Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2006, 13:33   #46
BHPian

As mentioned by GTO Super-Admin, the lancer is not easy on the pocket for maintenance. Any body knows how does the CNG version fare on this whether they have modified the engine etc?
Old 22nd July 2006, 14:27   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Udit,
i don't know about delhi but in mumbai, i have seen two half a page long ads about the lancer CNG in 2 mainstream papers.
I however wasn't happy with the ad as it contained little information and was poorly done with a cheap picture.
Heck, i can take better pictures.
Cheers
Old 22nd July 2006, 16:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Udit,
i don't know about delhi but in mumbai, i have seen two half a page long ads about the lancer CNG in 2 mainstream papers.
I however wasn't happy with the ad as it contained little information and was poorly done with a cheap picture.
Heck, i can take better pictures.
Cheers
Agree with lamborghini,
I called them for a test drive, they informed me the launch is taking place today and test drives will be available only from Monday.
Cheers.
Old 22nd July 2006, 20:33   #49
BANNED

i also called one dealer today, sales girl said she can arrange for a test ride tommorrow... lets see if i can get it tomm... however, i have not seen any print ad here....

do u have the scanned copy of it? do they say interiors are titanium finish, leather interiors and alloys?

Please let me know

Regards,
Udit
Old 22nd July 2006, 22:47   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey udit,
i don't have a picture of it but it doesn't mention anything like titanium finish, leather seats, alloys etc.
It doesn't even say price.
All it says is -
NO PRICE RISE.
ONLY VALUE - KING SIZE.
Then there is a picture of a silver lancer that is poorly taken w/o alloys with the ugly front facia with the ugly headlamps (this is still one of the hottest cars on the road. I have never seen such an ugly picture/angle of the car ever even though we own one and my pictures are far far better) on a light green background.
Below the pic it says -
INTRODUCING Lancer in CNG.

Then there is the lancer logo and dealer numbers.

Quite sad actually.

Cheers and hope my description helped.
Old 22nd July 2006, 23:54   #51
BANNED

****... this sounds sick on Mitsibuishi's part.... i am taken a back... lets c if i can get to see it... but seeing all this doesnt feel like even thinking of buying it...

Thanks for sharing the info
Old 23rd July 2006, 00:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
As mentioned by GTO Super-Admin, the lancer is not easy on the pocket for maintenance. Any body knows how does the CNG version fare on this whether they have modified the engine etc?
I own a 2003 lancer and whoever says that after 2002 lancer quality has detreriorated can check my car out.

I have also not had any dealer problems ever. Infact the dealer calls for service, picks up the car and sometimes drops its back too.

Half of mitsubishi's troubles are just bad word of mouth after their quality deteriorated for some months in 2004. The company was quick to respond and was rated at the top for customer satisfaction.

http://lancerinindia.com/diff/Site/tnstcsstudy.asp

http://lancerinindia.com/diff/Site/jdpower.asp

I have No maintainence issues at all. its the usual service with regular oil and service change. the engine is still as smooth and silent giving 13-14 kmpl with a/c in the city.(TOUCHWOOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78

do they say interiors are titanium finish, leather interiors and alloys?

Please let me know

Regards,
Udit
Udit, yes the car has Titanium finish centre console and leather upholstery. Alloy wheels are not mentioned but Should be present. Anyways its not hard to bargain for them.
the car is priced 7.3 ex-showroom.

price can be confirmed here.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...0,00020010.htm

feature list can be confirmed here.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1041619

another intresting link

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=134869

considering WagonR makes 57.5hp with cng from 64. lancer will make around 80hp which is still higher than NHC.

do ask about the assetcare programme. Its an old link but still active.
http://lancerinindia.com/diff/whylancer/freedom.asp

Last edited by devarshi84 : 23rd July 2006 at 00:41.
Old 23rd July 2006, 21:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
Bangalore does have a CNG pump. And it is listed.. I will show you where if you want too..
Where is this CNG pump located in BAngalore ? Is it functional ?
Old 23rd July 2006, 22:07   #54
BANNED

i went to see the car today... they showed me the one which is for TAXI.... so real interiors not shown.... i test drove it.... power loss is there over petrol but not much noticable... so from that perspective car is ok... but i asked them about titanium finish cockpit, alloys and leather covers... they had no clue about it

SO this is the outcome as of now, he says will call me when actual model is with him.... Lets see...

Udit
Old 23rd July 2006, 23:05   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
Where is this CNG pump located in BAngalore ? Is it functional ?
BEL Circle junction towards Mathikere...
Old 24th July 2006, 09:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
i went to see the car today... they showed me the one which is for TAXI.... so real interiors not shown.... i test drove it.... power loss is there over petrol but not much noticable... so from that perspective car is ok... but i asked them about titanium finish cockpit, alloys and leather covers... they had no clue about it

SO this is the outcome as of now, he says will call me when actual model is with him.... Lets see...

Udit

HM needs me badly. Cmon HM Time to raise the sales. wake up

Last edited by devarshi84 : 24th July 2006 at 09:40.
Old 27th July 2006, 10:24   #57
BANNED

Hi Again,

Has anybody tried to gather info. on this new machine... here in delhi none of the dealer is confirming about the titanium cockpit, leather seats, alloys etc. as the package...

If someone has the confirmation; please share...

Regards,
Udti
Old 29th July 2006, 14:02   #58
BHPian

The kit of CNG is from the dealers but wont void your warranty. Secondly there is still no news on the 1.6 New Lancer. I am a avid Lancer fan but i guess Mitsu in India is real sad thanx to HM who advertise the Amby with CNG like it was a Maybach on biofuel.
Old 29th July 2006, 21:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
advertise the Amby with CNG like it was a Maybach on biofuel.
That's a good one. lol

There have been multiple plans on the HM cards. I guess they dont know what need to do.
Old 29th July 2006, 23:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its interesting how some manufacturer's decide to do LPG and some decide to do CNG.

Wonder what kind of logic or market research they are using.

So far Maruti has 2 LPG products and HM has/had 3 CNG products with GM close to finalizing CNG for its Optra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks