Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 15:29   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Cartoq have managed scoop images of the Tata Safari Storme refresh with the honeycomb grille & revised bumper. Here is the link tp their report:

http://www.cartoq.com/tata-safari-st...ndia-spyshots/
Old 9th October 2014, 17:04   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Wish i could add this to my earlier post #105 instead of a new one. Tata Motors, please come up with something like this and see the perception of the Storme change.

Attachment 1297210
This is really cool - good job!

Guys, anyone knows the launch timelines - pls provide an update. My cousin is waiting on to make the call here. He will go with XUV if new Strome wont be launched by 31st Dec.
Old 10th October 2014, 03:49   #123
BHPian

It would be good if they change the alloy wheel design also. Somehow did not like any of their alloy designs on the Storme.
Old 10th October 2014, 08:27   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
He will go with XUV if new Strome wont be launched by 31st Dec.
From whatever I have read so far on this forum, 31st Dec seems quite unlikely. It will most probably be in the new year and that too is not confirmed. Moreover, not sure whether it makes sense for a company to launch a new model in December.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 23:30   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
From whatever I have read so far on this forum, 31st Dec seems quite unlikely.
I concur. It is highly unlikely that the refreshed model will see the light of day in 2014.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 19:35   #126
Senior - BHPian

A lot of people are waiting for the launch of the refreshed Storme, so that they can decide on the purchase of Storme or Scorpio.

The 17inch wheels of the Scorpio is a move which I would like to see TATA doing it to the Storme.
Old 11th October 2014, 22:14   #127
BHPian

Tata needs to offer 4x4 across all variants. This would make Storme LX 4x4 worthy proposition.
Old 12th October 2014, 10:22   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

I was at concorde pune yesterday, sitting in the cabin of the GM while they were getting my car ready after service (details in my vista long term thread). The GM clearly stated a "mild" facelift of the Storme is imminent. May not be huge changes. But front facing 3rd row is guaranteed. And they won't be the feared side folding low seats but will be proper forward tumbling seats. Fingers crossed on that.

I asked if the Storme will get the 150ps Aria engine...
The service GM didn't know -
1. Aria has a 150ps engine
2. Storme has the VariCor badged engine since launch! (Heck even the Movus has 140 VariCor)
Old 12th October 2014, 10:42   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Tata needs to offer 4x4 across all variants. This would make Storme LX 4x4 worthy proposition.
If that happens then the aspirational value for the top end version will be lost. And it will diminish the chances of people spending that extra just to go for a 4x4 and hence buy the top end variant. But a 4x4 option in one of the lower end variant will certainly help. Like Mahindra have done for the Scorpio S4.

Having said that, for a model which sells about 700 units a month, against the competition (read: Scorpio) which sells 5000+, I don't think conventional logic will work. In that sense offering 4x4 on every variant just might help.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 10:54   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I was at concorde pune yesterday, sitting in the cabin of the GM while they were getting my car ready after service (details in my vista long term thread). The GM clearly stated a "mild" facelift of the Storme is imminent. May not be huge changes. But front facing 3rd row is guaranteed. And they won't be the feared side folding low seats but will be proper forward tumbling seats. Fingers crossed on that.

Amen! 😁 did you happen to ask about the timeline too?
Old 12th October 2014, 11:45   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Amen! 😁 did you happen to ask about the timeline too?
He said "very very soon". No date. But the impression I got was that it really may be soon!!

And really...an EX 4X4 would be an outright winner. No better time for that. Duster awd is just out and with pricing out of the roof. There won't be a match to a Storme EX 4x4. If the 4x4 is offered, I won't even need a dash board, let alone ICE :-D. But he didn't mention anything about 4x4... I hope BD sir works his magic here...

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th October 2014 at 11:46.
Old 12th October 2014, 13:54   #132
BANNED

Scoop: Is an updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing?

Quote:
And really...an EX 4X4 would be an outright winner. No better time for that. Duster awd is just out and with pricing out of the roof. There won't be a match to a Storme EX 4x4. If the 4x4 is offered, I won't even need a dash board, let alone ICE :-D. But he didn't mention anything about 4x4... I hope BD sir works his magic here...

Am sure BD Sir is out there doing what he does best as we speak. A more affordable 4x4 is always welcome. Talking from the Mumbai perspective, the LX right now can be had for 11.5L and I am assuming another lakh will be added for the 4x4. Somehow, I feel the Storme can be priced 30/40k lesser than now and the 4x4 optional across the range (with airbags pease). This could be really wild and wishful thinking, but had a very tout realisation yesterday. It goes as follows;

For a person like me wanting to buy a high seating car for 12L OTR, the following is the dilemma;

a. Go with the Storme LX. But staying in Mumbai and the parking crunch (scratching head). Add to that it doesn't have a rear wiper (Mumbai rains you see). Add to that there are no airbags. I don't care about the DVD screen down at the bottom, I firmly believe you are not supposed to see it when you are driving any way.

b. In walks the Scorpio all embezzled. But the only option that comes close to the Storme is the S6, even that doesn't have airbags and ABS (an absolute must for me). Then I hear people ask me to go ahead with the S4 with 4x4. The God damn thing doesn't even have arm rest on the door pads. Do they expect me to drive with a 10-2 position all day? Still waiting on the promised "safety pack" across the range from Mahindra and their Scorpio presentation.

c. The W4 is a tad above the budget but doesn't inspire to spend in it considering the ICE upgrade issues and the tacky interior combination Added are the niggling issues that we all know of and the crashing into potholes ride.

d. Somehow Duster ticks most of the boxes in the 85ps Rxl Plus variant, but again the interior space is nowhere close the aforementioned.

Hence, i strongly feel Tata cannot get the updated Storme any sooner. Really keyed into this development and already in touch with my local dealer. Hope things work out well.

Last edited by methecupid : 12th October 2014 at 14:08.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:10   #133
BHPian

Quote:
He said "very very soon".
Reinhard, that sounds good. When I spoke to the Pandit auto sales guy in Aundh, he said that the focus is first to get the Bolt out and only after that the Storme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Really keyed into this development and already in touch with my local dealer.
methecupid, did he have any date / tentative month of the launch.

As months go by, I am more and more convinced that Tata will not launch it in 2014. Because somehow it does not make sense to launch in late November or in December. But they might try and offer some heavy discounts in December to help clear stocks for a launch in the new year.
Old 13th October 2014, 13:18   #134
Senior - BHPian

At a showroom in Bangalore, the test drive vehicles are sold and none are available. Does this mean anything?
Would a Safari with no rear hatch mounted spare wheel and now front facing seats still have character? The side facing seats are fun. Front facing seats, unless supremely comfortable, will be a compromise. Ok in a people mover.
Old 13th October 2014, 15:23   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Would a Safari with no rear hatch mounted spare wheel and now front facing seats still have character? The side facing seats are fun. Front facing seats, unless supremely comfortable, will be a compromise. Ok in a people mover.
IMO the Storme looks like much better packaged SUV in comparison to the DICOR and the front facing seats, if they are comfortable enough can any day outweigh the people tossing side facing seats, but then opinions do vary and to each his own.

But then the crux is that how much more time will the people be left in lurch and when will TATA come out with the much awaited so called UPDATED STORME
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks