Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 10:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
To me, it looks like the DRLs will be provided on the Z variants while the chrome replaces it on the V / L variants! I hope they have cruise control added on it as well. And the alloy wheel looks like from the facelift thread we had some time back! Looks better than the current one.
Pic 3 shows alloys but no DRLs - just the same chrome. So it is safe to assume no DRLs even in the Z variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Sorry bro but it ain't that obvious or hilarious. Check the depth of the boot in that one image. It definitely doesn't represent the one sold right now.
It can be the thing with this pic but the depth doesn't look shrinked
Boot lid depth didn't get shrunk by much even in the current Dzire. They made the rear windscreen angle much steeper to accommodate the reduction in the boot area. May be it looks like a normal boot to you since the rear windscreen is not shown in that picture.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 13:26   #32
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Okay am I missing something here or has MS completely lost touch with reality? Smoked headlamps and DRLs on a DZire? Without insulting the hundreds (if not thousands) of Team BHPians who are DZire owners, this reminds me of the scene in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai where Kajol gets all dolled up to imitate Rani. The end result? The whole college takes one look at her and start ing.

It is a budget compact sedan. It should look that way.

And the chrome... oh the chrome. Why do all new cars in India look like a chrome-eating alien just puked his last meal on them? It is just GROSS.

All my views are personal of course.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Here are some leaked pictures of Dzire Facelift. It gets smoked Headlamps and New grille.Regards from Little Birdie!
Thanks for the scoop Anshuman! Does the Little Birdie have any information if an Ertiga facelift is around the corner? If yes, can we expect smoked headlamps and a different set of taillights
Old 21st May 2014, 16:37   #34
BHPian

Old wine in a new bottle. Rather than giving the car a facelift showcasing rather minor changes, they should have have gone in for a full refurbishment thereby cleaning the chunky exteriors with a much more sauve one.
Old 21st May 2014, 18:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
But I am unable to spot anything new except the chrome overdosed front grille and the start/stop button(?) Is that all?
Thats the same initial reaction that I had when I saw the pics and still do not have the confidence that there are many changes in the facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Btw, haven't seen far too many Xcents on the road yet!
Well. It is the case with all the new cars generally. Even if you consider 20000 cars sold in 3 months, considering the geographical size of India, you can guess what the probability of seeing the car on road. Generally it takes around 4-5 months to start seeing the new car rarely and around 6 months later start seeing it frequently.
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:48   #36
BHPian

Seems that they have changed the interior colour too. No sign of biege colour. Looks full black like the swift.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:51   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance plumbing View Post
They've spoilt the classy looks of the Dzire with these Chrome add-ons. That's all I can say.
As an owner myself, i have to say-
I'm sorry, what???
Classy?
mayankk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Another ugly duckling dressed up in chrome. And as always, Indians would lap it up.

Don't know whom to blame, Maruti or its customers.
What law has been transgressed here, sir, to to make an indian, buying a Dzire, which incidentally is the segment leader, a blameworthy act?

Last edited by GTO : 25th May 2014 at 12:28. Reason: No personal attacks please
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 19:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
What law has been transgressed here, sir, to to make an indian, buying a Dzire, which incidentally is the segment leader, a blameworthy act?

There still exists in india people who see beyond faux boots, chrome, sticker graphics et al.

Last edited by GTO : 25th May 2014 at 12:29. Reason: Quoted post edited
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 23:32   #40
BHPian

The Dzire just looks as ugly as ever but I wouldn't mind such a car as long as the vehicle is functionally good.

Any plans of Suzki putting the 90BHP MJD engine onto the Dzire. That would be a good upgrade. Also, I hope they have retained the black interiors and have not gone for the beige one. The chrome looks out of place. Rest, whatever that I could see from the pics, look fine. And lastly no price rise please!
Old 4th August 2014, 11:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Was surfing throug the net and caught this version of the Dzire Facelift(Opula).

Seems a much better looking grille than the OP. Your thoughts?

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-facelift-dzire.jpg
Credits:www.motorbeam.com
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 12:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Was surfing throug the net and caught this version of the Dzire Facelift(Opula).

Seems a much better looking grille than the OP. Your thoughts?

Attachment 1269924
Credits:www.motorbeam.com
Isn't this the same that was displayed in Auto Expo?
Old 4th August 2014, 12:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Zenren

The OP and the said posted image front part looks pretty different.

I loved the Opula front fascia in comparison to the Crome indulgence of this:

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-marutisuzukidzirefacelift.jpg
Old 4th August 2014, 12:39   #44
BHPian

What's the point. Po-te-to... Po-ta-to. Yet another face lift to confuse the already confused buyer.
Will manage to divert some customers in the last minute, who were just about to book another car in the same category, by calling it "refreshed", "new", "2014" model etc. till the competition does it back to this car too. Finally what you get is same old technology and technically same old car.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@Zenren

The OP and the said posted image front part looks pretty different.

I loved the Opula front fascia in comparison to the Crome indulgence of this:

Attachment 1269976
I didn't ask about the dzire facelift in OP. What you posted was the modified Dzire that Maruti displayed at Auto Expo 2014

Refer 6th post in below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2014-a-3.html
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks