Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2015, 19:36   #46
BANNED

Looking for petrol prices for selected cities

Hi friends

I am not sure if I am posting in the correct section but I am working on a project and an analysis requires petrol prices in Ghaziabad region in months of April and May 2014, with change points/dates. Can anyone help me with this please?
Old 28th February 2015, 19:48   #47
BHPian

Re: Looking for petrol prices for selected cities

Have a look at this site! It has all the information you need for your project! Navigate to your city and you would get the pricing history. Good Luck

MY PETROL PRICE
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 20:18   #48
BANNED

Hi Yash

I have tried that site but it does not have Ghaziabad data (let alone the data in Apr - May 2014 period)
Old 28th February 2015, 22:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Try the following link. It gives prices of both petrol & diesel along a specific route. Just put in location around Ghaziabad and it would give prices for HP pumps.

Hoping this would definitely help you out.

http://hproroute.hpcl.co.in/ROAlongRoute/index.jsp
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 23:00   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Try the following link. It gives prices of both petrol & diesel along a specific route.
=========
http://hproroute.hpcl.co.in/ROAlongRoute/index.jsp
It is not giving historical prices. I am looking for prices during April, May 2014. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:50   #51
BHPian

Re: Diesel-Petrol price difference up from Rs 10 to Rs 17 now!

After the latest round of revision in prices of diesel & petrol - the difference (in Delhi) is up from around Rs 10 (from Aug'14 to Mar'15) to now Rs 17 per litre (29% difference). It was expected that over a period of time the (artificial) gap between the prices of the two fuels will atleast stabalize at around Rs 10 / litre, if not be completely at par. Also, the jump hasn't been sudden, but the gap has steadily increased over a period of time (Sep'14 to Jul'15).

Following is a screenshot of the updated comparison sheet (click on sheet to zoom):
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel-Petrol price difference trends-pvsdjul15.jpg  

jessie007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 23:28   #52
BHPian

Re: Diesel-Petrol price difference up from Rs 10 to Rs 17 now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
After the latest round of revision in prices of diesel & petrol - the difference (in Delhi) is up from around Rs 10 (from Aug'14 to Mar'15) to now Rs 17 per litre (29% difference). It was expected that over a period of time the (artificial) gap between the prices of the two fuels will atleast stabalize at around Rs 10 / litre, if not be completely at par. Also, the jump hasn't been sudden, but the gap has steadily increased over a period of time (Sep'14 to Jul'15).
With one more reduction today, the difference is in the prices is in region of where they were before the diesel prices were de-regulated. Its intriguing on why the price differential when they go up are twice (petrol vs. diesel) and when reduced are half. Is the cracking process followed in India the reason for the skewed differential even with de-regulated pricing?

With every price drop and the difference widening makes me cringe on why I got back a petrol heart 2 years ago, letting go of the diesel. If this trend is to continue, the sale differential between petrol vs. diesel passenger cars would once again show trends of where we were in 2011 ~ 2013.
Electric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 08:05   #53
BHPian

Re: Diesel-Petrol price difference trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Our government need to rethink on the diesel usage policy by private cars as per this article, diesel fuel is polluting the air more than it was thought of earlier .

"it has emerged that the fuel (diesel) is not only less efficient than we were led to believe, but dirtier and more damaging to the environment than petrol. So much so, in fact, that it is killing us in our tens of thousands.

This week, Professor Frank Kelly, chairman of the Department of Health's committee on air pollution, said diesel engines could be responsible for more than 7,000 deaths a year because of the pollutants they emit. He added that governments had taken the 'wrong route' for decades by encouraging drivers to switch from petrol. "

The full article is on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...usands-us.html
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. And it is an article in the Daily Mail, a publication that tends to exaggerate and sensationalize facts.

From the Automobile Association of New Zealand:
  • "CO2 (Carbon dioxide) is one of the major greenhouse gases that has been linked to discussions on climate change. Generally, diesel engines emit a lower level of CO2 per kilometre travelled so could be considered better for the environment.
  • CO (Carbon monoxide) is a lethal gas produced by petrol engines. While CO emissions have been combated with the use of catalytic convertors, they only work effectively once they have reached operating temperature, so CO is still a by-product of petrol engines during the warm-up phase.
  • NOx (Nitrous Oxide) combines with low level ozone to form smog. While NOx can be higher in a new diesel than a new petrol engine, petrol engines produce more NOx over time.
  • HC (Hydrocarbon) in fuels contains harmful chemicals including benzene. Benzene has been proved to be highly carcinogenic. HC emissions are much higher in petrol engines than diesel.
  • SPM (Suspended Particulate Matter) refers to particles suspended in the air, such as soot, emitted from the exhaust of a diesel engine. While modern diesels are fitted with particulate filters, SPM emissions are still high in older diesel engines.
To summarise the environmental impact of petrol vs diesel engines: diesel comes out on top with regards to CO2, CO and HC. Both are around the same when it comes to NOx and diesel is worse for SPM."

http://www.aa.co.nz/cars/maintenance...hould-you-buy/

In our family we have always had diesels. I drive a diesel car at the moment mainly because I get almost twice the mileage compared to a petrol car (I drive a lot; visiting family who stay about 300km from me - I do this trip almost every weekend). It is very convenient for me to fill up at the start, and I'll have more than enough fuel to get back home and drive around town for a week before I have to fill up. And the bonus is diesel is cheaper than petrol at the moment!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks