Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 18:15   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I think the tag line 'tank inspired design' has put in some great expectations among the bhpians. Other than that I really don't see anything wrong in the design.

How the car looks is absolutely individuals choice. Looks are subjective. I think we should refrain from hurling bricks and bats on the new cars before they are launched.
Like someone mentioned in the BRV thread, "Looks are subjective" argument is easily passed off for bad designs.

They claimed to have been inspired from a TANK, copied from a dozen cars instead and the end product is far from even resembling a tank remotely.

The proportions are all screwed up. The rear is nothing but a Quanto facelift and the Quanto wasn't a great place to start with.
Old 28th August 2015, 18:19   #422
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

The way I see it, this car MAY look good in person.
The image posted above appers to be streched/Or it might be the lense effect.

I will hold my opinion atleast till proper images come up.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 18:21   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
My personal opinion,
I find the vehicle more like a re-engineered Quanto. Not something I seem to like very much. They lost it after the B-Pillar.
]
+10000 to that. After the initial hype from M & M I was expecting something new. They were very clever in their ad's and teasers by never showing the rear of the car.

Now that TUV300 is given the modified Quantos rear end, not sure the how the refreshed Quanto's rear is going to be
Old 28th August 2015, 18:22   #424
BHPian

The front grill seems almost copied from the Jeep Cherokee.I hope it doesn't invite any lawsuits. M and M is going through a "Jeep" inspiration phase it seems. First with the new Thar interiors and now this.But it does look good.

The first shots seem much better than the initial sketches and the camouflage shots.Not a bad looker but it aint no Mad Max style Tank.
Old 28th August 2015, 18:39   #425
BHPian

First Impression : resembles the quanto too much at the rear. The rear tall & stubby styling is a major downer.. Unlikely to be a hit, as looks will keep folks reminding of the quanto and will keep them away.

As some one mentioned, the proportions do look odd.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 19:25   #426
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
[ATTACH]1408232
Attached find the pics of TUV 300 being tested at Bikaner yesterday. They stopped me from taking pics from inside. The Red one is with 6 speed auto transmission.
Ah.....What a relief! So finally the cat is out of the bag and it doesn't look half bad, does it? I know and understand that the nit-pickers are going to have a field day - after all, who doesn't want to air one's opinion on something as subjective as a new car.

But it is certainly a relief that M&M did not come out with a lemon. After the bad taste the Quanto left in its wake (at least as far as its exterior went), it feels good that the TUV300 cuts the mustard, in the looks department certainly!

Thanks for the pics, i74js.
shashanka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 19:35   #427
BHPian

I feel most of the BIW in the rear is shared with Quanto. I think the tail gate BIW is the same as Quanto. So it might have many things from Quanto as platform sharing.
Old 28th August 2015, 20:21   #428
BHPian

I thought long and hard as to how to pen my thoughts. I think best summed up IMHO as "lost opportunity".

Mahindra could have easily made this the "affordable Renegade". Alas, looks like the quirkiness doesn't end just with the name!!
Old 28th August 2015, 20:40   #429
BHPian

The black coloured one looks like a WagonR. Is it just me or are there others who agree? Overall though looks like a prey good vehicle for driving inside town.
Old 28th August 2015, 20:46   #430
BHPian

Is this the next-generation Mahindra Bolero (U301)? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300

I guess I am among the few guys who feels that it looks terrible. Either they overdo it as in XUV and Scorpio or make wierd boxy stuff like this. Hope it looks better in person and is dynamically good.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 28th August 2015 at 20:48.
Old 28th August 2015, 20:47   #431
BHPian

After a very long time, M&M has not overdone the styling... After the overkill of the new Scorpio and XUV...this one looks smart..

Of late their styling were drifting to being plasticky...like DC styled cars ....but this might just about look better.

Anyway if they can launch it with an AMT and price it less than the Ertiga, It might sell well. Provided it has a decent kmpl figure.
Valkyrie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 21:06   #432

Front Grill and Bonnet looks good.... Good Stance.
But looks like styling team at M&M dozed off while designing the rear!! An eye soar!!
Even the spare wheel cover has been spoilt.
Old 28th August 2015, 21:27   #433
BHPian

Is this the next-generation Mahindra Bolero (U301)? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I guess I am among the few guys who feels that it looks terrible. Either they overdo it as in XUV and Scorpio or make wierd boxy stuff like this. Hope it looks better in person and is dynamically good.

You are not the only one, I too feel it is one ugly contraption. Only M&M can make designs as ugly as this.
Old 28th August 2015, 21:29   #434

Unfortunately we all want the Desi Companies to innovate, build tough, provide all bells and whistles but give it to us for free... We will set the sales chart burning for all ugly ducklings from all Manufacturers (How many good looking cars do we really have that are best sellers too - hardly any). This product has been speculated and compared with what not. IMHO everyone has the right to give opinion BUT please do not kill something that has not seen the daylight yet. Our poor mentality of promoting PHOREN and ridiculing DESI has been at its best here. Please do not get offended... What Tata and Mahindra have tried no other manufacturer has. We happily are paying 10+ lacs for Cretas and Dusters but want the Indian Brands to give equally competitive vehicles at half the price. (My First Post in 7 Yrs).
LakraChauhan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 21:33   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Pretty much a reflection of what I felt about this design. I don't hate boxy designs as long as they are done tastefully (particularly pointing to Land Rover Defender styling).

I would have liked it better if the rear didn't have an abrupt ending towards its rear. I understand that everyone will have very varied subjective opinions on such things but to me, as far as the side profile is concerned, the front promises a more substantial rear whereas here it just seems to end without fulfilling that promise.

I think the competition has better to offer, at least when it comes to looks.

Looking forward to the official Team-BHP review!
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks