Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 14:21   #46

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

It looks terrible in my opinion. I actually quite liked how the 2nd generation DZire looked and now this makes me dislike it as much as the 1st generation version. The chrome looks way too tacky and cheap. I have no idea why all the compact sedan's are trying so hard to be something they're not.
Old 21st August 2014, 20:56   #47
BHPian

One word to describe this apparent "facelift" is TACKY. I also feel the swift front facia is showing its age. Maruti needs to stop this copy paste solutions and get its design team to actually come up with something.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

One thing that I feel over here is that technically it might be superior to the present Maruti Dzire but on the looks it is messed up big time by Maruti Suzuki. Up till now the basic platform for Dzire model was that of Swift hatch on which a boot had been added. However, going by this face-lift, may be Maruti has tried to create a distinct identity for Swift Dzire but have surely failed. Totally disproportionate. If we compare the 3 generations of Dzire (including this) then the 1st one wins by leaps and bounds.

Anyways, Maruti has lost it's touch and its evident in this Dzire face-lift. Now, what I desire as a sane human being is that Maruti should not destroy the Swift in this way.

I honestly hope Maruti should have approached a good car rendering person prior to coming out with this lazy attempt. If they were so much bent upon destroying a relatively decent design, they could have approached a person like me and I would have given them a better destructive design. After all, I am experienced in destroying a good design.

Thanks.
Old 15th September 2014, 20:04   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

The guys from GaadiWaadi have scooped pics of the uncamouflaged production version of the top variant of the DZire facelift. According to them, it will come with a new chrome-loaded front grille, 10-spoke alloy wheels and a Start/Stop button.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-dzire2015.jpg

SOURCE - GaadiWaadi blog

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 22:09   #50
BHPian

I'd say that MSIL will be making a big mistake if they're going to put that stupid boot on the DZIre once again. No matter what they do to the alloys or the front grill or whatever, the boot is the most ugliest part of this car giving it that ill-born baby look. And I dare say the 90% of the DZire owners have bought this car in the past keeping in mind the rock solid reliability of MSIL and performance of the car alone, making them overlook the 'looks' department. And don't even think about starting off the 'function is better than form' war as we're all aware of the fact DZire is the car offering the segment lowest boot space.

I really think that its high time MSIL learnt from the design of other compact sedans like Amaze, Zest and Xcent on how to give proper looks to a sub 4m sedan. IMHO no matter what's under the hood, I'd never spent my hard-earned money on a notchback like DZire.

Hypothetical situation - Which one would you go for? MSIL Zest or Tata DZire? IMO if that were the case there would not be even a second generation/facelift for the DZire.
Old 15th September 2014, 22:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Thanks for the scoop Anshuman! Does the Little Birdie have any information if an Ertiga facelift is around the corner? If yes, can we expect smoked headlamps and a different set of taillights
More importantly, can we expect an automatic transmission in the petrol Ertiga?
Old 15th September 2014, 22:14   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Hypothetical situation - Which one would you go for? MSIL Zest or Tata DZire? IMO if that were the case there would not be even a second generation/facelift for the DZire.
15000 to 20000 people every month choose the Dzire over all the other "well proportioned" sub 4 mt sedans out there. Infact it sells more than all the rest combined every month. So I don't think MSIL would even remotely think of playing with the car in any significant manner. Slight changed to the grill, bumpers etc are all that you can expect for the next few years perhaps. Dzire sells because of the whole VFM package that it is along with the MSIL hassle free ownership tag.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 22:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
15000 to 20000 people every month choose the Dzire over all the other "well proportioned" sub 4 mt sedans out there. Infact it sells more than all the rest combined every month. So I don't think MSIL would even remotely think of playing with the car in any significant manner. Slight changed to the grill, bumpers etc are all that you can expect for the next few years perhaps. Dzire sells because of the whole VFM package that it is along with the MSIL hassle free ownership tag.
My point is that the customers would have been much more satisfied if the car was well proportioned too. And IMO had it not been for the MSIL tag, the 15000 to 20000 numbers would never have been possible, not matter how VFM the package be.
Old 15th September 2014, 23:00   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
My point is that the customers would have been much more satisfied if the car was well proportioned too. And IMO had it not been for the MSIL tag, the 15000 to 20000 numbers would never have been possible, not matter how VFM the package be.

None of the cars in that segment are perfect-

1. DZire- Looks.
2. Amaze- Quality.
3. Xcent- Small Diesel engine.
4. Zest- Weak brand image.

What sells is the one that appeals the most to the masses. Agreed it would sell even better with better proportions though, but it is next to impossible given the way Swift looks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 09:50   #55
BHPian

I beg to differ on the looks department. The current gen Dzire looks much better than the previous one. It is not that big an eyesore anymore. And it is quite difficult to make a notchback look proportionate when it is based on existing hatchback.

The Xcent particularly doesnt go down too well with me, however the Amaze looks better to me personally.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Maruti begins production of the Dzire Facelift

Spy pictures courtesy Gaadiwaadi indicate that production for the facelift version of Maruti's compact sedan - Dzire has already begun. The Dzire will continue to be produced at Maruti's Manesar plant in Haryana.

After 2 years of its launch in 2012, Maruti will give the Dzire a minor refresh which might include a revised front face with a new chrome grill (as per our previous article) and new 10 spoke alloy wheels. The Dzire facelift might also get added equipment such as a start stop button to match its feature loaded rivals.

Till date the Dzire sales have remained unfazed even after the introduction of its core competitors such as the Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest. The Dzire has been dominating the compact sedan segment, with average monthly sales of 17659 units while its closest rival - Honda Amaze manages to average less than half that number.

Link to news article

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th September 2014 at 14:40. Reason: Typo corrected - unphased>unfazed
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 13:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti begins production of the Dzire Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
After 2 years of its launch in 2012, Maruti will give the Dzire a minor refresh which might include a revised front face with a new chrome grill (as per our previous article) and new 10 spoke alloy wheels.
Link to news article
I actually like the current alloy design more than the new one! Why change the design just for the sake of it, especially if it is one that the customers have no complaints on?

That was the case even in the past with Swift facelift too - I liked the original 7-spoke alloys on first generation Swift more than 8-spoke version that came in 2008.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

With the swift being refreshed, I wonder how long will Maruti would take to launch the updated Dzire as well.

One thing I always wondered, when these models are updated, there should be an option available with the existing customers to get their rides the new updates as well. Like, if the VDI version gets an ABS, then there should be someway in which it can be retrofitted into the older Dzire as well.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
With the swift being refreshed, I wonder how long will Maruti would take to launch the updated Dzire as well.

One thing I always wondered, when these models are updated, there should be an option available with the existing customers to get their rides the new updates as well. Like, if the VDI version gets an ABS, then there should be someway in which it can be retrofitted into the older Dzire as well.
Though your though is novel, somethings just cannot have the retro fitting options.

Once a car is out of the production unit, retro fitting something as irrelevant as a steering wheel control seems like a nightmare with so many electrical changes.

Hence, complex options like ABS/EBD/Start Stop Button/Auto folding mirrors et all though desirable is extremely difficult to retrofit.

Best is to upgrade if the Vit. M is available or make do with whats there in hand
Old 28th October 2014, 15:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Best is to upgrade if the Vit. M is available or make do with whats there in hand
Agree with you, and hence I mentioned that there should be an option available. Some of us do not change cars every 2-3 years, so if the cars we already have are also updated/refreshed then we would be more loyal to the brand, wouldn't we?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks