Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 22:39   #1096
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I have also bitten the bullet, booked a TUV3OO - TS (manual) today morning.

I will be getting the delivery of my TUV by Diwali (or may be before that if I am lucky)
Whoa!! Unexpected!! from a MUV to a mini- SUV. Congratulations AutoIndian!

What made you consider the TUV300?

The TUV is not a photogenic car. Looks way better, actually quite brilliant in person that what pictures suggest.

So T8 costs less than 10l on-road in Pune. Quite a steal! Looking forward to your ownership report.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 23:13   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Though a bit late, please accept my congratulations CAPTAIN REX. I have also bitten the bullet, booked a TUV3OO - TS (manual) today morning.
Congrats! Where have you booked it from - Kundan, Silver Jubilee or Sahyadri?

EDIT: What happened to the Ertiga plans?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 19th October 2015 at 23:15.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 00:17   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Whoa!! Unexpected!! from a MUV to a mini- SUV. Congratulations AutoIndian!

What made you consider the TUV300?

The TUV is not a photogenic car. Looks way better, actually quite brilliant in person that what pictures suggest.

So T8 costs less than 10l on-road in Pune. Quite a steal! Looking forward to your ownership report.
Actually on Sunday I had gone to the Silver Jubilee showroom to check out the XUV W4. I just thought of checking the TUV. I liked its stance, the interiors, space on offer. Asked for a test drive and immediately got one of the AMT. The pull, low end torque just blew me away. The 1.5, 3 potter is quite capable of pulling this 1.6 tonner and It dismissed the pot holes like they never existed. The steering felt precise and quite chunky to hold. Today morning I had a test drive along with whole family, Dad's go ahead sealed the deal. Yes T8 on road is just under 10 lacs in Pune, that is really a steal deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Congrats! Where have you booked it from - Kundan, Silver Jubilee or Sahyadri?

EDIT: What happened to the Ertiga plans?

Cheers,
Vikram
I booked it at Silver Jubilee. Apparently it seems the other two dealers dont have a display car, leave aside a TD car. I guess the Ertiga was not destined to be in my garage.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 10:45   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian

Though a bit late, please accept my congratulations CAPTAIN REX. I have also bitten the bullet, booked a TUV3OO - TS (manual) today morning.
Hearty Congrats AutoIndian!
I am loving the looks and the road presence of the TUV.

Congrats to Captain REX too! Excellent decision and the car looks great in black. Eagerly awaiting your ownership thread as well as the official Team BHP review.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 11:52   #1100
Senior - BHPian

the TUV 300 middle model is displayed at Taramani (Ascendas) . Those interested may look at it. It is a red T6 I guess.
Old 20th October 2015, 12:17   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
I booked it at Silver Jubilee. Apparently it seems the other two dealers dont have a display car, leave aside a TD car. I guess the Ertiga was not destined to be in my garage.
Congrats !
Sahyadri motors has some problem with M&M and hence they are not selling TUVs.
My experience with Kundan was different they had AMT as well manual for TD. In fact I test drove AMT thrice.
I booked white T8 AMT last Tuesday and will get it for Dussehra. At the time of booking dealer told me 2 months waiting for AMT but yesterday got call and car is allotted and I am not complaining.
silverknight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 13:26   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Congrats !
Sahyadri motors has some problem with M&M and hence they are not selling TUVs.
My experience with Kundan was different they had AMT as well manual for TD. In fact I test drove AMT thrice.
I booked white T8 AMT last Tuesday and will get it for Dussehra. At the time of booking dealer told me 2 months waiting for AMT but yesterday got call and car is allotted and I am not complaining.
Many congratulations to you too silverknight. Gives some assurance that a fellow TBHPian from Pune has taken the jump on the TUV "tank"wagon . Good to know that Kundan Motors too have the TUV3OO for test drive and ready delivery. You are indeed very lucky, to get your car in 9 days flat after booking. Hope I can be at least half lucky as you. Good choice, white T8 AMT. Absolute value for money. I loved the AMT after test driving it two times. There are only two drawbacks as mentioned in my earlier post, car not moving in first gear, unless you press the accelerator and car not moving when reverse gear is engaged, unless you press the accelerator. Do let me know how you plan to overcome these, otherwise the AMT is simply superb to drive and offers a lot of convenience.

For me too the dealer mentioned 1.5 to 2 months for AMT delivery. Since I wanted the car before Diwali, I went ahead with manual. He however mentioned that if an AMT of my choice becomes available before Diwali, he can allocate that to me.

Note: I am sending you my contact details in private message. Do share yours please.

Edit: Please share with us your booking experience and the break-up of onroad price.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 20th October 2015 at 13:31.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:18   #1103
BHPian

Congratulations AutoIndian and silverknight on your TUV.
Wishing you both peaceful and trouble free ownership experience. The TUV is absolute VFM whichever variant you pick. Pls do share your buying experience and ownership reviews.

silverknight, did you consider the Zest AMT as well? Zest is 1 lac lesser than TUV, but then TUV is an SUV and offers the flexibility of additional seats. Just wanted to know.
Cheers

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 20th October 2015 at 15:22.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:21   #1104
BHPian

@autoindian
So here is my story ...

I own a Figo which I bought about 5.5 years ago and last year I was thinking about getting Bolero for myself. But leaf spring suspension and spartan interiors made me not go that way.

When Ecosport was launched I really loved it but cramped 2nd second was a deal breaker for me. So I thought I will continue using my Figo for couple of more years and then switch. But off late my left knee has started troubling me whenever I use my car for more than 20 kms in traffic, diesel clutch are hard. I tried changing the way I was engaging the clutch but didn't help and at that point I knew I have to get a automatic sooner or later.

And then in late Aug heard about the launch of TUV 300 and learnt they will have AMT.
I was actively following this thread and weighing pros and cons specific to me. And this is what I concluded
Pros:
- AMT - loved the fact with flick I can switch to manual
- Spacious, it is 5 + 2 (kids). Didn't really need a 7 seater
- Needed a crossover/SUV cause my use is semi-urban. My old Figo has seen paddy fields, sugarcane fields up close and scrapped underneath umpteen times.
- Amazing low end torque
- My parents will be happier with ingress/egress in SUV than a sedan
- Low NVH
- It is sub-4 meter car, couple of weeks I used friend's Innova without any co-passenger and thought it was too big a car if commuting alone.
- Steering is on heavy side but I would prefer it to electronic assisted one (I drove friend's Rapid for few days) and the steering has good feedback

Cons:
- Low power, but I rarely go over 100kmph. I see myself driving 100+ only on expressway but then I prefer luxury of Shivneri + local Mumbai autos.
- Missing comfort of sedan at same price point. But space, ground clearance, not having to sit down into car outweighed this aspect.
- Hill assist control will be sorely missed in this AMT. I will need to manage somehow with manual mode 1st gear and hand brake.

I visited Kundan motors, the sales rep was helpful and I was able to TD the car on main road as well as parking lot nearby with lots of holes. I decided to book the car immediately but sales rep couldn't give a good answer about tentative delivery date.

After a week or so I went to same dealer with cheque but he said delivery will be in Dec. So I thought of booking the car later and get 2016 make and registered car. Plus my friend insisted that I try his Rapid and take a call whether I really needed a SUV, which made sense.

I tried his car and came with my final decision based on points listed above. And visited the dealer last Tuesday. He guaranteed I will get the car in 2nd week of Jan or last week of Nov ,whatever I prefer. But we will avoid getting a Dec model.

I had even visited Silver Jubilee motors and they also said 3 months waiting for AMT.
So after booking the car I just forgot about it cause I assumed Jan was the earliest practical date.

And I got a call from dealer that they can deliver by Thursday. So now following it up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
\

silverknight, did you consider the Zest AMT as well? Zest is 1 lac lesser than TUV, but then TUV is an SUV and offers the flexibility of additional seats. Just wanted to know.
Cheers
Thanks Karthik !

Not Zest but I did consider Skoda Rapid. But then sedan as category didn't seem to fit my requirements.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th October 2015 at 16:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
silverknight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 16:51   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Congratulations AutoIndian and silverknight on your TUV.
Wishing you both peaceful and trouble free ownership experience. The TUV is absolute VFM whichever variant you pick. Pls do share your buying experience and ownership reviews.
Thank you for your wishes Karthik Chandra, desperately need those. We are taking a gamble of going for an altogether new Mahindra car for which even the TBHP official review is not out yet. I assume the TUV has undergone very rigorous testing by Mahindra and they might have sorted out all the issues before the car started to roll out from the production line. In case if there are some still left then I hope the after sales service takes good care of addressing those.

The TUV indeed offers tremendous value proposition. It has the same hydroformed chassis that is used in the new Scorpio (both have the same wheelbase of 2680mm). The top end TUV-T8 is 4.5 lakhs cheaper than the Scorpio-S10 (2WD). The Scorpio offers additional space in the jump seats and has a bigger engine, good top end. However the interiors of the TUV are far better and welcoming than the Scorpio. Obviously the lower excise duty helps TUVs case, but even then Mahindra has left a lot of value on the table and not priced this SUV exorbitantly high like the competition.

Quote:
Cheers
I had tested the Zest AMT extensively (around 25kms on bad roads). It holds up well are that too is a real value for money. If your running is primarily going to be in the city (read good roads) and 4 or max 5 people, then the Zest makes a strong case. It has additional features like the projectors, DRLs, Harmon Kardon HUD etc. But then if you want to carry 2-3 extra people occasionally or more luggage or hit remote areas (villages, mountains, no roads), then there is no option but to go for the TUV. This "anywhere go" capability, with a rear wheel drive, robust, rugged built was the deal clincher for me.
Old 20th October 2015, 18:04   #1106
BHPian

TUV300 emerges out as a 2nd Best selling car in its segment in the month of September 2015 selling over 4300 units, overtaking Ford Ecosport sales of 3142 units but still short of Hyundai Creta, which is truly a segment leader with sales of 7320 units.

Info source: http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...ne-012184.html
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 19:05   #1107
BHPian

Hearty congratulations to Captain Rex, AutoIndian and Silvernight!

Please update the thread regularly, so that it help other members like me who are confused and waiting over the boundary line for a good feedback before putting their money on this vehicle, thanks.
sallubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 19:24   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Dear Moderators, we are into the second month after the launch of TUV3OO (If I am not wrong it was launched on 10th Sep 2015). We are yet to see the official TBHP review, neither we have any indication when it can see the light of the day. In normal circumstances I would have waited for the official review, gone through each and every line and only then booked the car. But since I am car-less and I liked the TUV3OO after the three test drives that I took along with family, I have gone ahead and taken the risk to book it.

Though I am satisfied with the NVH levels of its 3 potter heart, I have been hearing that the NVH issues are not completely sorted out. Hence it becomes all the more important for me to go through the review before making the balance payment (already locked Rs 25K as the booking amount).

At least give us an indication when the official review of TUV3OO will be published.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:37   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Moderators, we are into the second month after the launch of TUV3OO (If I am not wrong it was launched on 10th Sep 2015). We are yet to see the official TBHP review, neither we have any indication when it can see the light of the day. In normal circumstances I would have waited for the official review, gone through each and every line and only then booked the car. But since I am car-less and I liked the TUV3OO after the three test drives that I took along with family, I have gone ahead and taken the risk to book it.

Though I am satisfied with the NVH levels of its 3 potter heart, I have been hearing that the NVH issues are not completely sorted out. Hence it becomes all the more important for me to go through the review before making the balance payment (already locked Rs 25K as the booking amount).

At least give us an indication when the official review of TUV3OO will be published.
You were following Ertiga mainly I guess. Not sure how you changed the decision to TUV 300. I am not saying its bad but Ertiga is better in my opinion. New one has lots of features and is more sophisticated car than TUV. If you want for rough use then go for TUV 300, but your main intention is for city use and want trouble free service, then go for Ertiga. I personally saw TUV 300, I liked it also but not so much that I will buy it over Ertiga. Its my opinion, you can take your decision. All the best
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 20:08   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
You were following Ertiga mainly I guess. Not sure how you changed the decision to TUV 300. I am not saying its bad but Ertiga is better in my opinion. New one has lots of features and is more sophisticated car than TUV. If you want for rough use then go for TUV 300, but your main intention is for city use and want trouble free service, then go for Ertiga. I personally saw TUV 300, I liked it also but not so much that I will buy it over Ertiga. Its my opinion, you can take your decision. All the best
You are right Aniketi. I was really looking forward to the Ertiga SHVS. However the uncertainty of its launch, here in Pune and the more uncertainty about getting the first lot of cars, really put me off. I wanted to go only for that car, which I would get before Diwali. Moreover I wanted a rear wheel drive car, which can carry additional loads with ease and would be abuse friendly. The TUV fitted the bill to the "T". Hence the choice.

It is not just you, but our dear friend Parag also felt that the Ertiga is better than the TUV for my requirements. I agree the facelift has lots of features and is more sophisticated car than TUV. Also no doubt the service and maintenance would be anyday better for the Ertiga than the TUV. Some decisions are taken by heart as the head thinks too much. A single test drive of the TUV just blew me away and it won my heart.

I really appreciate Parag who wrote to me in private (I hope Parag you don't mind me making it public) and made me aware of the limitations of the TUV. The TUV has a very flat or rather lower than mediocre performance around 100 KMPH and get worse above that. Tried and tested and many agree on the same. He also requested me to drive it between 100 and 110 and check it out for myself.

I agree with him 101%. TUV has not so good top end, but has enough grunt at low end. It has excellent driveability and tractability. I took three extensive test drives (two with family) before committing to the TUV3OO. I agree TUV will struggle to go beyond 100 kmph. This may become cumbersome for long interstate trips (like Parag quite often does). To be honest I may venture on trips like these only once in a while, whereas my regular (read week end trips) would most likely be in nearby remote areas, hills etc, not to mention that 80% of the driving will be within city (for home to office commutes). For such type of requirements, I needed a rugged vehicle, with very good low end torque, most importantly a rear wheel drive, would not buckle under load. The TUV3OO is meeting most of my above requirements.

Believe me reaching to the tonne mark brings a wide grin on your face, such is the pulling power of this beast. I have driven the Scorpio, Innova, Lodgy, Mobilio and Ertiga. When each of these cars are driven with full load, the TUV will simply surge ahead of each one of these to the tonne mark, may not be a match for the XUV though. That said beyond 100kmph, it won't be able to catch up with most of the above cars. I am OK with that for my kind of driving requirements.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks