Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 09:51   #91
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti Celerio to get 800 cc diesel engine. EDIT: Now launched!

Thanks to Sunil Kumar for sharing these pictures. Celerio diesel on the move.

Sure looks like the Celerio is Maruti's guinea pig for all new stuff that's unproven in the market. The AMT was introduced in the Celerio, and now, the small diesel.

Maruti Celerio to get 800 cc diesel engine. EDIT: Now launched!-img_4359.jpg

Maruti Celerio to get 800 cc diesel engine. EDIT: Now launched!-img_4356.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 10:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

That is an export model. Notice the Suzuki badging. Also the variant isn't visible. How did we determine this is a diesel?
Old 17th April 2015, 07:14   #93
BANNED

Source: http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-celerio...a-launch-soon/

Celerio spied in Maruti stockyard. Launch around the corner.

Maruti might have found out some quick fix for reducing the noise and vibration of 2cyl diesel engine. That's why they are launching Celerio ahead of their mini lorry inspite of the earlier news that the mini lorry will be the rat to test the new engine.
Old 17th April 2015, 08:43   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti might have found out some quick fix for reducing the noise and vibration of 2cyl diesel engine. That's why they are launching Celerio ahead of their mini lorry inspite of the earlier news that the mini lorry will be the rat to test the new engine.
This way, at least Maruti can say the excuse that the lack of success for Celerio is due to experimentation. On the other hand, if it does become a success, that would be propelling Celerio to the best seller chart. They've practically nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Old 24th April 2015, 22:28   #95
BHPian

http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-celer...Sjb2Afwg1pP.99

The Celerio diesel has been spotted inside the company plant. The spy pics show three variants - VDi, ZDi and ZDi(O)
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 10:51   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Putting all speculation to rest, Maruti is to launch Celerio Diesel in May'15 with an 800CC; 58 BHP; 150 Nm of Torque. The car is claimed to be the most (fuel) efficient of all cars available in India delivering a staggering 30KMPL! The Diesel Celerio is expected to be priced around 80K more than the petrol version of the Celerio. However, the diesel car may not get the AMT.

Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...-begins-757859

Last edited by saket77 : 25th April 2015 at 10:52.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 12:52   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Celerio diesel to return 30km/l, launch in June.

Quote:
Celerio diesel is gearing up to launch the new 793cc diesel engine. This engine was developed by Suzuki Japan for global use and this is a two-cylinder version.

This engine is highly fuel-efficient and will return a mileage of about 30 km/l as per ARAI cycle. This will be the highest car mileage in the ARAI cycle and will be setting a new benchmark.
http://motoroctane.com/news/12821-ma...launch-in-june
Old 28th April 2015, 18:07   #98
BHPian

So far Beat is the only small hatch with a diesel mill. Maruti has thought this out well as Beat diesel is quite popular. If they succeed with a good mini diesel then they will make a dent in Beat numbers.
Old 28th April 2015, 19:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
So far Beat is the only small hatch with a diesel mill. Maruti has thought this out well as Beat diesel is quite popular. If they succeed with a good mini diesel then they will make a dent in Beat numbers.
Beat is dead in sales numbers (both petrol and diesel). Discounts have been upwards of 70000 since a year and its still a very slow mover. In fact Celerio diesel can help it turnaround like how Jazz helped the old i20 (if the Celerio is priced too high)
Old 4th May 2015, 16:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Maruti kick started the AMT trend in India and garnered a strong response because of the transmission option. The Indian automaker is now looking to add to the model’s appeal with a new 800cc diesel engine. Kenichi Ayukawa, MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki has confirmed that the mill will deliver a fuel economy of nearly 30 km/l.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 10:20   #101
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the diesel version of the Celerio hatchback in India. Dealer dispatches of the car are slated to commence this month and the launch of the car is likely to take place by the end of May or the first week of June. Retail sales of the car are expected to start in June.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 11:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thank you to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the diesel version of the Celerio hatchback in India. Dealer dispatches of the car are slated to commence this month and the launch of the car is likely to take place by the end of May or the first week of June. Retail sales of the car are expected to start in June.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Did I read it right? 35 BHP? That's less power than the Duke 390, just to give a strange comparison! I think we're completely stripping cars of power and going crazy in favour of more and more FE, this is ridiculous!
Old 5th May 2015, 11:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Did I read it right? 35 BHP? That's less power than the Duke 390, just to give a strange comparison! I think we're completely stripping cars of power and going crazy in favour of more and more FE, this is ridiculous!
Is someone stopping the customers from buying high powered machines? VW has got one, the TSi, although its a petrol.

Different cars cater to different category of customers. If they like the 30Kmpl figure, they will go for it. If it feels underpowered, it won't sell.

Anyway, USP of diesels is their torque figures and not BHP necessarily. Will have to wait for that number.

Quote:
No mate, no one is stopping anyone from buying higher powered vehicles. But even for an entry level car, I thought the power output is way too low, even if the torque should provide reasonable drive-ability. I'm just not in the favour of lowering power to such levels to claim mind blowing FE numbers. To each his own.
Considering that the FGT version of the DDiS produces only 75bhp, I think it is wrong to expect anything more from a two cylinder engine. I would be worried more about the NVH than the low power ratings actually.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 5th May 2015 at 12:13.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 12:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Is someone stopping the customers from buying high powered machines? VW has got one, the TSi, although its a petrol.

Different cars cater to different category of customers. If they like the 30Kmpl figure, they will go for it. If it feels underpowered, it won't sell.

Anyway, USP of diesels is their torque figures and not BHP necessarily. Will have to wait for that number.
No mate, no one is stopping anyone from buying higher powered vehicles. But even for an entry level car, I thought the power output is way too low, even if the torque should provide reasonable drive-ability. I'm just not in the favour of lowering power to such levels to claim mind blowing FE numbers. To each his own.
Old 5th May 2015, 12:16   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Nothing wrong IMO but yes, 35PS, is a bit low but the entry level segment need FE and not 0-100 seconds.

I'll be interested in the torque that this engine produces making a difference in drivability.

I can understand your grouse buddy. This isn't a higher segment vehicle and AFAIK, Maruti is trying to get volumes out of this car so it'll be tuned for FE at the sacrifice of power.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed