Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 17:58   #421
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
If you are so inclined to higher bhp numbers, why not go for the current Storme or Dicor and get the dieseltronics box installed? In the P3 mode, the output is about 170-180bhp and torque too is in the higher 40 numbers. The box costs approximately 20-25 thousand and is plug and play. Its cheaper than a new Storme with revised pricing.
Thanks! I will do some reading up about it. Although, I have to confess, I am a bit wary of a tuning box over a manufacturer given uplift. I just feel a bit more assured with the latter. Having said that, I will definitely read up about Dieseltronic.
Old 14th March 2015, 15:33   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
.......No news of a low-spec 4x4 too.
Irrespective of the increased BHP figure, this is a shocker! I was under the impression they were going to offer the 4wd on entry level model also! No wonder the Scorpio s4+ 4wd is going to be sold even more..
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 01:57   #423
BHPian

Might end up going for scorpio NG or may be XUV w6 as this wait is proving to be futile. The end of first quarter prediction doesn't seem true either. A total disappointment, especially when we don't even know if the wait would be worth it or not. I can give the front facing third row or even a touchscreen system a miss, but hoping (against hope) for at least 2 airbags in EX.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 13:24   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Irrespective of the increased BHP figure, this is a shocker! I was under the impression they were going to offer the 4wd on entry level model also! No wonder the Scorpio s4+ 4wd is going to be sold even more..
+1. I have been seeing a lot of LX 4x4, S4+ 4x4 these days. It remains the only family friendly tourer and occassional off roader. Don't understand why are they letting M&M have a field day in this segment with the Scorpio.

Funny thing is, TML used to offer 4x4 from mid variant up in the Dicor. Infact, at some point they were even offering it in the LX (3L version) - remember seeing 2 such pieces in ~2005/6.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 16:50   #425
BHPian

They are totally crushing a niche brand which has the prowess to hold its own even a decade down the line, provided it gets the respect it very much deserves from TM. Looks like the decision takers in TMIL are on the pay roll of competitors
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 22:59   #426
BHPian

I don't think that Tata Motors is going to deliver any time soon.
On the other hand, i do not have enough money to purchase even a bicycle as of now, which is somehow liberating. So I will continue salivating at the ownership experiences of you guys and be happy. Cheers to a miserable life.
nirdayitantrik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:16   #427
BHPian

Hello. I just saw this Safari a few days back. It was new, and even the plastic was not off the seats. And something caught my eye - telling me that this is not a regular safari.

On a bit more probing look, I realized the difference was the seats. This one had a third row front facing seats. The vehicle looked brand new, hence posting here.

Request to Mods to please shift it to the relevant thread if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-20150311-17.46.36.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-20150311-17.45.20.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-20150311-17.45.38.jpg  

an_and is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:36   #428
Senior - BHPian

@an_and: that looks like an old Safari. Paint looks quite aged. Maybe it was a custom mod.
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:24   #429
BHPian

Agreed, it looks like an after market modification. But the thing that caught my eyes is the way those 3rd row seats look, almost as if they are factory fitted. Maybe it is just the seat covers, but when I saw the size of the headrest, I got confused. One more thing is that I am intrigued as to how the seats might have been made practical/purposeful with the raised floor and small head space at the rear, which understandably would have been virtually set like a carpet in the particular vehicle. Or, maybe I need not go overboard with my over analysis and let that Safari owner live in peace.
Old 24th March 2015, 11:39   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I think this is how the 3rd row is in the export version. Remember seeing a similar image (with a rather large headrest) when Storme was close to launch - It was from some auto expo IIRC.
Old 28th March 2015, 16:20   #431
BHPian

Spotted a Storme with new grill and minimal camouflage on the front bumper on the nasik phata fly over and boy oh boy! Wasn't she flying away.

I was in the opposite direction about to take a U turn to go towards Pimple Saudagar , I did it quite quickly in my humble TCIC Safari but just couldnt keep up and she faded away on the horizon like a beautiful dream!
Old 28th March 2015, 18:56   #432
Senior - BHPian

I visited Tata Oberoi in Sector1 Noida last Sunday to have a look at the Storme along with my family. The Sales Consultant over there was sure that the New Storme would be launched by May. Well, Sales Consultants are usually not really well informed but this one seemed to be better than most others I have experienced at Automobile dealerships.

As per him, the new Storme would have a revised 2.2 litre engine, a different grill, front facing 3rd row as an option, revised ICE and better interiors. All these points are pretty consistent with what we have heard so far. May is not too far away, so the best thing to do is to wait a bit.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 20:02   #433
Senior - BHPian

What about the expected price cut? Any good news?
Old 28th March 2015, 21:05   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I visited Tata Oberoi in Sector1 Noida last Sunday to have a look at the Storme along with my family. The Sales Consultant over there was sure that the New Storme would be launched by May.
Tired of reading new dates for 'new' Storme every now and then. Even government managed infrastructure projects does not have so many revision in their deadlines. TATA has played so much on launch dates of Storme that I am already feeling its age.

Personally, I do not want to read about another launch date unless it is from TATA.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 22:21   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I visited Tata Oberoi in Sector1 Noida last Sunday to have a look at the Storme along with my family. The Sales Consultant over there was sure that the New Storme would be launched by May.

That's good news!
Safari is and will always be my first love among SUVs. Now that the Punto has done 70K km, I am looking to change/buy a new one retaining it, once it reaches 100K and hopefully by then, the safari would be launched and all the issues found in ones manufactured in the first few lots would be fixed. Just hoping that it'll be priced competitively and they don't do another aria out of it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks