Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda India's near-term plans for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Also, do you have any info on by when they are targeting "No waiting list" with their current product line up. For Suzuki, it took years to match demand & production volume.
In my opinion, Honda should be going down the line where they are offering cars without any waiting list. Couple of Reasons for that:

1. They increase the production and the market scenario changes; they will end up having stocks going up and the sales not being upto the expectation.
2. The Indian Market seems to have a general feeling of "it should be a good car, thats why it has a waiting period such high." about the cars that have a waiting period.

But having said that, the waiting period should not be beyond 4-6 weeks for any of their cars or else they may potentially lose customers also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
To sum it up, can we say that Honda is behind volumes as it is playing below 10 Lakhs only (majority sales). Not much focus on Civic, CRV segment for now. Companies are coming to realize the India middle class potential!
Totally agree with that. With Mobilio & Jazz being launched, who knows probably Honda might just be fighting for the 3rd Spot or probably would have taken over the 3rd Spot by end of 2014 or mid-2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
->Amaze doesn't need anything extra IMHO. It's well equipped for it's price and Honda want to keep a gulf between City and Amaze
I slightly disagree on this. I feel Honda should come up with better interiors for the Amaze soon or else they may start losing heavily to Hyundai's Xcent. The dashboard of Amaze is just too boring.

As an exaggeration of course, but one of my friend quoted 'The Dashboard of Tata Nano is much better in terms of looks that that of the Amaze"
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:55   #32
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

I slightly disagree on this. I feel Honda should come up with better interiors for the Amaze soon or else they may start losing heavily to Hyundai's Xcent. The dashboard of Amaze is just too boring.
The dashboard on the amaze maybe boring, but it's 99 bhp diesel and 87 bhp(main USP along with the interioir packaging) petrol is just miles ahead of Hyundai's U2 and Kappa2 engines. Amaze has a big car feel (Very, very important USP of amaze) due to the recessed dashboard. So no way honda will sell Amaze with a new dashboard. Maybe in the facelift, they may add a climate control and a new ICE with bluetooth compatibility.
Old 4th May 2014, 00:18   #33
BHPian

As per following article in IAB, previous version of Jazz was 72-73% localized and Honda is trying to increase localization higher for the new Jazz thereby making it more cost competitive.

I was surprised to read that current variant of Jazz would be 72% localized which did not make any sense given every other Honda car in less than 10 lac bracket is 90% localized.
Old 5th May 2014, 18:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can safely forget the Vezel for India.
How cruel of Honda! :-(. The pictures of the Vezel that got released a few days back made me have visions of making it my next ride. Loved the styling though I am not too much of an 'SUV guy'.

What a pity!
Old 6th May 2014, 14:41   #35
BHPian

Honda should build a Mobilio automatic version both in petrol and diesel and it will be superhit in India like Odyssey in US. After returning back to India we really miss the automatic MUV would have loved a Innova automatic or Ertiga Automatic.
Old 6th May 2014, 18:53   #36
BHPian

Very informative thread about the Honda's future strategy.
However like many have already written, a compact SUV with Diesel AT and Honda has clear winner in hand, that too without having any competition whatsoever.

I have always wondered, is Diesel AT such an impossible task in sub 10Lac cost, that every manufacturer is so scared to bringing it here ? For a person who drives a lot in the city and occasional highway drives, Diesel AT is his best wish granted.
Old 7th May 2014, 15:00   #37
BHPian

Thanks Ajmat for the details on Honda plans for India.

Sad to know that CRV Diesel is not on planning board. Loved the Car & always wanted one before settling for Fortuner, reason Diesel Vs Petrol.

My next wait would be for Jazz Diesel, which will replace my Swift. I hope its would be worth the wait.
Old 30th July 2014, 08:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Honda developing a Compact SUV & Small Car for India

Honda Motor has started work on developing a small car and a compact sports utility vehicle targeting India, as it aims to break into the country's mass market segment, people familiar with the company's plans said.

Part of the development will be carried out in India with a focus on maximising the use of local products to keep costs low. The process has moved from consideration stage to real development work in the past couple of months, they said.

Yoshiyuki Matsumoto, president and CEO of Honda Motor India, said the process to develop the small car has just begun. "It (introduction of the car) is not very far, but we can't give you an exact time," he said. He didn't comment on the SUV.

The Japanese firm also sees a market for the small car in other South Asian nations as well as Africa and Indonesia, and has code named it the 'World A Entry Car' to signify this potential.

In India, small cars including hatchbacks and sub-4 metre sedans rule the market, accounting for more than two-thirds of total passenger vehicle sales and driving the performance of companies such as Maruti Suzuki and the local unit of Hyundai Motor. Compact SUVs have done well too.

Read the full article on The Economic Times http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/39260445.cms
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 09:28   #39
BHPian

Re: Honda developing a Compact SUV & Small Car for India

Would be a good move by Honda, since now, the primary selling is only the City. Obviously the Mobilio will lend a hand, but they can't be a one/two trick pony.
Old 30th July 2014, 15:20   #40
BHPian

After witnessing the build quality of 'built to cost' products from Honda here in India off late, one can only imagine how their real 'cheap' car would shape up soon!

Hope Honda does not fool around further with the build quality of its cars and start selling real big tin boxes with its logo on it!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 17:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Honda is certainly looking at volumes sectors, which is indicated by quick release of the Amaze/Mobilio both based on Brio keeping development/inventory cost down.

I will not be surprised if the upcoming compact SUV is also based off the Brio rather than the Jazz. Just hope that in dash for volumes, they do not compromise the quality and reliability that Honda is known for. Love to see a Civic replacement and a compact SUV which is really a SUV and not a blown up hatch.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 30th July 2014 at 17:25.
Old 30th July 2014, 20:16   #42
BHPian

This is what Brio family will look like in 2017. It seems Honda will continue to milk its Brio platform for years to come.

The images of World A entry car and Compact SUV are fictitious but they should look like a shrunk version of Brio and a blown up version

Attachment 1268261

Source: SUV pic from IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India's near-term plans for 2014-honda-brio-family.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 30th July 2014 at 20:42.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 20:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
This is what Brio family will look like in 2017. It seems Honda will continue to milk its Brio platform for years to come.

Attachment 1268261

Source: SUV pic from IAB
If these pictures are to be believed than, the compact SUV based on the Brio looks like Brio has been force fed with lot of body boosters to fledge up in an oversized dinsaur egg

my personal opinion ! no offence to anybody including the manufacturer
Old 31st July 2014, 09:56   #44
BHPian

Well the supposed compact SUV is nothing but Brio with cladding. This is how Brio should have looked in the first place. And I don't think they could break many barriers with those interiors in India.

I cannot understand why they want to make a 'world entry' car when they already have the Brio
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 10:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Honda has shifted its focus from offering premium vehicles in India to products catering to the mass market. Recently, the company launched the Mobilio - a people carrier, making it Honda's fourth car in the sub 10 lakh rupees category, after the Brio, Amaze and City, with the CR-V being the company's only premium offering in India.

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks