Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 17:02   #91
BHPian

Re: March 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Once again, no surprises with maruti and hyundai at the top. Their formula seems to be great with the indian customers and thus, they have been rewarded with a huge piece of the pie. I personally feel honda has done a great bit of work to claw its way upto 4th position and i think they finally are beginning to understand how to deliver.

On the flip side, the future seems bleak for Skoda(years of shooting themselves in the foot has left them with empty magazines) . Sad to see one brand which makes decent cars has not yet understood customer relations.

The biggest gain has to be for fiat. A whooping change at that. Lets hope the italians can bring in the goods and establish themselves well.
Old 16th April 2014, 17:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
...On the flip side, the future seems bleak for Skoda(years of shooting themselves in the foot has left them with empty magazines) . Sad to see one brand which makes decent cars has not yet understood customer relations.
Sorry to disagree but I wonder how a car with litany of problems and breakdowns, so well documented and chronicled in several posts and forums, can be called a decent car.
Old 16th April 2014, 20:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Had a look at the total Ecosport production numbers and it is like this;

Total production - 7153
Domestic Sales - 3904
Exports - 2850

I don't see this changing anytime soon, unless Ford starts that 3rd shift soon. Till then I guess the 9 -10 months waiting period will remain...
I think the success of Ecosport has gone their head. Most of the dealerships in Karnataka have stopped taking orders for any variant of Ecosport.

Well, by the time Ford realises that they can't ignore the domestic market & treat potential customers shabbily, Hyundai's ix25 (Ecosport rival) will be here. It'll be a repeat of the nasty defeat Ford suffered at the hands of Hyndai in the Fiesta vs Verna fight in 2011.
Old 16th April 2014, 22:45   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post

I think the success of Ecosport has gone their head. Most of the dealerships in Karnataka have stopped taking orders for any variant of Ecosport.

Well, by the time Ford realises that they can't ignore the domestic market & treat potential customers shabbily, Hyundai's ix25 (Ecosport rival) will be here. It'll be a repeat of the nasty defeat Ford suffered at the hands of Hyndai in the Fiesta vs Verna fight in 2011.
I think that they are smart enough to understand that they can't make money without selling cars. So nobody celebrate success by simply closing bookings. Currently they seem to have a capacity constraint, and they have other markets to take care too. And india being a low margin market, it only makes sense to sell a good number of cars elsewhere.

Sometimes we feel that all the MBAs sitting there does not know how to sell cars. Trust me, they know better.
Old 17th April 2014, 00:02   #95
BANNED

If one clubs Renault, Nissan and Datsun together (essentially the same company, same factory, etc) they are at No.6 this month, just a hair behind Tata and well ahead of the rest! And that's not counting exports, which at least for Nissan are substantial.
Old 17th April 2014, 12:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Sorry to disagree but I wonder how a car with litany of problems and breakdowns, so well documented and chronicled in several posts and forums, can be called a decent car.
They do. Actually its due to the lack of problem resolution that puts people off. That is exactly why most of are wary of skoda. The good things someone do are never documented or mentioned. The Skoda fabia, octavia and laura are all good cars, well put together and seem upmarket.
Its the problems we have with our consumer grievance redressal mechanisms that has given a lot of room for a number of cheats to operate with their own free will. Other manufacturers have a tight hand on the service centres and their personnel ala Maruti and Hyundai.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 12:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
They do. Actually its due to the lack of problem resolution that puts people off. That is exactly why most of are wary of skoda. The good things someone do are never documented or mentioned. The Skoda fabia, octavia and laura are all good cars, well put together and seem upmarket.
Its the problems we have with our consumer grievance redressal mechanisms that has given a lot of room for a number of cheats to operate with their own free will. Other manufacturers have a tight hand on the service centres and their personnel ala Maruti and Hyundai.
I second Arch-Angel here. After a hassle free ownership of Fabia for past 4.5 years, I have upgraded to Rapid. In fact we never wanted to go for other brands after owning Fabia. I did not face any problems with the car, touch wood, but was able to manage the after sales guys. Once you sit on top of them, you can what you want. These good things are sparingly documented. Almost all the ownership threads of Rapid are of happy customers.

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 17th April 2014 at 12:57.
narsi_6989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 22:19   #98
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Arch and Narsi! Still not convinced. The problem-solving by dealer, short-supply of parts etc. are all secondary. All these come much later AFTER the car gives trouble. First and foremost, the big question, is do their cars breakdown and give trouble or not? Sice, they do and do a lot, if all the forums and posts here and elsewhere are to be believed, I would never call them decent cars. Anyway, you guys are entitled to your opinions so I rest my case here.

Last edited by pgsagar : 17th April 2014 at 22:20.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 07:45   #99
BHPian

Its a wonder how Punto numbers have substantially increased from last year. Since there is no change in the car whatsoever from the last year's version.

Linea is acceptable. May be trust has increased due to the exclusive Fiat workshops. Na !!
Old 18th April 2014, 18:59   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Its a wonder how Punto numbers have substantially increased from last year. Since there is no change in the car whatsoever from the last year's version.

Linea is acceptable. May be trust has increased due to the exclusive Fiat workshops. Na !!
'Trust' is the hardest and rarest thing in the Indian car market. Harder and rarer than any other car market in the world. Which is why only 2 or 3 early-mover firms have the mass market cornered, pretty much. It'll take Fiat, Nissan, Renault, Chevrolet, Skoda and VW at lot more expensive time and effort to achieve decent levels of 'trust', the kind that they almost take for granted in other markets.
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:33   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Top-selling passenger vehicles and two wheelers in FY14.

March 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-vars.jpg

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/34067952.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd April 2014 at 07:34.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:43   #102
BHPian

Top selling cars of the financial year 2013-14

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...3580&type=News
vish_wagon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 18:22   #103
BHPian

Does anyone has a breakup of City Petrol vs Diesel sales numbers?

It seems the waiting has increased on CVT to ~3 months whereas Diesel is ~1 month!
heysac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 10:47   #104
BHPian

NDTV CnB reports Maruti's April sales having gone down by 12.6% yoy at 79119 units. Although at around 16K units, the DZire reports a sales decrease of 17.7%.
Old 1st May 2014, 12:47   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's domestic sales declined by 12.6 per cent during the month to 79,119 units as against 90,523 units in April 2013.

M 800, Alto, A-Star and Wagon R, stands at 26,043
Swift, Estilo, Ritz, rose 9.9 per cent to 23,659( Celerio effect), Dzire sales is 16,008 , SX4 at 76,Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga at 5011 and eeco and Omni at 8322 complete the April sales for Maruti .

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle5965315.ece

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st May 2014 at 12:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks