Team-BHP - The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/150581-maruti-s-cross-details-released-page-38-a-12.html)

Thank you Team-Bhp for the last few interesting posts. Lot of learning over this weekend like decoding export info clap:
S-cross is true cross over (50% Sedan + 50% SUV), unlike the Pseudo cross overs Etios/Polo (99% Hatch + 1% SUV). Fiat put decent efforts in Avventura, however that's not sufficient to call Punto a cross over. My only request to MSIL is not to plonk that boring 1.4 petrol or 1.3 MJD engines :Frustrati

We are going to see very interesting competition over next few months between Duster/Terrano, Ecosport, S Cross and ix25.

Quite a solid package it seems. Launched with the larger multijet motor and better build quality; please Maruti, don't skimp out on this car's sheet metal and structural rigidity :Frustrati this should definitely sell.

People ought to realize however, that the car is a premium product not meant to battle it out with the etios cross and ecosport, but meant to lock horns with cars like the Duster and the Yeti. Keep that in mind folks, before complaining about its price at launch :)

MSIL also needs to do something about the looks and styling of the car. It is plane boring and it will take quiet some doing to make people shel out 12 Lakhs or so for it. It needs to be head and shoulders above the SX4 with which it share its underpinnings. This segment will get crowded and Hyundai will let no stome unturned with the ix25. The success of the I20 Elite shows how exciting styling can translate into sales

I actually like the styling of the S-Cross; it is modern without being too predictable (fludic design) yet is also understated and inoffensive. Hard to come by such styling these days. The Renault Fluence is one of the few other cars that I can think of that plays such a game well

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 3607332)
Quite a solid package it seems. Launched with the larger multijet motor and better build quality; please Maruti, don't skimp out on this car's sheet metal and structural rigidity :Frustrati this should definitely sell.

People ought to realize however, that the car is a premium product not meant to battle it out with the etios cross and ecosport, but meant to lock horns with cars like the Duster and the Yeti. Keep that in mind folks, before complaining about its price at launch :)

Well while the Yeti has been a failure , the Duster has been getting good numbers. A lot of people in India demand a SUV that has "presence". The conventional looking Duster scores in this aspect while the S Cross is a Crossover, which is something the Indian Customers have not accepted to date. Moreover, if they price it high, people will start comaparing it to the XUV, The Safari and the Scorpio.

This car also reportedly has a GC of 170 mm which is in the sedan territory.

This will be a good alternative to duster since I feel its design is much boring and its interiors are also not so good. Just like how duster provides two engine options, MS is trying to do the same. But this shouldn't be compared to the cross versions of the hatch. They're plain horrible and are similar to the special editions launched by MS. Who will pay extra money for the cosmetic add ons? Sizewise its quite huge trust me and compared to the international version, the front and headlamps are tweaked to look better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3607467)
Sizewise its quite huge trust me and compared to the international version, the front and headlamps are tweaked to look better.

Yes it is quite a large car; like I said, a Yeti competitor. What do you mean by "tweaked" ? Any regulatory reasons for the changes in headlamp design?

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3607467)
This will be a good alternative to duster since I feel its design is much boring and its interiors are also not so good.

+100
S cross is definitely alternative for Duster/Terrano twins. Duster AWD RXZ 110PS costs north of 16L (on road price in Bangalore) but does not have climate control :deadhorse
S Cross will have much better interiors and equipment levels than Duster. I personally feel Duster design is too boring, no offense meant for owners. It will be interesting to see how Hyundai positions ix25 vs S cross. Competition between market leaders will be always interesting to watch.

Quote:

But this shouldn't be compared to the cross versions of the hatch. They're plain horrible and are similar to the special editions launched by MS. .
agree:

S Cross continues its testing with secured camouflage . So looks like a Jan -15 launch might not be there as speculated, more like a March 2015 launch is possible.
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-605582a2f35500026ddc882a6a252dd2.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-e1d0b463577622f289c124ad13e567d0.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-ebeb973f584f9561ab92895735429a20.jpg

http://autoportal.com/news/autoporta...gain-2792.html

Folks,
Today i have visited my nighberhood Maruti dealer and had a quick chat with sales guy about S cross launch date. He says "expected in march end or beginning of April". As per his knoweldge it will come with 1.4 petrol and 1.6 diesel engines.

Anything above 7.5L for the 1.4L VXi would be suicidal for SCross.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3613218)
S Cross continues its testing with secured camouflage . So looks like a Jan -15 launch might not be there as speculated, more like a March 2015 launch is possible.

Caught the same test mule on same stretch of road on same date! stupid:

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-fullsizerender.jpg.jpeg

News in MotorBeam is that S Cross launch is delayed to next fiscal, as Maruti is studying excise duty cut imapct. Also they might wait for the budget announcements. They seem to be working on localization to reduce cost.

Link to the news:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/01/car...t-fiscal-year/

Sorry peoples, this is more or less confirmed news. The S Cross or whatever MS is going to call it is only going to arrive in Diesel Avatar. No immediate plans for petrol engine it seems.

I hope S cross will have a 6 speed manual option mated with a more toquey 1.6L MJD. For highway cruises it would give more mileage at lesser RPM and hence lesser engine noise :).