Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:02   #31
gemi_kk

re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Why on earth can't they leave the beautiful designs alone? Just to add a nip & tuck and call it a 2014 model??
I love the old design. Its a bit classic. Well, atleast when compared to this one.

I hate this new design. But why Maruti is still trying to make an ugly looking car? what's running in their minds?

This ugly design enables them to share parts with the current running ugly looking Alto 800. so more common spares, means less cost to manufacture and more profits. So more profits, more profits?, ohhh my god, mooore profits. Lets make it as fast as possible.

Old 3rd May 2014, 10:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

I think, if they are able to manage to redesign alto and make it look good, it will be a huge boost. And they have to continue the trend of making better looking cars. As hormadz sorabjee said, due to conservative styling people tend move to other brand when they move segment higher. That's where Suzuki is losing the market.

Last edited by fz_rider : 3rd May 2014 at 10:16.
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

IAB renders the upcoming Alto K10. Headlamps looks too much like Ertiga. The grill reminds me of old Alto. Oversized air dam. Just a render, take it with a pinch of salt.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-marutialto800faceliftrenderingiab.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2014, 20:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Maruti seems to be slowly phasing out all their passenger cars based on designs from the last century. They've phased out the 800, Alto and Estilo in the last year, all of which were based on pre-2000 designs. So it is just a matter of time before K10 got the axe since there is no parts sharing advantage and the number of new K10s are relatively much lower. I rarely see new K10s in the dealer lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
What is it with the air dams in the front bumper of the new Marutis ?
I fail to understand why Maruti implements those half covered, non linear air dams ? Half of them have open grille and half of them closed. That too in an uneven pattern. I know its for cooling the engine, but then uniformity is something, isn't it ?

Asking because just saw some closeups and it seems that this Alto too has a similar air damn feature, but a little different from the original Alto 800.

Any technicalities that these help in the dynamics of the car ? How would non-linear pattern pattern help in dynamics ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Infact, on close-up view, this uneven, asymmetric air-dam design looks plain ugly in my opinion!

Is there any technical reason why they design it like this, in-spite of this ugliness?
I think it is more of a trade-off between cooling the engine bay and protection of the components. We have the engine block and other critical parts behind the covered air-dam. In older days, the cooling mechanism of the engines needed the help from cool air to prevent the engine block from overheating. With the advancement to the cooling systems, current generation engines don't need it and can afford to have it covered.

Considering the state of our roads, it is not just air that hits the air dam. In most cases, slush and small stones from the rear tyre of the vehicle in front also hits the air dam. In such cases, these covered air-dam prevents these from entering the engine bay. The radiator would also function in a similar fashion and prevent anything entering the engine bay. The open half of air-dam is mostly 'covered' by radiator and functions in a similar fashion and prevent anything from entering the engine bay. Radiator still works as an air cooled system and hence cannot be covered. Also, the average speeds were much lower earlier ensuring the projectiles are mostly restricted to the bottom of the car. With the average speed of vehicles increasing, these projectiles now fly much higher and faster than in older times requiring the air-dams to be closed to protect the components behind it.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 00:43   #35
BHPian

No msil no please dnt do it!
Dont ruin the old classic looks of the alto k10, the alto 800 is ugly!
Just improve the quality of interiors and some changes here and there, it will just be fine.

I have never driven the alto 800, have driven alto k10, but somehow feel that k10 is more stable on roads than 800 due to the height difference.
Whenever I see an alto 800 I feel as if it would just fly off the road in wind, no offences to the owners, I love the brand "alto".
Msil, over the years, you people have mastered the art of producing ugly designs.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:40   #36

Cartoq's speculative rendering based on the Alto 800 facelift. This car looks pretty good compared to the Alto 800.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-marutialto800render4.jpg  

antlerroad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 15:22   #37
BHPian

The feedback from a Classic Alto Owner- It gives a feel of bigger Car (relatively) compare to a M800 but Alto 800 looks upgraded M800 and hence why should we pay more.
I could not agree more.
The present Alto 800 or its upgrade would need to focus on changing customer perspective. This is only possible by major design change and not just upgrade.
Old 7th May 2014, 11:39   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to launch completely new Alto K10 compact hatchback in 2014-15.

Quote:
The new Alto K10 will be launched around January 2015. The design has completely been changed and it will now offer more space, more modern interiors as well as the AMT auto gear technology
http://www.financialexpress.com/news...1415/1247909/0

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th May 2014 at 11:41.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 13:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Is it literally a facelift? The rear needs a redesign way more than the front! No renderings of the rear or is that not changing at all (which would be a shame)
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

According to indianautosblog, this is the alto k10:

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_spiednewmarutialtok10.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/n...0-spied-131875

Pic source: Gaadiwaadi.com

Since the pictures are not clear, I doubt it! It doesn't look anything like the first set of pictures in the thread.

Last edited by fz_rider : 3rd June 2014 at 00:24.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:46   #41
BANNED

Heard earlier that Maruti is trying to resurrect the ZEN brand in India. Any chance that this car will get the ZEN name? Because no other new Maruti hatch car is on offer. If so, it will be another shame for the iconic ZEN brand after its affair with Estilo!

Or, can we expect a rear-lifted Ritz with ZEN name on it?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd June 2014 at 12:47.
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

I personally hate the new Alto 800 looks. If its the same with the K10 now, I would hate it even more. I somehow cannot connect to a 'pocket rocket' with that image/shape.
Old 3rd June 2014, 23:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Good.My original K10 might just become a future classic now.

In all fairness though the K10 is not a safe car *knock on wood*.I hope whatever Maruti replaces it with comes with atleast some sort of international crash tested credentials and ABS+Airbags.These cars sell in large numbers and Maruti should have some sort of responsibility of kitting out all their cars in their range with some semblance of safety features.

Other than that,the flush rear tailamps and the bootlid look pretty smart.I dont like that huge design mass over the rear wheels which kind of makes the wheels look so puny.Hopefully they will give it a nice face.That,along with an AMT will make it cracking package!
Old 4th June 2014, 06:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I personally hate the new Alto 800 looks. If its the same with the K10 now, I would hate it even more. I somehow cannot connect to a 'pocket rocket' with that image/shape.
I second you. The new Alto 800 is plain ugly to say the least. They have just introduced curves all over for the sake of it. I sincerely hope the K10 does not follow the design language of the new Alto. The K10 is good as is.
Old 19th June 2014, 21:24   #45
BHPian

Does anyone here have insider info about the K10 facellift launch? Thinking of booking one in ~2 months. Not sure whether to wait or not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks