Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 19:50   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
I look forward to the day when some manufacturer can seriously challenge Maruti's domination of the market so that they stop offering these chrome additions as face lifts!
I see Hyundai and Tata Motors to challenge their domination for sure. In the next two years, if Maruti does not up its game with its products, it is sure to lose a big chunk of its market share. But, I don't see them losing their numero uno position though! They know the pulse and the weakness of Indian customer and are really good at converting that to profitable business!
Old 18th February 2015, 20:05   #122
BANNED

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I see Hyundai and Tata Motors to challenge their domination for sure. In the next two years, if Maruti does not up its game with its products, it is sure to lose a big chunk of its market share.
They are trying to counter Maruti for the past 10+ years but without much success. They will continue to do the same, but Maruti knows India better than any other. And Maruti is not sitting idle. They are creating new segments, bringing fuel efficient cars, AMT technology, now the news about affordable hybrid cars and start-stop technology... Let others try for the remaining 50% market share!
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 20:23   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Maruti Swift Dzire Vdi 2015 walkaround

Notice there is no ABS in VDi variant unlike Swift VDi.
There is ABS in VDi. Check the ABS motor inside the engine bay. It is located behind the headlight assembly.

IMO the headlights would have suited swift better than the Dzire. How come no scoop of Z versions? I guess thats where the changes really are.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 21:32   #124
BANNED

Well peoples, here's some news to get people interested. I recently saw a presentation of Suzuki Mild hybrid system that they are bringing to India. Its called ISG, abbreviation for Integrated Starter Generator. The line up of vehicles that would have ISG is not known yet. But, I bet Swift,Dzire, Ciaz, S cross etc would definitely get ISG.
Old 19th February 2015, 10:37   #125
Senior - BHPian

Looks like IAB got the pricing as well for the new Dzire.

2015 Maruti Dzire Facelift Petrol prices -

DZire LXi – Rs. 5.07 lakhs
DZire LXi (O) – Rs. 5.20 lakhs
DZire VXi – Rs. 5.85 lakhs
DZire ZXi – Rs. 6.80 lakhs

2015 Maruti Dzire Facelift Diesel prices -

DZire LDi – Rs. 5.99 lakhs
DZire VDi – Rs. 6.85 lakhs
DZire ZDi – Rs. 7.81 lakhs

[Note – All prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.]

Good pricing IMO.

To summarize the Dzire facelift, the front fascia sees a new chrome grille, a newly-designed bumper with chrome enclosures for the foglights, a new airdam, and smoked clusters for the headlights. Changes on the side of the Dzire facelift would extend only to new alloy wheels.

At the rear, designers have given the Dzire facelift a new bumper which does without the centrally-placed foglight.

Inside, changes are expected to come in the form of a Bluetooth-enabled music system, keyless entry with push-button start and electric folding for the wing mirrors. Note that these feature additions would be reserved for the top-end ZDi/ZXi trims though.

Mechanically, the Dzire facelift could benefit from a 10 percent improvement in its fuel efficiency. Engineers were able to extract more efficiency from the Swift facelift by retuning the petrol engine, and by using a new engine oil for the diesel motor.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/2...-leaked-168702
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 11:38   #126
BANNED

I somehow feel that the new front end looks better than that of the older one. That toy-looking grill is gone, and the lower air dam - fog light cluster combination is much more aggressive.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-2015marutidzirefaceliftwhitefrontdealershipyard.jpg  

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-dscn1765.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th February 2015 at 11:39.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 12:10   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I somehow feel that the new front end looks better than that of the older one. That toy-looking grill is gone, and the lower air dam - fog light cluster combination is much more aggressive.
I agree with you that the new front end looks better but what totally detracts you is that god awful chrome grill!

It looks like they went to the Honda plant nearby and flicked the chrome grill from them!

Imagine the same new bumper but without that chrome grille. So much more pleasing.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 12:54   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Totally agree. They have gone overboard with the chrome, taking a leaf out of Honda's success with Indianization of their cars! In fact, the chrome thing looks out of place and out of sync to me.
Old 19th February 2015, 12:54   #129
Senior - BHPian

Instead of single, thick chrome grill, they should have gone with 2 or 3 chrome stripes like they had in old DZire. That would have looked more classy in this new bumper. 2 Stripes of chrome would have looked more sober and attractive than this City like thick chrome plate.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 13:42   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yikes! Personally, I feel the new front is a disaster. I love the old one though!

As a fellow member mentioned, 2 or 3 thin chrome slats would have been classy than a huge, single, gaudy chrome bar!
Old 19th February 2015, 13:43   #131
Team-BHP Support

If chrome was a must-have in their 'facelift' brief, they could've taken design cues from the Ciaz instead of Honda's horrible shiny mustache.
Old 19th February 2015, 14:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

The earlier scoop was a much better designed facelift and would have been a much better alternative than this City Wannabe!!

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-facelift-dzire.jpg
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 18:42   #133
BHPian

Both the new chrome grills look horrendous, IMO. I'd want to get it painted black or replaced with a custom grill if I buy it. But then they probably got their inspiration from the custom chrome grill some people put :P
Old 19th February 2015, 18:53   #134
BHPian

Just a quick question.

Team-BHP had spied this dezire facelift way back in May'14. Today, as we are about to enter March'15, Dealerships have finally started accepting bookings of the facelifted version.

What could be the reasons for MSIL to hold back the launch of this model for so long?

Some possibilities I could think of :

1. Current generation Dezire selling in really good numbers.
2. Allocation of production facility to the likes of Ciaz and Celerio.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 19th February 2015 at 19:01.
Old 19th February 2015, 23:16   #135
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Swift Dzire 2015 (Z Variant)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks