Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 19:35   #106
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The biggest change that I see, that would be welcomed is front facing 3rd row seats. This would mean, last two passengers get access to "seat belts" and are not tossed around. Also, getting in and out would be less cumbersome.
About the getting in/out part -- how would one access the last seat? Will the 2nd seat have a collapsible system like in the Innova or would the back door be used somehow to get in? Given the height of the vehicle both options may be a bit tricky.
Old 7th October 2014, 19:44   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post

About the getting in/out part -- how would one access the last seat? Will the 2nd seat have a collapsible system like in the Innova or would the back door be used somehow to get in? Given the height of the vehicle both options may be a bit tricky.
It'll be a collapsible system of the second row seats, may be giving a 60:40 split seats.

Using the rear door isn't possible.

Anurag.
Old 7th October 2014, 20:46   #108
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Just back from a 1700km round trip over the last 3 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Back from Karwar trip just yesterday. 1400 kms munched during the trip over 4 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
I returned from 2400 km trip of Jaldapara reserve forest and Bhutan.
I envy each one of you for enjoying your Storme

I have been waiting for the refresh which was rumored to be launched during festive season. I was looking forward to the HARMAN ICE and secretly wishing if they added airbags across variants. Now with Dussehra gone and Diwali around the corner, i think TML missed the bus. To add to that my company deciding whether they want to have me posted in Chennai or move to Bangalore, and the brutal KA RTO agonizing non-KA cars didnt help me either.

Now i need a suggestion/Advice. Should i wait for the new year and try to get deeper discounts on a Nov-Dec 2014 manufactured car? By then the refresh may also be a reality and will push the prices of existing cars southward. Please guide me fellow bhp'ians. I will sort the moving to Bangalore thing by Mid-November.
Old 7th October 2014, 21:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I envy each one of you for enjoying your Storme

I have been waiting for the refresh which was rumored to be launched during festive season. I was looking forward to the HARMAN ICE and secretly wishing if they added airbags across variants. Now with Dussehra gone and Diwali around the corner, i think TML missed the bus. To add to that my company deciding whether they want to have me posted in Chennai or move to Bangalore, and the brutal KA RTO agonizing non-KA cars didnt help me either.

Now i need a suggestion/Advice. Should i wait for the new year and try to get deeper discounts on a Nov-Dec 2014 manufactured car? By then the refresh may also be a reality and will push the prices of existing cars southward. Please guide me fellow bhp'ians. I will sort the moving to Bangalore thing by Mid-November.
I would say wait and watch. IMO 6 months wait won't matter much if you have wait that long.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 22:09   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Besides the ones listed above, one more feature I would really like to see in the Storme is reclining middle row. This was not possible earlier as the side facing seats didn't allow it, but if they are going to front facing third row, then there will be space for reclining the middle row.
Old 7th October 2014, 22:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Besides the ones listed above, one more feature I would really like to see in the Storme is reclining middle row. This was not possible earlier as the side facing seats didn't allow it, but if they are going to front facing third row, then there will be space for reclining the middle row.
Should be possible if they pick the seats from Aria? Lets wait and see.

Hope its a Harmon unit from Aria again and that they also add the auto box they showcased recently ( its more powerful at 156bhp too ).
Old 7th October 2014, 23:11   #112
BHPian

Seems like someone important has woken up from his slumber in TATA MOTORS.

Team-BHP recently revealed that TML has reduced prices for Aria and now we're expecting an "updated" Storme with a price cut.

It will be interesting to see how TML pitches Storme and Aria against each other in terms of pricing and creature comforts on offer.

Much like Alonso & Hamilton as team-mates for McLaren in 2007
Old 7th October 2014, 23:40   #113
BHPian

The big question is: when will they launch? New scorpio with VFM pricing is out. We are in the middle of festive season already and its almost end of the year. We have been hearing these rumors for almost a year now.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 9th October 2014, 08:54   #114
Senior - BHPian

Tatas' are in the middle of turning around their business and certain delays are bound to happen.

They lost Karl and now roped in Deepak, in between Zest has been launched while people are waiting for diesel AMT Zest; Bolt is practically on the wait for launch which according to me is already late if I have to believe one of my friends who works for TML.

Refreshed Storme will be for the next year come what may Tatas' cannot afford buyers to wait for Zest now as there are compelling choices available in the market.

The queue as it seems now:

- Zest Diesel AMT
- Bolt Launch
- Refreshed Storme
- Refreshed / All new Aria
- Extension of Revetron Petrol Engine (Review and analysis of the performance data collected as part of zest petrol sale, the engine is based on Zeta CI block, a larger turbo charger will take the performance to next level, Tatas are working to make it to magical 100 horses from that engine)
- All new Nano (no plans to give up Mr. Ratan Tata's dream car - one of the main focus areas for Mr. Pareek to look at)
- 1 Launch every year

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 9th October 2014 at 08:55.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 10:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
T
The queue as it seems now:

- Zest Diesel AMT
- Bolt Launch
- Refreshed Storme
- Refreshed / All new Aria
- All new Nano (no plans to give up Mr. Ratan Tata's dream car - one of the main focus areas for Mr. Pareek to look at)
- 1 Launch every year
Cheers
In my opinion, the order will be
- Zest Diesel AMT
- Bolt Launch
>>>>Nano AMT With Openable Boot
- Refreshed Storme
>>>>Nexon CUV
>>>>SUV based on Grande/XENON platform
>>>>Kite
Old 9th October 2014, 10:35   #116
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I have been waiting for the refresh which was rumored to be launched during festive season. I was looking forward to the HARMAN ICE and secretly wishing if they added airbags across variants. Now with Dussehra gone and Diwali around the corner, i think TML missed the bus.

Now i need a suggestion/Advice. Should i wait for the new year
+1
Absolutely my scenario; except for the moving to Bangalore part.

I really really like the Storme's looks and the ride. But don't want to put in my money and then realise that a new Storme is on the road within a couple of months. But I must put some deadline to my wait and have hence decided that I will wait no longer than January of next year. If there is a launch by then or if there is compelling news that a new Storme is on the way then fine, else I will probably go for the XUV.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Yes the Storme is a sgement smaller than the xuv500 but most people consider the two before buying.

Hence if Tata pits the storme with an equivalent list of features at the same price, I see the storme picking up in sales

I still like the stormes design and comfort over the XUV500.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:43   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Weigh Reduciton

It maybe too late for this particular face lift, but Tata needs to seriously look into weight reduction as well. There is no reason for Kerb weight to be 200 kgs more than a Scorpio or Toyota Fortuner (with 3.0 liter engine & full time 4WD System, much bigger tyres, etc, etc..)
Old 9th October 2014, 13:56   #119
BHPian

Wish i could add this to my earlier post #105 instead of a new one. Tata Motors, please come up with something like this and see the perception of the Storme change.

Name:  1111.png
Views: 2225
Size:  172.7 KB
Old 9th October 2014, 14:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Wish i could add this to my earlier post #105 instead of a new one. Tata Motors, please come up with something like this and see the perception of the Storme change.

Attachment 1297210
That's a Fortuner Front End you used i Guess ! But in reality looks classy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks