Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 09:36   #211
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Not sure if I can hold out till mid next year, any other suggestion Himanshu?
Me in the same boat. Have been waiting from July. First they said Diwali, then mid-November and now Mid-2015. I have doubts if they will make it Diwali of next year.

I am going with the current model. The only thing which interested me was the Harman ICE (confirmed update) and i was hoping if they added or even add option to add airbag in EX. VX pricing is simply awful
Old 1st November 2014, 11:08   #212
BHPian

I have been holding back since july too. The only updates i was interested in were 1. Doing away with the still-present rattles and 2. slight possibility of airbag inclusion in the mid variant. Mid 2015 is like testing our patience. TATA should keep up with the competition and adopt a bit more aggressive approach in their launch timings. They have a much better management, a very potent JLR association and some wonderful products like Storme , Zest in hand. But a poor marketing , unwarranted delays and a questionable /inconsistent quality of ASS are killing the company. I know a safari lover will only buy a safari, being a cult vehicle and that probably gives TATA a laid-back CUSHION. :(
Old 1st November 2014, 11:24   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I seriously wish they are a little faster. By mid-2015, the new Scorpio will have firmly established itself and Tata Motors will have its work cut out trying to catch up.

Same thing with the Bolt. Why the damned delay? It should have been launched in the festive season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I feel, the more than "refreshed" Scorpio that has recently been launched, has made the TATA delay the Storme re-launch and gone back to the drawing board to make additional changes required to take on the Scorpio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
This time they need to deliver a better Storme at a VFM price. Their task is cut out but they are too slow.
Totally agree. The Storme has suffered because of the delays it has faced right from the beginning when it was introduced. Tata Motors has been too slow, and my worry is that they have not learnt from the past in the case of this product; they are still slow and missing the bus. It is not as if the SUV team has been working on more than 3 products at one time. Its actually the Storme and the proposed Rexton, is'nt it?

The good part is that they are revamping the interiors. Hope they can make it as European as the Zest.

On a side note, I too had expected them to launch the Bolt in the festive season, once the Zest was launched earlier this year. It would have put them head to head with the new Swift, the Punto Evo, the Elite i20, all of whom have been relatively recently launched. With some of these products raising the bar, Tata Motors has to keep playing catch up, which is never a sustainable strategy in the long run.
PVPal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:37   #214

Bringing a slight ray of hope amidst this darkness is the news coming from Overdrive India. According to them, 'Tata Motors is expected to launch the new Safari Storme within the first half of 2015'.
Details are mostly the same as shared on this thread.

Tatas have missed the Diwali festive season and i hope they have a good reason for the same. I can only pray that the upcoming model wouldn't have the niggles and rattles like that of the outgoing one. Higher level of refinement expected!

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/facelifted-...rly-next-year/
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:48   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

I feel, the more than "refreshed" Scorpio that has recently been launched, has made the TATA delay the Storme re-launch and gone back to the drawing board to make additional changes required to take on the Scorpio.
If I remember right, Tata had delayed the launch of the Storme by many months owing to the XUV-500 launch. Back then we hoped, Tata had gone back to the drawing room to bring out something at least remotely contemporary. BUT they launched the Storme exactly as seen in the "scoop" pics, without a single improvement in any department. Only delayed by some months. The layman wouldn't even realize it's an all new car, not a refresh.

I don't think Tata will react in any manner whatsoever to the Scorpio launch.
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

I really doubt the interiors would be a leap ahead similar to the Vista to Zest one. Pls note that the Storme interiors were all new when launched. Across the Aria + Storme platform Tata is hardly doing 1000 units per month and hardly 2 yrs since the Storme was launched. Even by Honda standards a mid year face lift ( which typically is some small changes externally ) is around a year away. So expecting a refreshed Storme with different interiors etc is IMO wishful thinking on our part. This thread is heading no where. People who are really in need of a vehicle should take a decision now and capitalise on the year end discounts.
narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
People who are really in need of a vehicle should take a decision now and capitalise on the year end discounts.
Absolutely. I do sincerely hope that someone in Tata is thinking this through, because on the outside (for people like me) it makes little sense. I hope they have a solid plan given this delay. After all this, if they come out with a new ICE and a few cosmetic changes then we can all go

I am certain beyond resonable doubt that I cannot wait till mid-2015, given that even this date continues to be a gamble. Narayan is right; maybe I should start scouting and take advantage of the year end discounts.

Not sure whether the current Storme will fare well with the other decision makers (read: wife & kids) after seeing the XUV. Let's see how things go.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:47   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Pushing it back even further!! Earlier they had said Q1 2015.
Not sure if I can hold out till mid next year, any other suggestion Himanshu?
Jatin,

three options IMHO

Go for the Storme today- you will get great deals so financially it will be a viable prospect. go fo the EX version and get after market alloys. EX is the most VFM version. Interms of drive and engineering, you will find it vastly improved over your Dicor EX- but it will be breft of equipment so you will have to look at aftermarket options. The current available discount should take care of that though.

Option two- wait for the Ford Endeavour. Global unveil in Nove end and india launch in Jan 2015. It will undercut the Fortuner for the 2.2L 4x2 (yes, the new endy will have an all new 2.2 L engine instead of the current ancient 2.5L unit). Toyota is anticipated to counter that by launching a 2.5L fortuner that will be about 1L cheaper than the current 3L. But all these cars will be upwards of 22L. so you need to figure that into your calculations.

Option three- Buy the Ertiga (zxi version). Since you need a people mover primarily, i feel this is a viable option for you. You will need to do some mental re-adjustment though
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:10   #219
Team-BHP Support

One question. Why did TML did not launch the Storme from day 1 with the improved Aria's engine which was available to them?

If my Scorpio does not arrive on time, I might think about a 4X4 Storme.
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:02   #220
BHPian

According to the Autocar scoop,New Safari Dicor will be offered around April-May.It will come with new grill resembling range rovers and will be powered by the new Aria engine.It will have new interiors and will come with Front facing last row seats.No news regarding New Storme !
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:20   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsmatter View Post
According to the Autocar scoop,New Safari Dicor will be offered around April-May.It will come with new grill resembling range rovers and will be powered by the new Aria engine.It will have new interiors and will come with Front facing last row seats.No news regarding New Storme !
Woah! I am sure no one saw THAT coming . New Dicor? And here, we were thinking it will eventually be phased out.

Something is not right. No test mules of Dicor seen - only Stormes. Even in the plant - we did not come across a single disguised Dicor but saw multiple disguised Stormes.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:16   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsmatter View Post
Now wait a minute. I am not sure I understand TML's logic here. If the Storme is the next version of the Dicor and the Storme is their flagship SUV then what sense does it make to launch a Dicor with a new engine? Shouldn't the Storme come with the new engine?

So the older version of the Safari will have a more updated and powerful engine than the newer version of the Safari.

Are you sure its the Safari Dicor and not the Safari Storme?

Last edited by ptushar : 3rd November 2014 at 16:16. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:45   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Woah! I am sure no one saw THAT coming . New Dicor? And here, we were thinking it will eventually be phased out.

Something is not right. No test mules of Dicor seen - only Stormes. Even in the plant - we did not come across a single disguised Dicor but saw multiple disguised Stormes.
If you add the Storme front end to the Dicor, no one can make out that it is a Dicor or a Storme.. Just saying if TATA wanted to make a Dicor to a Storme, it is not a big task
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:52   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
If you add the Storme front end to the Dicor, no one can make out that it is a Dicor or a Storme.. Just saying if TATA wanted to make a Dicor to a Storme, it is not a big task
Umm.. didn't they already do that? Make a Storme out of the Dicor?
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:04   #225
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it's just a typo. They meant storme but wrote dicor
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks