Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:58   #406
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Anyone with some insider info regarding the new Storme is requested to share it with us. The lure of a front facing 3rd row is too hard to resist.
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:38   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirdayitantrik View Post
Anyone with some insider info regarding the new Storme is requested to share it with us. The lure of a front facing 3rd row is too hard to resist.
I doubt it, nirdayitantrik.

TATA have just shown the HEXA Concept SUV at the Geneva Motor Show today (details on another thread), which they are calling a SUV ... and it has 3 rows of seats, with the 3rd row front facing.

Somehow, I doubt they would have 2 very similar-sized / similar configuration SUVs in their portfolio.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 3rd March 2015, 22:06   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
I doubt it, nirdayitantrik.

TATA have just shown the HEXA Concept SUV at the Geneva Motor Show today (details on another thread), which they are calling a SUV ... and it has 3 rows of seats, with the 3rd row front facing.

Somehow, I doubt they would have 2 very similar-sized / similar configuration SUVs in their portfolio.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
I disagree with the HEXA being called as an SUV (as if my disagreement is going to have any impact). Unless TATA wants to capture specifically the MUV market that it had so gloriously lost with the ARIA, this vehicle might not be the flag bearer which it is being projected as. I doubt if TATA would rule out a comprehensively or even a marginally face lifted Storme, which has withstood the vagaries of time and the Indian consumer's zeal for it.
Old 4th March 2015, 03:05   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirdayitantrik View Post
If you are only looking at front facing 3rd row, then I suggest going for the current model as its almost sure that the seating configuration will stay the same. A veteran member confirmed the same after seeing the face lifted model in flesh. Only HU has been accommodated in the dashboard. The front chrome strip has STORME embossed in black now. Front grill is new and looks very range roverish. Bhp hike is in the news too, thought not confirmed. Check out his post in this same thread a couple of pages before.
Old 7th March 2015, 10:13   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
I have no clue Pal. The Tata Employee has seen it but wont disclose anything except that its coming before Diwali and its not the Aria Redesigned thing. He said it will be a completely new car,
Given their track record, it will probably come after diwali and will certainly be a redesigned Aria.

Afterall they overshot Bolt/Zest launch targets and claimed they were "all new" and not evolutions of Vista .
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 11:02   #411
BHPian

Whats wrong with Bolt/Zest ? why are they not to be called "All new" ? Seems like its just the prejudice that TATA is not accepted by Indians, very pathetic :(
Old 7th March 2015, 22:17   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Whats wrong with Bolt/Zest ? why are they not to be called "All new" ? Seems like its just the prejudice that TATA is not accepted by Indians, very pathetic :(
While the Zest will make a cut with that statement, for Bolt, ONLY TATA employees (and then some ) will believe the "All new" phrase. Not a single person who has seen the Indica will bother to call the Bolt, "All new". TATA has made great progress in the space, but the similarities and cues are way too high to dismiss all the claims.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 05:04   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Off-topic:

While the Zest will make a cut with that statement, for Bolt, ONLY TATA employees (and then some ) will believe the "All new" phrase. Not a single person who has seen the Indica will bother to call the Bolt, "All new". TATA has made great progress in the space, but the similarities and cues are way too high to dismiss all the claims.
as well

Haha....very true!!

Tata must have though that if the entire suzuki corporation can live on the principle of selling recycled decade old platforms in India to lacs of unsuspecting Indians, maybe they should give it a go as well!!

Someday when people in India do wake up and smell the coffee it will be interesting to see how companies that are so heavily dependent on the Indian car market will survive.
Old 8th March 2015, 06:16   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
While the Zest will make a cut with that statement, for Bolt, ONLY TATA employees (and then some ) will believe the "All new" phrase.
I think you misunderstood Tata's intentions. They are referring to "All New" name and not car.
Old 11th March 2015, 12:30   #415
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Much has been already spoken about the upcoming Safari Storme. It does feature the 2.2 Varicor engine producing 160 bhp, a 6-speed manual tranny and a single-DIN system with steering mounted controls.

On the exterior, the changes are minor with Land Rover styled grille and front bumper, "Storme" mentioned in black over the front chrome strip.

An automatic version is under test but not sure whether it is for the domestic version or international markets.

No front-facing last row seats though !

I have a picture of the new Storme that I spotted in Pune roads with a "Varicor 400" badge on the front fender. Will share it in a while.

No news of a low-spec 4x4 too.
//M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 20:38   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Much has been already spoken about the upcoming Safari Storme. It does feature the 2.2 Varicor engine producing 160 bhp, a 6-speed manual tranny and a single-DIN system with steering mounted controls.

On the exterior, the changes are minor with Land Rover styled grille and front bumper, "Storme" mentioned in black over the front chrome strip.

An automatic version is under test but not sure whether it is for the domestic version or international markets.

No front-facing last row seats though !

I have a picture of the new Storme that I spotted in Pune roads with a "Varicor 400" badge on the front fender. Will share it in a while.

No news of a low-spec 4x4 too.
Single din yet again?? They could not come up with a decent enough 2 Din, let alone a touchscreen ? 6th gear does sound bliss for highways though. Any pointers if they done something with the last side facing seats? I being only 5'9 tall couldn't keep my neck straight. Can lower the seat base. Keeping the knees up is at least easier than a twisted neck. I feel disappointed after having to wait almost a year for 'this'
Old 11th March 2015, 22:28   #417
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

These are the only two pics I could get.

Note the Varicor 400 badge on the front fender.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150305_083559004.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150305_083556305.jpg  

//M is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 22:43   #418
BHPian

Even I am perplexed with the absence of a front facing 3rd row, despite the European version having the desired setup!! I am yet to ascertain what has gone wrong with their design. This is very frustrating
Old 13th March 2015, 13:41   #419
BHPian

I can live with the single din stereo if indeed 160 bhp, 400 NM is going to be on offer! Now only if we could get a fix on the date...
Old 13th March 2015, 17:11   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
I can live with the single din stereo if indeed 160 bhp, 400 NM is going to be on offer! Now only if we could get a fix on the date...
If you are so inclined to higher bhp numbers, why not go for the current Storme or Dicor and get the dieseltronics box installed? In the P3 mode, the output is about 170-180bhp and torque too is in the higher 40 numbers. The box costs approximately 20-25 thousand and is plug and play. Its cheaper than a new Storme with revised pricing.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed