Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:08   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Actually this design is done based on the extensive market research by Maruti. As you know our roads are crowded and due to lack of driving discipline most of the new cars will have dents all over (thanks to bikers, cabbies, bus drivers, truck drivers, educated and uneducated drivers etc.. etc) within few minutes of delivery.

As an innovative way to resolve this issue Maruti designed new Alto 800 with factory made big dents all over the body, so that small dents caused by other vehicles/motorists can be easily covered under those monster factory made dents.

It was highly successful and they are now trying out the same designs in another successful model Alto K10. Based on the feedback this design language will be carried over to all future Maruti cars.

Clean car designs...go to hell!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd September 2014 at 19:20.
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:24   #77
BHPian

How I wish MSIL had reincarnated the original Zen instead of creating these diabolical excuses of cars called Altos

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-zen-1.jpg

After all, the Zen was the Original Alto.
NONE of the wannabes can hold a candle onto the original Zen, which was simple, understated and classy!

Even the modernity of the K10 engine is no match for the buzzy, rev-happy all-aluminium 1 litre engine of the Zen, which begged to have its neck wrung! Matters improved further when MPFi was later introduced!

I had the good fortune of owning an original MH-410, once upon a time!
Had I realized that Maruti would henceforth '(mis)handle' the designs, I would have never sold my Zen!

Alas, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Last edited by cpbopanna : 22nd September 2014 at 20:26.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Few more details have emerged:

Alto K10 facelift will be the most fuel efficient petrol car from Maruti Suzuki .
•Alto K10 facelift will be the most fuel efficient petrol Automatic car in India .
•Alto K10 facelift will get total newly designed dual ton dashboard & door trims .
•Alto K10 facelift's top 2 trims will get beige color interior .
•Alto K10 facelift will available in 4 variants but with 3 badges i.e Lx , Lxi & Vxi .
•Vxi MT will get option of fog lights , body colored door handles & Door mouldings .
•AMT transmission will available in Lxi & Vxi variants .
•CNG will available in Lxi variant only , later to get in Lx variant also .
•Alto K10 facelift will now have Cerulam blue & grenight grey colors in place of ecru beige & glistening grey
•Alto K10 Vxi will be the first Alto to get Front & Rear power windows

Source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_full-hd-k10.jpg  

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_hd-14.jpg  

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_hd-21.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 12:31   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Though little OT, but I echo the sentiments in your post. Maruti should at least bring one clean, understated hatchback design in its portfolio and watch the market response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
[b][i]
After all, the Zen was the Original Alto.
Not actually. It was originally the Cervo Mode in the home market, Japan. Though, Suzuki did name it as Alto in some European countries.

Regards,
Saket
Old 10th October 2014, 08:39   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki confirms launch of AMT-powered Alto K10 on October 21. Would become the most affordable 'Automatic' in the country!

After announcing its strategy to use the automated manual transmission mode to make automatics affordable, Maruti Suzuki confirmed that the Alto K10 facelift will be launched in automated and CNG variants later this month.
Quote:
The new Alto K10 will be offered in LX, LXi, VXi and VXi (O) versions with 5-speed manual and two AMT variants LXi and VXi. Its engine is expected to generate 67 bhp power and 89.27 Nm torque, same as the updated Celerio.
The new Alto K10 is expected to flaunt a chrome front grille, wide headlamps, re-designed front and rear bumpers, expansive bonnet, Celerio's wing mirrors, revised tail lamps as well as 13-inch wheels. A new dashboard, upgraded controls and higher quality upholstery should be visible on the inside.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/m.../1/394962.html
Old 10th October 2014, 15:19   #81
Senior - BHPian

This would be a interesting launch.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-maruti...ure-amt-677292

Though I like what i am reading, the only sour point is the design would be 'inspired' by Alto 800. Are you kidding me? That would be disastrous.
Old 10th October 2014, 15:30   #82
BHPian

Oh no.. The recent launches (hatchbacks) from Maruti's were looking terribly bad. Be it Alto 800, Celerio, and now they ruined k10. I was suggesting this car over others, now gona stop suggesting anything from Maruti stable except Swift. They killed the beautiful old Zen with Estilo, now the k10.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The new Alto K10 will be offered in LX, LXi, VXi and VXi (O) versions with 5-speed manual
Someone please tell me that the bold part comes with dual airbags and ABS (with rear wipers maybe) like the Wagon R VXi(O).
That would make it the cheapest car with the basic safety kit(though I doubt that the airbags would be useful with that structure)

PS Got to know that Wagon R comes only with a driver airbag :/

Last edited by theredliner : 10th October 2014 at 17:08.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:30   #84
Team-BHP Support

Some more shots of the new Alto K10 courtesy Gaadiwaadi:

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-dscn1565.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-dscn1560.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-full-hd-4.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-dscn1571.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-full-hd-k10-1.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-spiednewmarutialtok10taillights.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-spiednewmarutialtok10stockyard.jpg

Source: Gaadiwaadi

Man, have these guys camped outside the MSIL plant or what?!
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 20:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

I guess Vxi(O) means a driver airbag is in the offing just like they have in the Alto 800. Also MS seems to have introduced a black beige combination for the interiors. The instrument panel should get an upgrade though the dashboard remains the same.
Old 10th October 2014, 21:51   #86
BHPian

So driver side airbag expected in AMT version or not ? Doesn't look like. No idea what these companies think when deciding trims.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 10th October 2014, 22:59   #87
Team-BHP Support

Now that they've murdered the design (WHY OH WHY???), I hope they at least have a loaded variant (AMT + airbags + hopefully ABS + tyres that are wider than commuter bikes'). Probably too much to ask though, as it seems like it will be a 'take this or that' offering in the usual Maruti style.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:41   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Some more shots of the new Alto K10 courtesy Gaadiwaadi:
Hey Bhpians,
In the last pic, How many non-altok10 cars are there? Avoid Ciaz lot.
Just for fun.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Completely the right move, The current Alto K10 really does not have the space as the Alto 800 does. Why would Maruti even spruce that thing up when it can get space in the Alto800 at the same time plonk a powerful engine and AMT together to make it a complete combination ? I would totally love to buy one of these as I am sure it will cost south of 4 lakhs on road as anything more in the price, it will directly compete with Celerio.

Maruti is playing all the right cards, wonder why the competition is sleeping ?
Old 13th October 2014, 12:48   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Completely the right move, The current Alto K10 really does not have the space as the Alto 800 does. Why would Maruti even spruce that thing up when it can get space in the Alto800 at the same time plonk a powerful engine and AMT together to make it a complete combination
The Alto K10 and Alto 800 are essentially the same cars. The Alto 800 is just a facelift with different sheet metal.

The Alto 800 appears to have more space because of the following. Thinner front seats, scooped out front seats and reduced seat travel for front seats.

By doing this you feel rear has more space than the old Alto and Alto K10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed