Even though Amit has rightly suggested ohterwise )
Actually i don't like the Civic A/T. Hehe

The only A/T that interests me is the DSG with paddle shifters. Hopefully the RS should come with this in the future.

Quote:

And Shan2nu we are not having a debate or an arguments over whether civic is better or the invecs. We are just having a general information sharing on the tip-tronic scene in India.
Your very post says.

""lightweight is a lancer advantage while more power is a civic advantage.
Older lancer costs less while newer civic costs 1.5 times more.
which turns out to be a better car?""

So obviously people would want to choose the better one.

Shan2nu

Nothing wrong in comparing. The fact is that these are the only 2 4-cyl sedans with tiptronics below say 13L, but nobody would want the Invecs unless they are on tight budget and they absolutely have to have an auto. One is a price leader and the other is a performance leader.

Can someone put down here the approx costs of both these cars so we know exactly how much of a price difference there is?

Also, the Lancer's website is among the most ridiculous i have come across. I tried to find out what features the car comes with to compare it feature for feature with the Civic and all I know is that the Lancer has front discs and rear drum brakes! The civic comes with ABS, EBD, Brake assist and front air bags. Does the Indian Lancer come with all these features?

@AMit : lancer's Indian website sucks. Not been updated since ages.

yes on-road prices of both lancer invecs and Civic AT would be nice.

I guess we should continue this topic after someone actually test drives the civic A/T for a long stretch when not raining.

coz lag happens in an Auto tip-tronic. even in the Accord. maybe less as it has vast reserves of power. BUt I dont know if the Accord V6 is a real tip-tronic.

Quote:

someone actually test drives the civic A/T for a long stretch when not raining. coz lag happens in an Auto tip-tronic. even in the Accord.
If you want to know whether there is a lag in the A/T, then I can tell you no need to drive one. In the last one year I have driven countless Automatics and except for DSG, all automatics have a lag. And yea, the lag is extremely irritating if you are used to manuals. :)

[quote=Thats nice, so it's ok for me to say that since the Invex doesn't interest me (and yes, i've driven it), all Evos must be crap. Think about what you're saying here.

Why don't we just put up a poll and clear this, once and for all!!!

Shan2nu[/QUOTE]

Shan2nu, I would not bull **** about anything or say anything without knowing what I am speaking about. Get someone who is "well versed" with auto driving (and not occasional drivers) and ask him to drive both NH CVT and Invex and than take his word...

NHC is a good car but CVT auto has that rubberband effect and often you find yourself in a hair raising situation while suddenly trying to overtake.

Hope this clarifies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Shan2nu, I would not bull **** about anything or say anything without knowing what I am speaking about. Get someone who is "well versed" with auto driving (and not occasional drivers) and ask him to drive both NH CVT and Invex and than take his word...

NHC is a good car but CVT auto has that rubberband effect and often you find yourself in a hair raising situation while suddenly trying to overtake.

Hope this clarifies.

rishi, nobody is comparing the CVT and the invecs - its between the Civic and the invecs. and shan pointed out correctly that one cannot judge from the behavior of a CVT, how a Civic would drive like.

so lets leave the CVT out, please.

Cmon guys, Rishi Just gave his opinion for invecs based on CVT's performance which is again an automatic and he has clarified that he has not driven the civic.

Rishi, Are you going to test drive the Civic anytime soon? WOuld be nice if you can put up a performance chart comparo.

BTW is invecs still in production? I wonder why only 1.5 is given cng and not the invecs.

Quote:

Dude, nobody is comparing the NHC CVT to the Invex here. Moreover, i don't think the Civic is a CVT. So what sort of a comparison is that?

In what way does it make sense comparing a 120bhp Invex with a 77bhp CVT NHC, which is in a totally diff class.

Think about it again....

Shan2nu

Note from Mod

Watch it! the tone ain't good out here

I dont like to compare the OLD lancer and the new Babe Civic. Trust me, Civic is HOT.

I even read a comment in t-bhp, that lancers are hyped and in Dubai these are used for Pizza Deliveries. ( Correct me if i am wrong ).

Any day CIVIC is new and HOT...

Cheers,
Jai......

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevertouchme
I dont like to compare the OLD lancer and the new Babe Civic. Trust me, Civic is HOT.

I even read a comment in t-bhp, that lancers are hyped and in Dubai these are used for Pizza Deliveries. ( Correct me if i am wrong ).

Any day CIVIC is new and HOT...

Cheers,
Jai......

we are not comparing invecs to civic. Both are different segments. Period.

we are comparing the engines and their efficiency in the current body.

I love the Invecs and I love the civic A/T. Not even a single hairline difference in my love for the two. But cmon.................

baleno is old and hance Value for money. Its the best buy of the segment. New cars doesnt mean good cars.

Honda Civic is a new car. New cars mean better cars. Now I am getting confused.:p

Lancers are not hyped and yes they maybe used for pizza delivery. So? Civic is no different. In N.America they use Camry's and Accords as cabs. Leave aside lancer. In Germany they use mercedes-Benz as a cab. But hey dont you look at Merci's as a luxury car?:)

Civic is hot coz its New and the latest face. Seen the new lancer coming out of the Mitsu womb? makes Civic look like a savage.

Don't misunderstand me. My point is, its a circulating game with each manufacturer coming out with newer models time after other.

If i had to buy a automatic between a Invex and a Civic i would not even bother to look at the Lancer INVEX. Just book a Civic AT. If i didnot have the budget to buy a Civic AT i still wouldnot have looked at the Invex and straight away book a Honda City CVT. The comparission here is quite baseless, since the Lancer is a C segment car and the Civic is a D segment car whos competition is with the Cedia not with the Lancer, and just look at it the norm of this segment is ABS/Airbags/Climate Control all of which are missing in the Lancer. A better comparission would be between a Honda City CVT and a Lancer Invex and i would choose the CVT becuase of the interiors, resale value, honda brand image, quality, snob value, FE, maintainance, service the list is endless.

Unless Mitsubishi bucks up no one will care about them, Indians will no longer tolerate older gen cars for lesser money we are in a automotive revolution. In the ages of AVEOs and Swift who talks about Esteems and Zens??

Quote:

we are comparing the engines and their efficiency in the current body.
Since price is a no brainer how about getting Laura DSG or atleast a Octavia 1.9TDi AT in the picture.

1. You choice on the Honda CVT is pretty justified. But for me it goes beyond the looks and I will still look at the invecs between the two.

recently some1 has posted about how the NHC interiors have been weathered. Lancers outdated interiors still stand weather.

yes price is a no brainer here but engine capacities are. Now you decide, Does LAura with DSG fit here? and is TDi AT a tip-tronic?