Team-BHP - The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/150581-maruti-s-cross-details-released-page-38-a-53.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3747027)
Service though will be handled by existing Maruti dealers and MASSes.

This is a very good move by MSIL. I used to wonder what will happen to the "widespread service availability" advantage of MSIL if they go by separate showroom for premium brands. Basically you are going to visit the NEXA showroom to take home your new premium vehicle or say booking your new premium vehicle.

We all know that MSIL dealership are always busy with vehicle deliveries. Due to this customers taking delivery of expensive vehicle (10L+) will be lost in between group of people taking delivery of altos. So a separate premium dealership just to hand over the keys of expensive vehicles is a very well thought move clap:

Booking amount of 11K with full refund is a good step. (Unlike Hyundai demanding 1L for pre-booking Creta). This will ensure more footfall at NEXA

Finally booked my Scross today with Sai Nexa. :D
Delivery promise at the moment is about 6-8 weeks while pricing would be announced in couple of weeks.

Their showroom would be coming up soon near Sai Service's existing facility at Lower Parel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi99 (Post 3747155)
Delivery promise at the moment is about 6-8 weeks while pricing would be announced in couple of weeks.

Their showroom would be coming up soon near Sai Service's existing facility at Lower Parel.

Congratulations for booking the new crossover. How much did they ask as the booking amount??

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3747172)

Congratulations for booking the new crossover. How much did they ask as the booking amount??

Regards

I did speak to my dealer in Hyderabad where they were saying booking amount is 11K which is fully refundable. But the regular ones aren't accepting booking amount.

Pricing isn't yet disclosed (obviously), and I'm waiting, where I get to see a Nexa in Hyderabad to pounce into the showroom to experience the premium-ness way of dealing as compared to the regular Maruti Suzuki dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3747172)

Regards

Thanks Bud !
Booking amount was 11k ( fully refundable).

Quote:

Congratulations on being the first TBHP-ian to book the S Cross. Did the dealer reveal the launch date?
IMO, it will come with an aggressive price tag!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3747182)
Congratulations on being the first TBHP-ian to book the S Cross. Did the dealer reveal the launch date?
IMO, it will come with an aggressive price tag!

Sales Managed confirmed that pricing should be out by 16th (its not an official date yet), with delivery within 6-8 weeks. I did bug him a few times to confirm on the release date but he too pleaded ignorance.

This is a lost opportunity with so much value left on the table. The engine and the interiors are excellent. If only Suzuki had done half as much effort to make the external appearance attractive and macho, this would have been a dream vehicle. As such the front looks sleeping and droopy, the rounded edges make for a charecterless appearance and the rear is so unimaginative. Suzuki could have left behind their traditional boring looks and taken on a new edgy, modern and futuristic look and S Cross could have been an ideal platform to launch the new look Suzuki.

A major lost opportunity in my view. Hyundai did such a step change evolution a few years ago with the current Sonata going from one of the most boring to one of the best looking car families.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 3747193)
This is a lost opportunity with so much value left on the table. The engine and the interiors are excellent. If only Suzuki had done half as much effort to make the external appearance attractive and macho, this would have been a dream vehicle. As such the front looks sleeping and droopy, the rounded edges make for a charecterless appearance and the rear is so unimaginative. Suzuki could have left behind their traditional boring looks and taken on a new edgy, modern and futuristic look and S Cross could have been an ideal platform to launch the new look Suzuki. A major lost opportunity in my view. Hyundai did such a step change evolution a few years ago with the current Sonata going from one of the most boring to one of the best looking car families.

Hello 84.Monsoon, While I agree that the Ecosport and Creta look far SUVish and stylish, we should again and again remember that the S-Cross is exactly what it pretends to be - a Crossover.

The exterior design may not appeal to all, but I'm sure there are prospective buyers who appreciate a mature and slightly subdued, yet solid, no-nonsense look the S- Cross sports - I for one definitely do.

There are visible elements borrowed directly from the hatchback family, and this is no surprise whatsoever.

Absolutely no offense, just my 2 cents :)

I have stopped my c segment hunt for some time
Was waiting eagerly for the S cross. So there will be more waiting I suppose.

Seems like Maruti will price the 1.3 alpha a shade above the current ciaz zdi ie 12-12.2 lacs OTR (here) as they have already declared it a 'premium product'. And the mid 1.6 a shade below 13 lacs I think. The fully loaded alpha 1.6 would be 13.5-14 L on the road I suppose. That would throw the S cross out of my budget..:Shockked:

Perhaps good time for some discounts on the Duster 110 or the Ecosport

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandygordon (Post 3747270)
I have stopped my c segment hunt for some time
Was waiting eagerly for the S cross. So there will be more waiting I suppose.

Seems like Maruti will price the 1.3 alpha a shade above the current ciaz zdi ie 12-12.2 lacs OTR (here) as they have already declared it a 'premium product'. And the mid 1.6 a shade below 13 lacs I think. The fully loaded alpha 1.6 would be 13.5-14 L on the road I suppose. That would throw the S cross out of my budget..:Shockked:

Perhaps good time for some discounts on the Duster 110 or the Ecosport

With the fully loaded Creta 1.6 SX(o) expected at around 11.5 lakh (speculated), S-Cross won't have a future at anywhere close to those prices IMHO.

I strongly believe Maruti has to target the top end Jazz with the 1.3 diesel and Ecosport with the 1.6 diesel. S-Cross doesn't have the market potential to take the Creta head on. Again, it's purely my opinion on the market.

Maruti prices their products well, except for the CBU stuff. So hopefully, they are taking note of the competition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3747374)

I strongly believe Maruti has to target the top end Jazz with the 1.3 diesel.

If they do that, it will hit Jazz very hard IMO. S-cross has even more space than Jazz and is one-size plus. With Maruti's unmatched after-sales, Honda will struggle to sell their noisy 1.5 diesels, even though they are more powerful and fuel-efficient.

Quote:

Congrats on the booking. Which variant and what colour did you choose?

More finer details of S Cross,
Source:http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...photo-gallery/

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture1.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture3.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture4.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-5.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture6.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-7.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-8.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-9.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-11.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-13.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-14.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-15.jpg

A detailed, in-depth insight into the Suzuki S-Cross has been posted by Motoroids. Some excerpts:

Quote:

The interiors are quite well appointed, and feature an all black theme with brushed silver inserts on the steering wheel, center console and door panels. Most part of the dashboard is wrapped in a soft touch material that radiates class, while the piano black trimmed, hexagonal center console houses Maruti’s Smart Play infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen, navigation, smartphone and Bluetooth connectivity, along with six speakers. The screen also doubles up to display rear parking camera feed.

Switches and knobs for the climate control are finished nicely, and levels of quality all around are unlike any other Maruti on offer, apart from the stalks and power window buttons, which have been lifted from the parts bin of existing models.

Both front and rear seats are accommodating as well as nicely bolstered. Higher variants come with black leather upholstered seats with white contrast stitching. Seating comfort is unquestionably good, both at the front and at the back. The manually adjustable front seats are also designed rather well, and offer excellent support too, both lumbar and lower back, along with decent under thigh support.

On paper then, the S-Cross 1.6 makes the same amount of torque as the Tata Safari Storme! Performance is brisk, and the long-legged motor endows 1275 Kilograms of S-Cross to reach three digit speeds with utmost ease. But as with most mass market turbocharged diesel engines, there’s some lag. Below 1800 revolutions, performance is lazy, but once the tachometer needle moves beyond, all of Safari rivaling 320 Nm of twist strikes a heady wallop.

Once in the power band, the S-Cross 1.6 gets into its own, nudging serious speeds off with gusto. Mid-range is meaty and overtaking calls for just a little dab on the throttle. Let it rip and the S-Cross will top out at around 180 kmph, with the motor running out of breath close to 4,700 rpm – quite optimistic for a diesel sipping mill. The taller gearing allows speedy highway runs, with the S-Cross barreling deceptively at high speeds.

The tacho needle acts rather lazy until it nudges the 1.8K mark, after which it comes to life. Higher gears at low speeds make the car squirmy too, with very poor low speed tractability. Only when the boost arrives, there’s shove, quite a bit actually, so much so that it might catch the uninitiated, spirited driver off-guard. The lack of linearity in the 1.6’s performance is the only fly in the ointment, but it makes up for it with excellent highway munching capabilities.

High speed stability is commendable, and the S-Cross takes on long, sweeping curves with surprisingly less body roll. Steering feel isn’t the sharpest, though, and there’s vagueness at the centre which mars the connected feel by a fair bit, especially when the gusty motor is making quick progress. Even around mild corners, feedback isn’t the best. That said, it’s acceptable and miles ahead of what Maruti has to offer at the moment.

The S-Cross is a very promising, well-engineered product. It might not win any beauty pageants out there, but like what has been the case with most Mauti products, the customers can be expected to warm up to the styling in due time.

A high quality, practical interior is unlike what we’ve seen on any other Maruti. The space inside is generous, refinement levels are high and comfort all around is commendable. The S-Cross witnesses the evolution of Maruti into a carmaker capable of turning out a really refined, well put together and tasteful interior. Being a Maruti, ownership experience should be a breeze, too – and that’s what really counts here in this market.
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-image.jpg

Motoroids (with an excellent photo gallery)