Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 10:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
I think you meant soar
Ha Ha "Soar" LOL just a typo err

@ jkdas which detuned 4 cyl engine u talking about ? is it CRDi? can u provide the link
Old 13th July 2006, 10:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
Guys,

"The Hindu" today says that a Santro 1.1 Litre Crdi is to be launched in 2007. Its engine is the Accent Crdi's engine less one cylinder. It churns out 75 bhp .

Overall economy is said to be 20 kmpl.

DO you guys have any more info on this?

Rayden.
I am not sure if Hindu has aquired rights from Autocar. But they copied a lot from the recent Autocar article (same words, sentences) on future diesel cars. Earlier also I have seen a similar article in Hindu 'Wheels' section.
Old 13th July 2006, 10:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
@ jkdas which detuned 4 cyl engine u talking about ? is it CRDi? can u provide the link
da ONE taht would be n teh new Accent which is rate at 110bhp!
Old 13th July 2006, 11:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

going by the price of the crdi accent ,a fully loaded xing crdi would cost more than the base getz .
it would make better sense to have a getz crdi instead
Old 13th July 2006, 11:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
going by the price of the crdi accent ,a fully loaded xing crdi would cost more than the base getz .
nice point. Remember they stopped producing teh Xing XS so that tehy can lower teh price of base Getz. Maybe they would do something like that.
Old 13th July 2006, 11:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
I think it will make more sense if Hyundai gives the 3Cyl CRDi engine in to a Getz, i am sure their sales will sour.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

nice point. Remember they stopped producing teh Xing XS so that tehy can lower teh price of base Getz. Maybe they would do something like that.
Yeah Thats what i have mentioned in post # 10
Old 13th July 2006, 12:34   #22
BHPian

Hyundai is planning to localise the production of CRDi engines.All their new strategies are based on the assumption that this will drive down the cost for their CRDi engined cars.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen
Hyundai is planning to localise the production of CRDi engines.All their new strategies are based on the assumption that this will drive down the cost for their CRDi engined cars.
Yes, but by how much? Will the reduce in price be enough? I doubt it will be enough in the Santro's case.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

I dont have words for Hyundai. All i can say is They are really starting to answer their critics, with this Santro out who will buy the current Indica/WagonRs. Also i was shocked to know that the new Accent has a 1.5L third Generation CRDi engine which has 110 horses and (hold your breath) 24kgm torque, and all that will match and beat cars like the Honda City Vtec.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:21   #25
BHPian

Even I doubt know how much Hyundai is planning to succeed with Santro Crdi,but I feel they have a decent chance on Getz with current accent's Crdi engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I dont have words for Hyundai. All i can say is They are really starting to answer their critics, with this Santro out who will buy the current Indica/WagonRs. Also i was shocked to know that the new Accent has a 1.5L third Generation CRDi engine which has 110 horses and (hold your breath) 24kgm torque, and all that will match and beat cars like the Honda City Vtec.

I never trust Hyundai's advertising/rumour gimmicks,although I vouch for their CRDi engines and A.S.S.We cant say anything for sure until we know it for sure.

Last edited by adya33 : 23rd July 2006 at 15:14.
Old 13th July 2006, 16:53   #26
BHPian

Will it come out in 2007?
Old 13th July 2006, 17:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Going by the fact that Hyundai's petrol engines are paper tigers with impressive figures on the paper but not so impressive performance by the car on the roads, i wonder how Hyundai's own CRDI engines perform.

BTW, isn't this the first time that Hyundai is producing their own Dsl engines? I am not aware of their international models. First it was Peugot and then Detroit motors that power Hyundai's Dsl cars. Keeping my fingures crossed.
Old 13th July 2006, 17:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

the configuration does not seem right.. take 1 cyl of the accent crdi makes it a twin cylinder diesel..it would be highly Fuel Efficient etc..but the NVH will go for a toss..

Wonder how HMIL is planning this one..

OR maybe it will be an entry level car to give our Indicas competetion.. remember there is no entry level vehicle [read diesel] that is as cheap to run as an Indica..and thats why they sell the numbers inspite of all their problems with Electricals and AC, PS etc..
Old 18th July 2006, 22:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Current Santro to be discontinued!

The current Santro is going to be discontinued next year, an another avatar of it will be launched early 2007. The new model will have a 1.1 litre - 3 cylinder oil burner and the same petrol motor tuned for the new emission norms to be launched next year.
Old 19th July 2006, 09:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Where did you get this info from? Did it come in some magazine or soem website?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks