Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 11:52   #16
BHPian

Cochin is probably choc-a bloc with guys who have loads of money, and want only new cars! A 3-year-old Ikon costs about 3.25 lakhs in Calicut-I know 2 friends who upgraded within the last 6 months or so!
Old 14th July 2006, 16:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Here we go with the generalizations again.....is this the only make/model that you have heard of a oil leak happening??? Or is the fan assembly likely to never get replaced? I know of one where the Fiesta had a major accident and the fan assembly was replaced so....what are we generalizing here?

How about this for a generalization that the Japs are not ahead lol
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...ce-center.html
Is it the Japs or Americans or Europeans or is it a local issue? Much like a tail pipe falling off a Civic test car wouldn't you say?
Suman,

No hard feelings. I have not said anything about the dealerships. What I meant was that the car should be initially trouble free. That is where the Japs are way ahead. And by Japs I mean their manufacturing techniques and QC. And whether it is in India or Thailand or Timbuktoo for all I know, the Japs will use their own unique manufacturing techniques. Dealers will always be dealers and whether they are Ford dealers or Honda dealers makes little difference. Customer service at the dealer level still leaves a lot to be desired.

I know four Fiesta owners. Two have mentioned problems without me asking them. The other two I would'nt bother to ask as I am not in the market for a new car and so it doesn't matter to me. I am only trying to say that if Ford is not careful, then instead of people going fida they'll be going "bye-bye" and the Fiesta will go the Ikon way. And by the way, I love Fords and would be disappointed if the Fiesta was not successful.
Old 14th July 2006, 16:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza
Suman,

No hard feelings. I have not said anything about the dealerships. What I meant was that the car should be initially trouble free. That is where the Japs are way ahead. And by Japs I mean their manufacturing techniques and QC. And whether it is in India or Thailand or Timbuktoo for all I know, the Japs will use their own unique manufacturing techniques. Dealers will always be dealers and whether they are Ford dealers or Honda dealers makes little difference. Customer service at the dealer level still leaves a lot to be desired.

I know four Fiesta owners. Two have mentioned problems without me asking them. The other two I would'nt bother to ask as I am not in the market for a new car and so it doesn't matter to me. I am only trying to say that if Ford is not careful, then instead of people going fida they'll be going "bye-bye" and the Fiesta will go the Ikon way. And by the way, I love Fords and would be disappointed if the Fiesta was not successful.
No hard feelings at all Floyd , its just that a lemon is a lemon is a lemon......and they are surfacing in all makes, be it a Ford or a Honda from quite a few of the reports we hear these days. Thats the point I'm making. I'm not sure the parent companies are being able to prevent "local" issues cropping up. I mean would you have believed you would hear things like "plasticky" etc to describe the Civic's power window switches? I certainly wouldn't have. But its happening....
Old 14th July 2006, 17:18   #19
BHPian

Fiesta is a "do or die" product for Ford. Either they will live with this or they will die. All of the other products for Ford are failures in India. If not failure they're not at all revenue earners for them.

Will the New Accent and a host of other Diesel Engines to be launched make it "die" situation rather than the "do" one?
Old 14th July 2006, 20:37   #20
BHPian

Fiesta is a good car.
The sole determinent of Fiesta's longevity will be its cost of spares. Address that and Ford has a market winner.

Last edited by Poseidon : 14th July 2006 at 20:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks