Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 16:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
I guess I didn't used any offensive words as I am a proud owner of a Swift. But that doesn't change my view on how Maruti smartly plays the game.
Buddy, its ok to have your own opinion as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, else you can make that statement and not worry about what others think of your view! My swift is the 5th car in family garage, and now shares its space with a polo and trust me, there is a reason why other brands are ignored, most owners know why. This is our second swift BTW

Peace.
Old 30th October 2014, 16:21   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
Boss, no offense to anyone, I am a Swift owner myself and I love it. But look at this, the 2011 Swift was way ahead of the previous Swift, but the 2014 version is just a rip off from the Elite i20. The features are just a copy. They should do justice to all the love they get from Indian people. Give us atleast a car to drool upon, like the Kizashi.
First of all it is not an 'all new Swift' to have major updates. It is just a mid life improved version. Secondly, they do not have a monopoly in the market. There are enough competitors and people are free to choose from the rival products. Thirdly, they learnt from your example of drool worthy Kizashi that fuel efficiency sells and new experiments may fail.

'Why fix something if it ain't broken' may be their philosophy. They may or may not come up with some new product once the sales dwindle. As of now the marketing guys might have advised against it.

Yes, as a market leader Maruti should give safety features, advanced technologies, superior quality and what not. But at the end of the day they are a corporate and most of the corporate think what their team of MBA professionals or top management think. I do not expect any drastic change in their vision in comimg future unless their is some serious threat to their leadership.
Old 30th October 2014, 17:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
A lost business opportunity if you ask me. If they were to offer these new features to be added to the old cars, I am sure a lot of those older vehicle owners would queue up to get these updates. Maruti continues to make money from already sold vehicles too, and not just through service.
Nothing is impossible. Even in an existing car, you can retrofit any feature, provided you are willing to replace all necessary parts and spend without any limits.

It wouldn't be a viable option in most cases, since most of the parts that needs to be discarded would be otherwise working and would cost almost as much to make. So there is only a marginal cost addition for a new car while in case of old cars, you need to throw away the entire old part and replace it with new part, escalating the cost considerably.

People usually say it is not possible to retro-fit considering the cost-effectiveness of that retrofit.
Old 30th October 2014, 19:42   #79

This facelift looks quite good. Its a shame though, it seems to be missing the DRLs. Its become a feature which is available in many cars in the segment.
The new grille gives quite a different look from the swift, makes it look a little upmarket.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:41   #80
BHPian

WOW! Creativity to the core by Maruti. Copying the front chrome strip straight away from the Amaze and 17000+ people will still buy it every month.

Moreover, I am sure they will increase the price by a few thousand. Let's wait for the prices.
gauravdgr8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 23:10   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

The swift didn't get a blackened headlamp bezel did it? Then why did the Dzire get it? IMO it would have suited the Swift. The Dzire must have retained the chrome bezel. I like the bumper of the pre-facelift Dzire(personal thought). The new one somewhat looks too wide from front.
Old 30th October 2014, 23:35   #82
BHPian

MUL seems to have lost the plot. To me the front end looks more like the Mobilio than the Amaze. IMO, they have screwed up the only good angle for the car.

Its really tough to understand, how they manage to sell 17k+ examples every month.
Old 31st October 2014, 09:51   #83
BHPian

Ladies love the bling ! More chrome means that the missus will like it better: I guess Maruti knows what sells.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:12   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Its really tough to understand, how they manage to sell 17k+ examples every month.
Not that difficult my friend. A hugely trusted brand name and reliable, fuel efficient car is more than enough to sell the products. From an average car buyer's POV, thats all that matters.

One must remember that the target segment is not us enthusiasts, never has been, never will be.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 11:50   #85
BHPian

I can only see a shiny mustache and the absence of a butt-job. Increasing the price for a few chrome inserts and other non-quantifiable benefits seems funny.
Anyways, people would still flock to buy this one
Old 31st October 2014, 11:58   #86
BHPian

Hasn't this always the case with Maruti's cars? They do a cosmetic facelift every once in a while. I guess it's a concept borrowed from the U.S and European markets where a model with slight changes is released every year.

There is no doubt the performance of these vehicles is great. I personally like the performance of the Swift/Dzire's diesel engines, although I don't like the shape of either of these cars.

Also I think a portion of those 17000 cars are used as Taxis all over. A vast majority of the airport taxis here are Dzires.
Old 31st October 2014, 12:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Hasn't this always the case with Maruti's cars? They do a cosmetic facelift every once in a while.
+1 but I find the so called facelifts are more aimed towards spoiling the car's look than improving it. May be its just people like me who do not like 'on your face' more chrome on new Hondas, Safari Storme and likes.
Old 31st October 2014, 12:12   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Premium hatch: Getz came first though Swift rules the segment
Compact Sedan: Indigo CS came first but Dzire rules the segment
And if I may add:

Hot hatch: Polo GT TSI, which will rule the segment for the foreseeable future. I don't see MS venturing into this segment, not with their "Kitna Deti Hai?" DNA.

And regarding the facelift, well what can I say? I guess the design department of every car manufacturer in India has a randomly chrome-puking robot that they take around the car every time they want to do a facelift. The DZire was an ugly car to begin with, and I must appreciate the sheer resolve shown by MS to make it uglier. Kudos.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 31st October 2014 at 12:15.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
And if I may add:

Hot hatch: Polo GT TSI, which will rule the segment for the foreseeable future. I don't see MS venturing into this segment, not with their "Kitna Deti Hai?" DNA.
I think Maruti could always give us an option for Swift sport with 1.6 L engine. They have all the means to do that. But then they would not want to reduce the production capacity for a hot selling low powered car to produce a car for niche market.

VW could do that as they have more production capacity than the demand. Maruti may bring a high performance hot hatch when that 'foreseeable future' comes.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:23   #90
BHPian

Any news about facelift launch date yet? Any info on pricing?

Most Viewed