Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Special edition XUV500. EDIT: Now with Pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Going a bit OT.
The pic of "Mahindra" XUV has but "Maruti' and 'Suzuki' stickers pasted all over
Dhanush, The reason is XUV won the 2014 Maruti Desert Storm Challenge. It was the first ever diesel vehicle to win this tough rally. Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ert-storm.html

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I don't much care for the sticker job but as I mentioned this looks to be a W6 (cloth upholstery) with the W8 alloy wheels.

I wonder what other useful stuff like alloys has been added onto it. If the price is close to W6 then removing the hideous stickers will make this variant a good buy.
Apart from Alloys, if you look closely at second picture, i think they have added a Color screen to this due to reverse camera. So this too would be a good thing as W6 only has mono screen.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraxx View Post
Folks, seems like there's a special edition of the XUV that might be launched soon. This will have white xuv's with black interiors as well which might be good news for people not interested in the current beige interiors that come as standard with white exteriors.

Also, it will have some design changes to the arm rest and integrated reverse camera. Hope they open up bookings soon as I'm running out of patience. :-)

EDIT: Here are the pictures!
Tacky Tacky Tacky!!!

Seems it's been modified by one of the Ustaads at a local accessory shop. XUV is tacky in it's default Avatar. Why uglify it even more??
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 11:13   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

What a ugly special edition!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

If Mahindras can come out with a rally-spec suspension, roll-cage and a engine tuned to churn out more BHP, that would be a really drool-worthy "special-edition" .
Attachment 1242969
That Reiger suspension in Super XUV costs as much as the car.

Super XUV uses a Race Dynamics box to bump up the power and control AWD system, i guess they'd be happy to sell you the same state of tune. Other major changes include re positioned Intercooler and free flow air filter.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 11:31   #50
BHPian

Special edition XUV500. EDIT: Now with Pics!

Wow! I'm actually in a shock right now. That must be the most disgusting special edition or whatever edition they want to call it I have seen till date. They totally ruined such a rugged looking SUV. Specially with the alloys. The only thing appreciated in this is the black interior and the bonnet graphics. Sadly rest of the car is a shame.
Old 24th May 2014, 12:55   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Stickers might have been acceptable but those red accents here and there are horrible! Why didn't they just give it a chrome treatment like the Scorp limited edition. Would have been a little less hideous.

Anyway, wonder who in their right mind would buy one of these.
Old 26th May 2014, 17:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Few images of a W8 with interior done by DC, the red leather/carbon fiber trim looks really good, the customization also includes fitment of captain seats in the middle row which makes it far more comfortable as chauffeur driven vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-img20140526wa0009.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-img20140526wa0011.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-img20140526wa0012.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 17:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Few images of a W8 with interior done by DC, the red leather/carbon fiber trim looks really good, the customization also includes fitment of captain seats in the middle row which makes it far more comfortable as chauffeur driven vehicle.

My gawd!!! That's awful! Hurts my eyes to even look at it!! Did someone at DC take a paint can of Fiery Red & spill it on there??

DC has no sense of Design or Class!

Why is it that we Indians go so overboard with decorations everywhere?

Desi Dybuk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 18:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I beg to differ on this. With utmost respect to your view, I do not find it pleasing at all. It appears that an accessory guy has gone over board in decorating the doors with all sorts of lights and buttons. The interiors in Red make me question, Are we seeing a Ferrari ?

Poor choice, awful taste and lack of design sense ends up in such disasters. If in case I do compare between the special edition XUV and this XUV then the former wins by leaps and bounds.

Is this car present in any of DC's showroom in Delhi ? Want to see it in person.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 15:40   #55
BHPian

Very very cheap upgrade , this kind of upgrades done by road side accessories shops !
Reverse camera on bumper - Recently any other car manufacturer been placing it there? , Everyone has located it nicely under the number plat top cover area. That way I thing it can give a better view of objects that might hit the rear bumper.

Last edited by ramesh : 28th May 2014 at 15:41.
Old 28th May 2014, 16:05   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
Reverse camera on bumper - Recently any other car manufacturer been placing it there? , Everyone has located it nicely under the number plat top cover area.
If you observe it, the Camera just like the ones fitted at Mahindra Dealerships is not placed in center, it is off-center. The display it gives out is not accurate.

To compare the placement with higher mounted cameras near number plate, i agree higher mounted camera offers better view in comparison(mounted in my friend's Rexton vs camera in my XUV).
Old 28th May 2014, 17:00   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If you observe it, the Camera just like the ones fitted at Mahindra Dealerships is not placed in center, it is off-center.
Anshuman, any idea why the cameras are mounted off center. I have noticed that all cameras are mounted slightly off to right. Initially I thought it may be due to difficulty in fixing the camera on the rib which is exactly in center of the bumper. However this can be avoided if the camera is fixed bit lower on the black skirting.
Old 28th May 2014, 17:41   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Anshuman, any idea why the cameras are mounted off center. I have noticed that all cameras are mounted slightly off to right. Initially I thought it may be due to difficulty in fixing the camera on the rib which is exactly in center of the bumper. However this can be avoided if the camera is fixed bit lower on the black skirting.
Yup the only reason is that rib right in the center. The black skirting maybe too low or drilling not as easy. The ideal location should be in the license plate garnish area.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 19:18   #59
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh

About the reverse-camera, I have it perfectly centered in the black-skirting. There is no noticeable change in the view. If at all, it helps to be in the lower position especially in cases when you are reversing with uneven surface/rocks behind.

The lens is pretty wide-angle. A placement few CMs below is not going to change the view singnificantly.

Another point to think about is the color of the reverse-camera. The ring around the lens comes in black or white. So unless your car is of the same color, the camera becomes an eye-sore when placed on the bumper.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 10:43   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh

SDP, thanks for the info about camera. Was planning of installing the same way.
Regarding special addition Anant cars, M&M Bangalore dealer was saying they will be getting details by 2nd or 3 rd June. However they saying it will be available only in AWD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks