Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:38   #451
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Here's what I got from IndianAutosBlog (http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/t...#ixzz3W2LXrhWf )

"According to a report on AutoPortal, Tata Motors will introduce the Safari Storme facelift in the second week of this month.
Excellent news, hoping against hope they dont miss this date. In fact Auto Portal is saying 9th April - thats just a week from now!
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:02   #452
BHPian

And curiously, I see the display Stormes missing at both TAMO dealerships en-route my workplace.
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:56   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
And curiously, I see the display Stormes missing at both TAMO dealerships en-route my workplace.
Its not there in Oberoi motors, noida either. They say that they are procuring it on order to order basis as the facelift is about to be launched.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 22:43   #454
BHPian

Spoke to a dealer in HYD, he said that they have been told by TATA officially now that the launch is within this month.
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 13:13   #455
BHPian

This news article that I was reading claims that the facelift would be launched with options such as captain seats for the second row.

It even claims that an automatic variant is on the anvil!

If this happens, this would be my ultimate dream machine!

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/t...n-april-175197
Old 6th April 2015, 12:10   #456
Senior - BHPian

A big thank you to Neel Kirane for sharing these images with fellow enthusiasts!

Tata has been working on a facelift for the Safari Storme for several months now. Earlier spy shots caught the SUV sans camouflage and showcased updates like the honeycomb grille and a restyled front bumper. While the exterior shots have given us an idea of the new look, we now have fresh images of the interior.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-1safari.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-3safari.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-2safari.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 6th April 2015 at 12:11.
Tushar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 12:58   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
A big thank you to Neel Kirane for sharing these images with fellow enthusiasts!

Attachment 1357528
Thanks Neel. Looks about the same except for the centre console (two DIN setup) and the new Tata steering wheel. Wish they'd moved the Air Con controls down and the ICE unit up though as had been suggested earlier in this thread.

I liked the clean and classy dash they had in the Storme and looks like they fixed only what was absolutely broken, so a partial thumbs-up to the changes. Look at that humungous panel gap in the last pic though

Any pics of the last row (if it is a row), or are they still side-facing seats?

A recent Autocar comparo between the Storme and new Scorpio puts the Scorpio ahead because of the improved styling, engine (power to weight), and equipment list. They say that there isn't much to choose between the two in ride/handling, with the Safari riding better and the Scorpio handling better - mainly due to the 200kg weight disadvantage that the Storme carries. With the new chassis, why is the Storme still so heavy!?
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 13:16   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Look at that humungous panel gap in the last pic though
These are not the final production models, we will witness a marked change in the overall fit and finish of the facelift Storme.

TML has reduced suppliers / vendors to minimum and the quality controls have gone up. The quality has been beefed up by vendors as TML reviews vendor wise warranty claims and repeated failures of similar nature, poor final fit finish based on specific lots of supplies result in severe penalties.

I suggest wait for the final product and the customers won't regret.

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 6th April 2015 at 13:18.
i74js is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 16:04   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I suggest wait for the final product and the customers won't regret.

Cheers
I hope so i74js.

< Rant start > If putting a two-din CD player along with minor dashboard and bumper changes, TML has taken more than a year, I am not surprised they took a decade+ and still gave us old wine in new bottle. I am, frankly, not betting big on any new product upgrades and launches. Call it sour grapes or whatever. </Rant end>

Sorry to be but this is coming as a frustration from a frustrated (potential ??) Safari buyer and from someone who had a first crush on Safari when it was launched as a teen-ager.
Old 6th April 2015, 16:33   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
A recent Autocar comparo between the Storme and new Scorpio puts the Scorpio ahead because of the improved styling, engine (power to weight), and equipment list. They say that there isn't much to choose between the two in ride/handling, with the Safari riding better and the Scorpio handling better - mainly due to the 200kg weight disadvantage that the Storme carries. With the new chassis, why is the Storme still so heavy!?
Let me tell you one thing straight, that report was biased. The ride/Handling combo of Storme is better, but the new Scorpio has caught up, at least my 4WD has. It corners more flat than any Safari/Storme out there. Ride at speeds is evens. Low speed ride, the Safari/Storme has an edge, especially the rear wheel. It hops less than Scorpio.

Interiors and overall finesse, I will pick the Storme. I went ahead with the Scorpio because, this product is all new and I was looking to use it for some time. Storme was about to be updated, hence...

And most importantly, the ASC over here. It will win the award for being the worst.
Sheel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 16:39   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I hope so i74js.

< Rant start > If putting a two-din CD player along with minor dashboard and bumper changes, TML has taken more than a year, I am not surprised they took a decade+ and still gave us old wine in new bottle. I am, frankly, not betting big on any new product upgrades and launches. Call it sour grapes or whatever. </Rant end>
I agree with you. You need to also see what kinds of recoveries they have made after making use of their wisdom by introducing all new products.

- Nano
- Zest
- Bolt
- Aria

- Revetron Engine with 3 ECU modes / maps within the control of user

- Diesel AMT

Things are not falling in line for Tatas, death of their CEO was another blow to the turnaround work. None of their efforts (and I am sure many of them were whole hearted) has not returned required results.

I can just have sympathies for them as well for customers (on liking Tata products) but sea change in the existing product facelifts would not be possible; yes new product launches would be meeting expectations of buyers.

i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 16:39   #462
BHPian

Do I see two more smaller knobs below the AC knobs? Is that climate control?
Old 6th April 2015, 17:26   #463
BANNED

And once again TATA has chosen factor over form, and seriously like that way of working (coming from a Scorpio owner)

Newer beefier steering wheel will be good to hold and like everyone said here, the 2Din could have been moved upward. But if it could have, maybe they would have. I guess it needs some seriously painstaking engineering to work around the AC ducts.

I can easily look beyond the third picture panel gap, because it's sporting the mouth watering 400 nomenclature. Guess the 400nm, 160bhp engine rumours have come true.

Loving it 😊
Old 6th April 2015, 18:41   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Do I see two more smaller knobs below the AC knobs? Is that climate control?
Oh it looks like the integrated Harman System and not climate control

And I also see that perhaps the Charging point/Cigratte Lighter has been moved to front side

Last edited by rajismine : 6th April 2015 at 18:43.
Old 7th April 2015, 00:41   #465
BHPian

Thanks Tata,

I guess I will just have to wait it out for the NEXT (HorizoNext) Safari / Storme - whenever that is
2017? Q501 / Q502 ?

OR ... Seriously ... Just give me an optional Ladakh Edition (AuotExpo 2014) - I will gladly pay for it right away.

Till then I will stick to my Manza (50k kms on the odo) which is doing beautifully well.

You just lost a potential customer.

Screw up the Kite and you will loose 2 more from my family.

What is it with Tata?

If they get the product right, they get the pricing wrong.
If the product & pricing is right, they get the marketing wrong.

How is that Hyundai always manages to get things right and Tata, even with their best efforts, always manages to mess up something despite change in management?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks