Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 16:24   #1

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh

Folks, seems like there's a special edition of the XUV that might be launched soon. This will have white xuv's with black interiors as well which might be good news for people not interested in the current beige interiors that come as standard with white exteriors.

Also, it will have some design changes to the arm rest and integrated reverse camera. Hope they open up bookings soon as I'm running out of patience. :-)

EDIT: Here are the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a6.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a5.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a4.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a3.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a2.jpg  

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a1.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2014 at 16:00. Reason: Adding pics to the opening post :)
rahulraxx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 18:40   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Special edition XUV500. EDIT: Now with Pics!

What is the source buddy?

XUVs seem to be selling in decent numbers since last 6-9 months. Launch of the cheaper W4 also seems to have worked to attract more customers. Can't think of a logical reason for a special edition.
Old 19th May 2014, 20:54   #3
BHPian

Hi All,

Please confirm this news as I am planning to buy an XUV and will hold off in case anyone confirms this.

Regards
Old 19th May 2014, 21:05   #4
gemi_kk

As far as i know, they are planning for a hybrid version of XUV. But never heard of a limited edition. Also, why are they planning now, when the market is gaining pace slowly.

The industry favourite Limited edition formula works well when the volumes are going down or when the manufacturer anticipates some sort of *Magic* happening in the near term. But not when the volumes are going up.
  (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 21:32   #5

I was supposed to book mine today but have held on as I got this information from an insider. Hang on for a bit and I'll confirm at the earliest.
Old 19th May 2014, 23:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Can't think of a logical reason for a special edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Also, why are they planning now, when the market is gaining pace slowly.
The industry favourite Limited edition formula works well when the volumes are going down or when the manufacturer anticipates some sort of *Magic* happening in the near term. But not when the volumes are going up.
There are multiple reasons to launch limited/special/anniversary/celebration editions:
  • To gauge Market response for features / color (Alloy/Interior/Leather etc) changes etc. (Voice of Customer). It is often said, customer does not know what he wants till he sees it / uses it. Can be used for improving OEM accessory / plan for facelifts etc.
  • To geniunely celebreate a milestone (highly unlikely).
  • To get more profit out of a variant/model (Add 10,000 worth accessories but price the limited edition say 50,000/- above the unlimited variant)
  • To Judge market response for a price increase in a model.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 19th May 2014 at 23:56.
scopriobharath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 00:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

I so hope they also come out with auto transmissions too. The changes they need is the ones that have been irritating everyone like headlight bulbs, brake pads, suspension bushes etc. Lets see what they come out with.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 08:05   #8
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^
Nitin, the "special-edition" (if it comes) is not going to be about 'fixes', but additional features. Worst case it would be just some stickering job (cheetah theme and what not) and minor cosmetic changes.

Just imagine an ad for a special edition - "XUV special edition with headlight bulbs that dont fuse quite so often!!"

Last edited by SDP : 20th May 2014 at 08:07.
SDP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 09:43   #9

Just received some more updates that the special edition will have some design changes to the arm rest and integrated reverse camera. Hope they open up bookings soon as I'm running out of patience. :-)

Last edited by GTO : 20th May 2014 at 13:12.
rahulraxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 10:00   #10
BHPian

Quote:
^^
"XUV special edition with headlight bulbs that dont fuse quite so often!!"
SDP - Couldnt help but to laugh out loud on reading on that one. Agree with you - most special editions are comestic changes and sticker jobs and not major mechanical ones.
Old 20th May 2014, 13:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just imagine an ad for a special edition - "XUV special edition with headlight bulbs that dont fuse quite so often!!"
In Mahindra terminology, making an XUV with "normal" bulbs that dont fuse easily would automatically be termed as "Special Edition"
Old 20th May 2014, 22:03   #12

I just saw the pics of the limited edition vehicle through an inside source. The white xuv has black interiors as was mentioned earlier. Apart from this, it has decals on both the sides which reads "Sportz". Even the side mirrors, the top of the vehicle and the left hand bonnet has decals. Also spotted a camera on the bumper for the reverse camera.

The spokes of the wheels bears some red color night glow lamps i think which looks similar to the ones used for cycles. This in my opinion looks really cheap.

Hope to see it in flesh in the next couple of days.
rahulraxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 17:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
In Mahindra terminology, making an XUV with "normal" bulbs that dont fuse easily would automatically be termed as "Special Edition"
Just going off topic but Nitin I had similar issue of bulbs fusing repeatedly. I mean all 4 at different point of time in 8 months but finally the service center guys installed some improved version of these bulbs and assured me it will work fine. And hurray I haven't got a fused bulb in last 8 months.

Cheers
Old 21st May 2014, 18:26   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraxx View Post
I just saw the pics of the limited edition vehicle through an inside source. The white xuv has black interiors as was mentioned earlier. Apart from this, it has decals on both the sides which reads "Sportz". Even the side mirrors, the top of the vehicle and the left hand bonnet has decals. Also spotted a camera on the bumper for the reverse camera.

The spokes of the wheels bears some red color night glow lamps i think which looks similar to the ones used for cycles. This in my opinion looks really cheap. ...
Is there a way you can manage some pics for us too please?
Old 21st May 2014, 18:51   #15

I have the pics on my phone. Not sure if its fine to share such spy pics.

Most Viewed