Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 14:04   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Maruti Suzuki will be tempted to shoot themselves in their feet. After all, this is a "Premium" crossover
True, however there is a catch.

Nexa dealerships currently have only one model S Cross. Getting the price high and killing the model means, dealerships will be out of business.

On other hand for Hyundai, Creta is just another model (though an important one).
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:08   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
True, however there is a catch.

Nexa dealerships currently have only one model S Cross. Getting the price high and killing the model means, dealerships will be out of business.
That is understood and Maruti will support the Nexa dealers in its initial phase.

Quote:
Maruti might initially support Nexa dealers till more cars were sold through them, Credit Suisse said in a report. CLSA said Maruti admitted in an analyst meet that the profitability of Nexa dealerships could be under pressure but it expected this to ease as new vehicles were added to their portfolio.
http://www.business-standard.com/art...2000962_1.html
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:36   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
That is understood and Maruti will support the Nexa dealers in its initial phase.
Good move from Maruti - only hope that the 'support' prices will not be passed on to the end customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
My pre-booking for the Jazz will soon be withdrawn and Creata, officially out of consideration!
+1 - I would love to book the S-Cross too; had a look at the Mantri Mall in Bangalore. Looks long, leg space is good, boot seems O.K too; 3rd person in the 2nd row is a bit of squeeze. But, nope, personally I will turn back to Eco Sport since I am pretty sure Maruti will not surprise me with 6 airbags + ABS / EBD in the top end too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
. They were dressed, well differently; blazers n stuff.
That's the premium dealers / Nexa effect
Old 21st July 2015, 14:41   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Some pix a friend shared. This was taken at Lulu Mall , Cochin. Two engines,1.3 & 1.6 diesels and to be priced from 8-14 lac as per the info given to him
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150719wa0032.jpg  

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150719wa0033.jpg  

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150719wa0034.jpg  

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150719wa0035.jpg  

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-img20150719wa0036.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:54   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Price wise Maruti has their bases covered, because they 1.3s can be aggressively priced. The 1.6 will most probably end up at par with the Creta, the engine being imported and with (probable) additional royalty to be paid to Fiat.

Also, Maruti is advertising the SCross as a premium crossover, and not an SUV. As we all know, SUVs - even the tiny ones - command a premium in India, so this might be an indication of where Maruti plans on pricing the SCross.

Speculation and a hint of wishful thinking? Maybe
Old 21st July 2015, 15:01   #1116
Senior - BHPian

With the Creta prices out, I'm a bit relieved, also reconciling with my own gut feeling of not booking the Creta and preferring the S-Cross somewhat, from scratch.

Now, to only hope that MS don't go ballistic with the 1.6 variants pricing, due to the considerable void created by the Creta pricing, compared to Ecosport and Dusters/Terranos.

I just got told that the launch is being/may be postponed to 5th August, as Maruti Suzuki is revisiting the pricing and will announce prices on 5th August. Not sure of the validity of this information. Another wait continues.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:06   #1117
Team-BHP Support

A sudden increase of interest in the S-Cross. Maruti, if you are seeing these posts - Creta can do you the same favour that the earlier generation Honda Jazz did for the i20.

Just make sure it's priced right. Hit the premium hatchbacks with the 1.3 diesel (A premium of 1L over the likes of Jazz and i20 is acceptable IMO).

Spent an afternoon with the S-Cross at Forum mall, Bangalore. The good part is that most people seemed impressed with the car. The bad part is that most people were impressed with what it offered over the i20. Didn't hear anyone utter names like Ecosport, Duster etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:23   #1118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A sudden increase of interest in the S-Cross.
Soon we'll get to see a tweet or an update from Maruti Suzuki dating they gave range 10000 booking for the SCross thanks to Creta pricing.

All eyes on Maruti now. Should be a tensing moment for them too. Hope they do not drop a bomb too.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:50   #1119
BHPian

but
Dear Maruti Suzuki NExa,

If you are ever considering in launching an AT variant of this car (DCT like Ford? or Am I expecting to much!) then I will make sure to save up every penny to buy this!

This is the FIRST Maruti Suzuki product that I can aspire to buy and which seems SAFE!
Leaving aside Kizashi and Grand Vitara which were too expensive.

Just imagine this car with an AT! And with Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. backing!
Old 21st July 2015, 16:01   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just make sure it's priced right. Hit the premium hatchbacks with the 1.3 diesel (A premium of 1L over the likes of Jazz and i20 is acceptable IMO).
I really do not think it could be priced that low. Am taking Jazz in consideration since it is the highest priced in hatchback territory. Jazz VX IDtec retails for 9.8 on road Delhi, add a lac more and it brings us to 11 L.
Now Ciaz ZDI (O) from Maruti retails for 11.8 on road Delhi, that is 2 lakh premium over Jazz. Ciaz comes with 1.3 MJD and does not come under the sub 4 metre rule.

Even if the top end S Cross with 1.3 MJD is priced similar, i do not see as to how can it come near the 11 L mark. This car is being projected as a premium offering from Maruti and being sold under Nexa, it definitely can not be priced below the Ciaz (which is now sold through regular dealerships) as it carries more features and has a length longer than 4 metres.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 21st July 2015 at 16:03.
Old 21st July 2015, 16:05   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I really do not think it could be priced that low. Am taking Jazz in consideration since it is the highest priced in hatchback territory. Jazz VX IDtec retails for 9.8 on road Delhi, add a lac more and it brings us to 11 L.
Now Ciaz ZDI (O) from Maruti retails for 11.8 on road Delhi, that is 2 lakh premium over Jazz. Ciaz comes with 1.3 MJD and does not come under the sub 4 metre rule.
The S-Cross loses a few features as well. Firstly, the Sigma doesn't have any safety features bar the driver airbag compared to the ZDI(O) and only the top variants carry projector lamps as against them being the norm for Ciaz.

This should allow Maruti to start the S-Cross at a tempting price tag although I have no idea where the 1.6 would lie.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 16:14   #1122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Even if the top end S Cross with 1.3 MJD is priced similar, i do not see as to how can it come near the 11 L mark. This car is being projected as a premium offering from Maruti and being sold under Nexa, it definitely can not be priced below the Ciaz (which is now sold through regular dealerships) as it carries more features and has a length longer than 4 metres.
Would you agree with me that prices are not indicative of their manufacturing costs? Ciaz is priced the way it is- because Maruti knew the exact target for it- the Honda City. Not the case with S-Cross which has a huge identity crisis with hatchbacks.

Also consider Ertiga which is again not a sub 4m vehicle with the 1.3 diesel, and falls in the same price bracket as the top end Jazz. Considering all the common parts shared, I'm guessing 1 lakh ex-showroom over Ertiga is the max they can pull off right now. Else, this will only be another pricing disaster IMO.

They need to be extra aggressive with the introductory prices this time around.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 16:42   #1123
BHPian

Today, I saw the vehicle in flesh, utterly disappointed to see the car. Its barely a bigger hatchback, doesn't look like a CUV from any angle. Ciaz looks for better proposition, any day.

Amit
Old 21st July 2015, 16:58   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
but
Dear Maruti Suzuki NExa,

If you are ever considering in launching an AT variant of this car (DCT like Ford? or Am I expecting to much!) then I will make sure to save up every penny to buy this!
11 more variants are to be launched till 2017 as per a NEXA executive. AWD and Auto are sure to come.
sourabhzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:20   #1125
BANNED

Do anyone has any data about why the SCross Base Diesel Sigma need to be priced more than Ertiga VDi?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks