Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 00:15   #16
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Bluetooth is almost necessary these days. It is an essential feature for any compact family car. I still don't like the fact that these manufacturers don't disclose the date of the face-lift. It might attract more numbers and respect for the company. If it's just a 'face lift', it should be done quickly without any spy pics. Maruti is going to face tough competition in future. Let's see how they react to this new situation !
Zigor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 02:26   #17
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Being already a proud owner of New Swift Dzire ZDi, i welcome this change, not to improvise but to add more spice to it to make it feel more to the segment to it belongs, specially adding up the chrome elements.

But more than these plastic changes it needs balanced proportions than these minor bits like its first half frkm the centre of the car is proportionately longer with respect to the rear half giving it an awkward look. While designing Maruti tried to overcome this limitation by shaving few milimetres from its front bumper but that didnt helped much, giving it an awkward rear 3 quarter look.
All said but that won't be possible for such minor facelifts which involve minor plastic bits alterations over sheet metal changes which involve costs.

Hope to see such elements improvised in its next generation avatar or its comprehensive facelift.

Till then i welcome these changes, hope to see its equipment list expanded further to add ABS & atleast Driver side Airbag as a standart equipment across the range.
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 09:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

I lost my interest in the Dzire when the rear-hacked New Gen Dzire was launched. It looks Gross from the rear.
Then now, I see this. Another alien looking thing named Dzire.

The only point of interest in this car now is the Push Start/Stop button (which is not a big wow, but nevertheless) and the Bluetooth HU (if at all it is there).
Old 20th May 2014, 09:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop! Please thank the birdie on our behalf.

I like the smoked headlights. But that chrome grille to match the new Honda grilles look gaudy.

Is the face-lifted Dzire sporting all black interiors like the Swift? ABS + EBD on lower variants like the Amaze would be a nice addition.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:15   #20
BHPian

Looks like another cosmetic change, i wonder what thinking goes behind these decisions. Is it to pull some people back from buying Xcent?
Old 20th May 2014, 14:14   #21
BHPian

I am not sure if this is just a stop-gap arrangement before a whole new Gen Dzire is launched as the market is much more evolved now than just a paste-on bling jobs. What Maruti needs now is a whole new Dzire to keep it on track in the advent of Xcent/Zest and upcoming Ford.
Old 20th May 2014, 15:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubin21 View Post
I am not sure if this is just a stop-gap arrangement before a whole new Gen Dzire is launched as the market is much more evolved now than just a paste-on bling jobs. What Maruti needs now is a whole new Dzire to keep it on track in the advent of Xcent/Zest and upcoming Ford.
The next generation Swift itself, will hit us only sometime in the second half of 2016. Expect a "Dzire" version of that to come only a bit later. That is, if these copy paste boot jobs are still in fashion and the market hasn't matured enough
Old 20th May 2014, 16:20   #23
D4D
BHPian

The Dzire now wares a much mature look on the face. The Suzuki grille, though not fully visible, has got a good treatment of chrome and looks amazing. No other external changes can be seen from the photos?
Are there anymore photos?
Old 20th May 2014, 16:42   #24
BHPian

Another ugly duckling dressed up in chrome. And as always, Indians would lap it up.

Don't know whom to blame, Maruti or its customers.
Old 20th May 2014, 17:56   #25
BHPian

Looks like a cosmetic change, typical Suzuki but what took me by surprise was the rear image.
Why is the boot looking like the first gen. Dzire and not the current one ? You can see the boot depth being identical to the old Dzire's Are they going back to the old boot which again is the step back or is that particular pic dated ?

Attached pic shows the rear of first gen Dzire which looks identical to the old Dzire and not with the current model
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-dzire.jpg  

Last edited by Cooltronics : 20th May 2014 at 17:58.
Old 20th May 2014, 18:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Looks like a cosmetic change, typical Suzuki but what took me by surprise was the rear image.
Why is the boot looking like the first gen. Dzire and not the current one ? You can see the boot depth being identical to the old Dzire's Are they going back to the old boot which again is the step back or is that particular pic dated ?

Attached pic shows the rear of first gen Dzire which looks identical to the old Dzire and not with the current model
Buddy I think you ought to have a closer look at the images in the opening post. No one is going back to the old-gen shape note the boot lip spoiler, tail-lamp design etc. Please compare the images of the rear to what we currently get so you can put your worries to rest
Old 20th May 2014, 18:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Buddy I think you ought to have a closer look at the images in the opening post. No one is going back to the old-gen shape note the boot lip spoiler, tail-lamp design etc. Please compare the images of the rear to what we currently get so you can put your worries to rest
Sorry bro but it ain't that obvious or hilarious. Check the depth of the boot in that one image. It definitely doesn't represent the one sold right now.
It can be the thing with this pic but the depth doesn't look shrinked
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 19:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry bro but it ain't that obvious or hilarious. Check the depth of the boot in that one image. It definitely doesn't represent the one sold right now.
I'm sorry I just found it hilarious that you thought so that's all. I think it might be the angle of the photo that lent you the idea that the boot might be deeper. You might have to take another look at other photos.

Besides, it would make very little sense since the whole reason why the Swift Dzire was shortened, was to keep it under the magical 4 meter mark which I hope I don't need to explain why manufacturers in India, try to achieve. Ergo it would make very little sense for Maruti to increase the length of the boot today

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th May 2014 at 19:06.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 21:16   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This pic of current dzire might help you, taken from the dzire team bhp review thread. The depth of the boot is same as the one in the OP.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-marutidzire15.jpg  

Old 20th May 2014, 23:45   #30
BHPian

The only angle from which this otherwise ugly car looked good was from the front.And now they are going to ruin that side also with all that cheap chrome add-ons!

Why should any facelift in our country carry more chrome than the previous model?
Was the Dzire ever selling in low numbers, due to the lack of this chrome?
And why Maruti keeps on spoiling each and every model in their stable with ugly facelifts like this? Alto 800, 2012 Dzire, and now a worst looking 2014 Dzire! I am sure they can't make Dzire any worse than this!
But since it is MSIL, they may prove me wrong again with a still hideous looking Dzire in 2016.

After seeing the beautiful Ciaz concept, I can't believe that Suzuki lacks talented designers. I feel that these ugly Indian facelifts are more of an insider-job by Maruti itself, without any inputs from Suzuki designers, and hence the hideous results.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks