Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 22:02   #196
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

I think TUV and the BRV will be worth the watch and comparisons! It will be interesting to see what these two models would offer for the price paid as in an apple to apple comparison. The only catch is BRV is expected early next year.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...eleased/22359/

While the Mahindra Marketing has termed T for Tough, Honda has sorted to extending the B for Bold". The Bold Runabout Vehicle!
Old 6th August 2015, 22:48   #197
BANNED

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

I feel the principal concern for SUV/off-roader enthusiasts will be the path that M&M chooses vis-a-vis the one followed by the soft-roader brigade:-

Whether it will have the revered body-on-ladder-frame structure (with its inherent abuse-friendly ruggedness) of proper SUVs or whether it will go the way of all flesh and choose the monocoque(easier) option of the soft-roaders

And whether it will offer RWD or FWD to start with and later on AWD/4WD.

The fact that it is offered with the uprated Quanto 3-pot 1.5 litre engine is not really an issue. This engine is a gem with its twin-scroll t/charging, super NVH levels and adequate grunt.

I know that if it comes with the above credentials - particularly if it offers RWD as standard - there should be a decent queue for it with yours truly certainly in it!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 01:22   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I ...yours truly certainly in it!

Is there a pun intended or someone with this title "yours truly" that you are referring to is in the queue for sure?

Pardon my understanding of your English! Not a native language of mine !
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 10:57   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Whether it will have the revered body-on-ladder-frame structure (with its inherent abuse-friendly ruggedness) of proper SUVs or whether it will go the way of all flesh and choose the monocoque(easier) option of the soft-roaders
Well, its already common knowledge that the TUV300 is body on frame structure and based on a shortened chassis of the new Scorpio.

Quote:
RWD for sure, with an option of 4WD or AWD in the future, but whether its a proper 4wd with low ratios or XUV like AWD system has to be seen and not confirmed yet.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:06   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know that if it comes with the above credentials - particularly if it offers RWD as standard - there should be a decent queue for it with yours truly certainly in it!
I believe the AWD/4WD is a more important thing to watch out for.
That will show the marketing intent of the manufacturer and thus the image of the vehicle on-road (or off-road).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Is there a pun intended or someone with this title "yours truly" that you are referring to is in the queue for sure?

He means that he will be in the long queue for booking if it comes with RWD
alpha1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:11   #201
BHPian

It is a RWD. The differential in the rear can be seen in some of the pics posted in this thread. I have seen it on NH8 and have seen the rear diff so it definitely is a RWD.
Shreyans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:11   #202
Team-BHP Support

Friend drops the following info:

a. TUV 3OO launch slated for next month.

b. Powered by the mHawk engine and will be based on the monocoque platform.

PS: His information can be trusted knowing whatever info he had passed on for the XUV facelift turned out to be correct. He will be sharing more info once he is at the Chakan plant for the launch this month.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2015 at 11:13.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:29   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Friend drops the following info:

... will be based on the monocoque platform.
Is your friend sure about the monocoque part? Till now everyone was talking about a ladder frame chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I reported what I heard from the horse's mouth since I attended the press conference
Any information regarding this during the press conference?
Old 7th August 2015, 11:34   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
...will be based on the monocoque platform.
Can't be true. The images clearly shows it.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-mahindrau301compactsuvrear.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-mahindrau301compactsuvspyshot3.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:42   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Is your friend sure about the monocoque part? Till now everyone was talking about a ladder frame chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Can't be true. The images clearly shows it.
Shall get that part reconfirmed and will update it here.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:42   #206
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
The fact that it is offered with the uprated Quanto 3-pot 1.5 litre engine is not really an issue. This engine is a gem with its twin-scroll t/charging, super NVH levels and adequate grunt.
Adequate Grunt?..For me, the engine stalled many times on steep climb especially when it is cold.
jp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:54   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post

The OP refers to himself "shashanka".
The meaning conveyed is that he will also be in the queue.
Old 7th August 2015, 13:01   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.5L 3 pot used in Quanto had phenomenal low end driveability, but lacked the top end. If you want it for city usage, it may be great, but highway driving would be nothing great. Hope they have tweaked this engine properly & make it an all rounder.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 13:21   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post

Any information regarding this during the press conference?
It is a Ladder on Frame chassis. More vehicles will be developed on the same platform too.

@Gannu_1 the other information mentioned by your friend was already disclosed at the press conference a few days ago and posted on this thread too

Last edited by amansanc : 7th August 2015 at 13:22.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:40   #210
BHPian

Almost everything about the TUV300 seems to be great, but the engine. The 'mHawk80' is likely to be a 1.5 L unit. If the '80' in 'mHawk80' suggests the power output figure of 80 bhp, then this will translate into mediocre performance. Judging by the looks of the vehicle, it surely looks about 1300 kg (petrol variant might weigh less) vehicle minimum, considering the heavy Quanto has a kerb weight of 1640 kg.

Assuming the TUV300 has 80 bhp of power and kerb weight of 1300 kg, the bhp to ton figure is 61.53 bhp, while the Quanto's bhp is 60.97 bhp. There is not going to be much difference in performance. The TUV's rivals, the Ecosport has a 1.5 L TCDi engine with 95 bhp (updated recently) and the 1.3 S Cross has 90 bhp.

However, what has not yet been revealed is whether the engine is 4 cylinder or 3 cylinder and the displacement.

Last edited by karthick_b : 7th August 2015 at 15:41. Reason: Wrong information
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed