Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 18:55   #136
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Something like a Bolero meets a Xylo meets a Jeep Cherokee.

The side profile with the rear glass looks odd.Still better than the S cross and the Creta.
tomraven99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 19:26   #137
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

The design is somewhat reminiscent of Quanto (almost horizontal rear & the wheel-on-door).

The name had me up in joy thinking of a mini-XUV 500 (a monocoque chassis) but it's a Ladder-on-Frame one. Also from the spy-shots, it seems like the front design might be slightly borrowed from XUV 500 to give it a more Urban appeal. Not sure if it's the Bolero upgrade or a competitor to Ford EcoSport.

Both the upgrades: Scorpio & XUV 500 have been pleasant. Fingers crossed on this one too.
DevendraG is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 20:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This is the vehicle they Should have equipped with a 4WD. It checks all the right boxes for it otherwise. Its compact, it has 4 doors and a lockable "hard" cabin, wheels set far back into the corners (with almost no overhang).

It will be a shame if this is given just an AWD system without the Low-range.
It isn't getting the AWD system too sadly.

However, they did mention that the platform is compatible with the 4WD system and that future vehicle(s) on the same platform might come equipped with 4WD system.
Old 30th July 2015, 20:22   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This is the vehicle they Should have equipped with a 4WD. It checks all the right boxes for it otherwise. Its compact, it has 4 doors and a lockable "hard" cabin, wheels set far back into the corners (with almost no overhang).

It will be a shame if this is given just an AWD system without the Low-range.
+1. Missed opportunity IMO. But I guess, they maybe worried about overlap with the Thar. The top end could easily cross the Thar CRDe ex-showroom if they were to throw in a 4wd system, ABS and Airbags.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 20:23   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
The design is somewhat reminiscent of Quanto (almost horizontal rear & the wheel-on-door).
Typo, I meant almost vertical rear
Old 30th July 2015, 20:45   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
oh my my! look at the inspiration of this new SUV!! a battle tank!!!
Now I know what TUV stands for - Tank Utility Vehicle!! :-)
Old 30th July 2015, 21:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Now I know what TUV stands for - Tank Utility Vehicle!! :-)
Mahindra Technically said that the "T" in TUV 3 Double O stands for Tough. But yeah, for layman like us, we can call it a Tank (if not a T-Fort)
Old 30th July 2015, 21:18   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1. Missed opportunity IMO. But I guess, they maybe worried about overlap with the Thar. The top end could easily cross the Thar CRDe ex-showroom if they were to throw in a 4wd system, ABS and Airbags.
No, Not the Thar. The Thar will still have its own fan following. Its the Scorpio 4x4 that will feel the heat. But given that a miniscule percentage of Scorpio sells as a 4WD, so they should actually not be bothered about it.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 21:21   #144
BHPian

Like the design lines. Slightly boxy and very much like the yeti. If interiors are at par with xuv and pricing is at duster and creta levels this can surely be a curve ball from mahindra. Add AT, AWD or 4WD and this will be a complete package against Creta.

Hope mahindra designers manage to control their OTT urges at the end after designing something good (case in point new Scorpio tailgate applique)

What a wonderful time for the affordable SUV crossover buyer in India.

1. Duster, Ecosport, Xuv, Scorpio, Creta, SCross already here.

2. Yet to come - TUV and S101 from Mahindra, Suzuki yba and vitara brezza, Hyundai small SUV and Muv on creta platform, VW Taigun, honda hrv, Toyota rush. Spoilt for choice !

3. Not to mention the kiddos flexing their muscles - etios cross, polo cross, aventurra, i20 elite active and the new Renault 'kwid' on the block.

Guess in the next 12 to 18 months we will transform from a hatchback crazy nation to a SUV, MUV and crossover market.

Good forbid if someone now launched a sedan with cladding - Any takers for Honda City Active ?
ashishpotdar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 23:41   #145
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know what the MM marketing guys are smoking?

Some hallucinations must have inspired the marketing guys, few inspirations are posted below.

Looks like a marriage of German TUV certification and Greek 300
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-300__poster_1__2006_.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-welcometo300.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 30th July 2015 at 23:43.
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 00:47   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post
Like the design lines. Slightly boxy and very much like the yeti. If interiors are at par with xuv and pricing is at duster and creta levels this can surely be a curve ball from mahindra. Add AT, AWD or 4WD and this will be a complete package against Creta.

Hope mahindra designers manage to control their OTT urges at the end after designing something good (case in point new Scorpio tailgate applique)

What a wonderful time for the affordable SUV crossover buyer in India.

1. Duster, Ecosport, Xuv, Scorpio, Creta, SCross already here.

2. Yet to come - TUV and S101 from Mahindra, Suzuki yba and vitara brezza, Hyundai small SUV and Muv on creta platform, VW Taigun, honda hrv, Toyota rush. Spoilt for choice !

3. Not to mention the kiddos flexing their muscles - etios cross, polo cross, aventurra, i20 elite active and the new Renault 'kwid' on the block.

Guess in the next 12 to 18 months we will transform from a hatchback crazy nation to a SUV, MUV and crossover market.

Good forbid if someone now launched a sedan with cladding - Any takers for Honda City Active ?
"Honda City Active" LOL!! Scary as it sounds, in our crazy market, I'd never rule out any possibility completely. Although something like a "Mobilio active" seems like a more imaginable. Anyways, let's think of some more such horrid concepts, how about:

#Hyundai Verna Active (hit detected)
#Toyota Corolla Cross ('Premium', anyone? Remember 89 BHP though!!)
#Renault Fluence Stepway (dud detected)
#Mahindra Verito Active/ VUV 2-Double-Oh (This one might even be in the pipeline already!!)
#Tata Zest Grande/Storme/GrandStorme (Lesser said the better!!!!)
#Suzuki (NEXA!!) Ciaz Cross/C-Cross (hit 2.0 detected)
#Volkswagen CrossVento (Cause the Germans can't miss out too long, can they?)
#Skoda Rapid Sport (dud 2.0 detected)
#Skoda Octavia Sport (And I didn't mean Yeti... Or VRS... Though I wish I could...)
#Ford Fiesta Active (Wait, that'd be an EcoSport with a boot!!)
#Chevrolet Sail Active (Warranty schemes detected)
#Volkswagen CrossJetta ('Luxury,' anyone?? Remember 'service', though!!)
#Fiat Lineantura (Cry fanboys, cry!!)
#Nissan Sunny Active (Hello Duster...ugh, er, Terrano!!)
#Renault Scala Stepway (Already obsolete, even before imagining it.. better step-away.)
mukul32 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 05:34   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
"Honda City Active" LOL!! Scary as it sounds, in our crazy market, I'd never rule out any possibility completely. Although something like a "Mobilio active" seems like a more imaginable. Anyways, let's think of some more such horrid concepts, how about:

#Hyundai Verna Active (hit detected)
#Toyota Corolla Cross ('Premium', anyone? Remember 89 BHP though!!)
#Renault Fluence Stepway (dud detected)
#Mahindra Verito Active/ VUV 2-Double-Oh (This one might even be in the pipeline already!!)
#Tata Zest Grande/Storme/GrandStorme (Lesser said the better!!!!)
#Suzuki (NEXA!!) Ciaz Cross/C-Cross (hit 2.0 detected)
#Volkswagen CrossVento (Cause the Germans can't miss out too long, can they?)
#Skoda Rapid Sport (dud 2.0 detected)
#Skoda Octavia Sport (And I didn't mean Yeti... Or VRS... Though I wish I could...)
#Ford Fiesta Active (Wait, that'd be an EcoSport with a boot!!)
#Chevrolet Sail Active (Warranty schemes detected)
#Volkswagen CrossJetta ('Luxury,' anyone?? Remember 'service', though!!)
#Fiat Lineantura (Cry fanboys, cry!!)
#Nissan Sunny Active (Hello Duster...ugh, er, Terrano!!)
#Renault Scala Stepway (Already obsolete, even before imagining it.. better step-away.)
Fiat lineantura and Renault Scala step away .....You had me laughing out so loud my kids woke up and my wife is convinced I've gone bonkers!
Old 31st July 2015, 07:09   #148
BHPian

The TUV300 is less than 4 meters. I did get to see the test vehicle in Chennai and it did look a bit odd with the raised stance and short length. It may not be as bad as a Quanto, but still may not be an ideal one from a look perspective. I sincerely hope Mahindra has done a good job with the interiors and quality aspects.

Hyundai disappointed me with Creta, hope these guys stand up and deliver as promised.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 07:41   #149
BHPian

@Mukul32 Ambassador CROSS, FIAT PADMINI SPORT with 17 inch alloy and 300 mm GC.

As said earlier if the specs and the pricing is correct Mahindra might have one more winner here. But my sense says they have just modified the shape of Quanto. Not sure though.
Old 31st July 2015, 09:27   #150
Senior - BHPian

The side profile reminds me of Evoque. But i appreciate the efforts at Mahindra to bring in more and more small UV s. Nowadays success of a product is not that it should sell 5000 plus each month but consistently sell a decent quantity so that we feel to produce it. On papers it seems to be ok but in flesh ,lets wait and watch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed