Team-BHP - Honda India's near-term plans for 2014
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda India's near-term plans for 2014 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/150547-honda-indias-near-term-plans-2014-a-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3492913)
Honda has shifted its focus from offering premium vehicles in India to products catering to the mass market. Recently, the company launched the Mobilio - a people carrier, making it Honda's fourth car in the sub 10 lakh rupees category, after the Brio, Amaze and City, with the CR-V being the company's only premium offering in India.

Trying hard to reach the lines of Hyundai and Maruti. I feel the efforts taken to each them is good but not the quality offered. No justice and correlation at all.

Thank god the City has some premiumness left in it but the Mobilio is bad that to when it comes from 'Honda'.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3493851)
Trying hard to reach the lines of Hyundai and Maruti. I feel the efforts taken to each them is good but not the quality offered. No justice and correlation at all.

I would leave out Hyundai from that. They are getting better with every new model, and nowadays quality compromises are minimum (compared to what is offered in a specific segment). And compared to H, the H have quality representation in almost every segment, for e.g.; i20, Elantra, Sonata, Santa Fe etc.

The thing Honda needs to remember is that quality of parts is directly proportional to that overall premium feel. And so to the price a product can command.

And I am sure the mass market will let them know that in the medium to long term.

If Hyundai comes up with a premium entry level X-over, I hope Honda is forced to re-think on its decision on not bringing the Vezel to India. Would be interesting to watch that prospect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3493889)
If Hyundai comes up with a premium entry level X-over, I hope Honda is forced to re-think on its decision on not bringing the Vezel to India.

Yeah! agree: Hyundai's ix25 and Honda's Vezel competing against each other would be a gladiatorial battle, and customers would benefit immensely as neither would want to take the cost-cutting route to increase sales. Instead, we could be looking at a battle between the near ideal all-round cars for Indian conditions - large & spacious, yet compact & agile, modern monocoques with high GC, good ride & handling, engines with adequate power yet providing decent FE numbers and loaded with safety and comfort features. These are cars that would be equally at home in the congested city and on the empty highway, good tarmac and nearly non-existent village roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSR (Post 3494221)
These are cars that would be equally at home in the congested city and on the empty highway, good tarmac and nearly non-existent village roads.

This is the exact point. You need a car, which is premium, but at the same time is reliable enough to take the abuse of daily usage as well as the highway.

Latest episode of "CEO on the drive" with Honda CEO Hironori Kanayama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrWT...5NbqDWHJqCnhpA

Its a little disappointing to know that Vezel will not hit our market anytime near future. I had some wicked thoughts that I may be lucky to get to choose between the City and the Vezel in 2015. I wish that Honda could have planed to get it however looking at the current situation , I guess Honda is not equipped to get another new car into its already over loaded production lines at both the plants.IMO the Honda City will hold its market share as it is no doubt one of the best on the segment , however the other models from Honda are not keeping up with the competition and this is not a very heartening.

cheers,
pdma.

Im really hoping that the Vezel will hit India in 2015. Ever since I saw the unveiling I knew that I'd buy it if it launched here.
Im most excited by the Hybrid version. Ill pick it up for sure if its in the 15-20L price bracket.

Excellent review, GTO!

I saw a line about an upcoming compact SUV from Honda. Is it, perchance, the HR-V? I know this model is expected this winter in the US. It's based on the Jazz platform (Fit in the US).

Japanese carmaker, Honda is rumoured to be developing a 1-litre, naturally aspirated petrol engine for its min/small car range. It is likely to make its debut in a new sub-Brio offering from the company in 2017. The car is likely to be manufactured at a new plant in Gujarat and will be aimed at volume sellers such as the Maruti Suzuki Alto, Wagon R, Celerio and Hyundai Eon.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The HR-V looks like the car to die for - compact, high ground clearance, alluring looks and it seems more than adequate inside space. Does anyone know if the hybrid version of the Jazz will be brought to India. It is running in Japan & the UK.

Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), has inaugurated its 200th dealership in the country. Metro Honda in Secunderabad was inaugurated by Mr. Hironori Kanayama, President and CEO, HCIL.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

2014 Honda Jazz’s Indian launch could be delayed

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/11/2...h-defer-156719

"Honda says that demand for its current models has far exceeded expectations and hence the launch of the new Jazz is “slightly adjusted”. Mr. Hironori Kanayama, President and CEO, Honda Cars India, said that the company is yet to take a decision on the exact time of the launch."

By looking at October sales figures, i don't think Honda has so much work load. Brio as always struggling to sale even 1500-2000 cars, Amaze is down, Mobilio has lost its shine within 3 months & City has new BIG competitor in terms of Ciaz. Don't know why they are making such statements. I am sure Honda is going to struggle more in coming months.

What about the Civic rumours? Apparently a model was imported for testing. Somebody also posted a pic of the civic hatchback in india.