Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 14:03   #61
pkb

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
They are out on a public road, I believe we are in rights to make a video or take a picture. And we aren't doing something illegal or against the law.

Can you please describe what you saw here?
Well, two white colour Mahindra Scorpio on either side of Mumbai Nashik Highway. I was following the vehicle from Ambad MIDC. The driver stopped to pee and I got a good opportunity to get close to the vehicle. I could see revised headlamps, projector beams included. Could not really see the grill as it was camouflaged.
Interiors: revised stearing wheel with controls mounted on it.
Overall the side profile looked same as the current scorpio. Changes seem mostly conmetic.
Pity I didnt get a better look and also was made to delete the pictures and video of the test mule.
Old 25th August 2014, 14:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

To break the monotony of the rear hatch, TATA can surely modify the skin of the hatch door, keeping the frame intact, thereby giving the Storme a more modern and curved profile ?? with split tailgate ?
Old 25th August 2014, 14:27   #63
Team-BHP Support

Fixing the wrong problem, again. I'm not sure anyone is rejecting the Storme because it's lacking a honeycomb grill or a back-door mounted spare or a Land Rover rip-off front face.

Fit & finish of components and day-to-day reliability is what's plaguing a lot of Tata vehicles, and no redesigned 'whatever' is going to fix that.

What Safari needs is a bit of 'Zest' treatment. Take off the badges and a lot of people won't recognize the interior being a Tata's.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 17:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Fixing the wrong problem, again. I'm not sure anyone is rejecting the Storme because it's lacking a honeycomb grill or a back-door mounted spare or a Land Rover rip-off front face.

Fit & finish of components and day-to-day reliability is what's plaguing a lot of Tata vehicles, and no redesigned 'whatever' is going to fix that.

I presume you own a Storme and have experienced these day-to day reliablity and fit and finish issues.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 17:47   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I presume you own a Storme and have experienced these day-to day reliablity and fit and finish issues.
Not sure if you took offense to my post above.

One, ownership is not a criteria for commenting about a vehicle on this forum, the last I checked the rules section. I own a Hyundai and a Ford is in the family.

Two, the fit, finish and niggling issues are well documented for Tata cars, not just the Safari. And I didn't specifically mention Storme as badly put together either, the issue has been brand-wide in the past. I have traveled in and driven several Tata cars (including the rattly Indica cab when my office cabbie was falling asleep at the wheel one night). There's a reason Tata's personal car business has been struggling, though I think the Zest/Bolt will set them on a path to redemption if they improve A.S.S.

Three, I finished my post by saying Tata should do to the Storme what they did with the Vista to create Zest/Bolt. Now that's a well put together vehicle on the inside, and it's a Tata. So there's proof that they're capable of it. Why not give Storme the same treatment instead of superficial cosmetic upgrades that don't add any value (I'm not referring to the engine upgrade here.)?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th August 2014 at 17:53.
Old 25th August 2014, 19:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Not sure if you took offense to my post above.

One, ownership is not a criteria for commenting about a vehicle on this forum, the last I checked the rules section. I own a Hyundai and a Ford is in the family................
I have a slightly different point of view here. Tata acknowledges their follies and are trying to make amends. Storme as a product is a fantastic one but the poor QC and probably the after-sales let them down. Now what Tata is doing is trying to get the product put well together.

However, if they advertise that the Storme is well put together now, that would lead to a lot of speculation about the ones that already sold and the brand on the whole. So what to expect from these face lift - a vehicle very well put together and marketed as a facelift with a grill job etc. It would be wonderful if they plonked the 150ps engine on it.

I am saying this out of experience. I have seen the older Aria and have bought a new Aria (trading in my Innova). Fit and finish and part quality are top notch.

Last edited by GTO : 4th September 2014 at 12:30. Reason: Storme (not Strome) :)
Shiwik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:31   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
I have a slightly different point of view here.
I like what Tata have done with their new small cars, and can only hope they take the same approach to all their offerings. Their products have always been competent, but poor quality control and unsatisfactory A. S. S. have seen them fall rapidly down the pecking order in an age where a customer is spoilt for choice. The Storme couldn't recreate the Safari magic because it neither had the charm of its predecessor, nor was it a leap forward enough to have its own distinct identity.

I was very impressed with the Aria at launch, but Tata somehow managed to position it horribly wrong. Doesn't take away from the product itself though. Your ownership experience is testimony to that.

I like where Tata is going. It's upto them to recreate and retain customer confidence. Well begun, but a
long way to go yet.
Old 26th August 2014, 01:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Any details of the pricing? Will it be too expensive? Esp with the Hartman music system.
Old 27th August 2014, 18:22   #69
BHPian

Tata dealers are tight lipped when it comes to questions on Facelift. If the carwale pics are to be believed the 3rd row front facing seating looks good

http://www.carwale.com/news/14039-ta...d-testing.html
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 18:51   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Tata dealers are tight lipped when it comes to questions on Facelift. If the carwale pics are to be believed the 3rd row front facing seating looks good

http://www.carwale.com/news/14039-ta...d-testing.html
As much as i would love an 8 seater Storme (Aria?) , don't think the cartoq pic is worth believing.
1. It's clearly photoshopped the 2nd rows and
2. The Safari simply doesn't have the space to put a comfortable 3rd row in the back i believe.
Old 27th August 2014, 19:21   #71
BHPian

As far as I know the Safari Storme front facing last row will be like the attached pic. I saved it some time ago when they displayed it in some other country. don't remember.

have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-tatasafaristormeginebra2012008.jpg  

ajnagpur is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 22:47   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
As far as I know the Safari Storme front facing last row will be like the attached pic. I saved it some time ago when they displayed it in some other country. don't remember.

have a look.

Oh well! That's sad. For starters the headrest seems like an alien head. Secondly, who is expected to sit on that low lying seat?

Sincerely hope this is not what we are getting. However, I would love to see a 2+2+3 set up on the Storme. Somehow I am biased towards this setup because the people feel more a part of the cabin than a bench of 3 people sitting in front of them
Old 28th August 2014, 02:13   #73
BHPian

Just came across this thread- i had given up on the storme because of its side facing seats!!
Is the news of the front facing 3rd row seats confirmed or just a wishlist or speculation??
If anywhere near confirmed i shall have to put taking delivery of my ertiga on hold!
Old 28th August 2014, 08:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

I think people looking to seat 7+ passengers should buy a MUV and not a SUV.

3rd row of seats in a SUV, most of the time are just for the kids and not for adults.

The likes of Fortuner, Safari, Scorpio, Santa Fe etc are more of 5 seater with extra 3rd row for kids.

LC, Prado etc have more space in the 3rd compared to the above mentioned vehicles.

Perfect example of this is 2014 Santa Fe SWB and LWB, where the SWB is being sold in India with a cramped 3rd row and the LWB has more leg space and a genuine 7seater is not sold in India.

I have always taken Fortuner/Safari as a genuine 5 seaters with just enough space in 3rd row for kids.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 11:40   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I think people looking to seat 7+ passengers should buy a MUV and not a SUV.
Agreed, if you want a 7 adult mover- but i for one like the SUV look and like a lot of others the 3rd row is primarily meant for children (for families with older parents and young kids) and i think the sales figures of the XUV500 (MUV looking like an SUV) really reflects this desire.
I am not an off roading enthusiast (which i suspect is the situation of the majority of SUV owners-purely my opinion!!) and a significant number of SUV sales happen for the "macho" look and feel of the vehicle (may explain why the safari is soooo popular in Punjab and Haryana!)
For me the Storme with a front facing 3rd row would be perfect (don't like the XUV) but after speaking to the Concorde motors sales rep i am disappointed.He reckons it will be nearly a year before a new launch- apparently Tata will do the Bolt/Zest and Nano first.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th August 2014 at 11:46. Reason: fixing quote
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks