Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2014, 23:59   #16
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh

BMW India has launched a new base variant for the X5 luxury SUV called ‘Expedition’ priced at Rs. 64.9 lakhs which is 6 lakhs cheaper than the standard X5 launched earlier this year!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-389497.aspx
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 04:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
BMW India has launched a new base variant for the X5 luxury SUV called ‘Expedition’ priced at Rs. 64.9 lakhs which is 6 lakhs cheaper than the standard X5 launched earlier this year!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-389497.aspx
Now the X5 has finally arrived! The intial pricing was confusing as it was in between the ML and GL however this pricing has matched that of the ML350CDi.

I reckon, the X5 is a better buy than the ML350 as it's bigger and hence should be more spacious too. Although I don't think the x5 is a great looker but yet will command better road presence than the Merc thanks to it's size, rugged and mean look.

I wish they had not deleted the LED head lamps that are now standard on even the base 5 series. The exterior dynamic package also should have remained.

Audi better hurry up with the new Q7! And JLR better wake up and smell the coffee, the RR sport needs some serious price correction.
Old 30th July 2014, 23:26   #18
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Review by Motorbeam of the top end X5. Costs Rs 87.50 lakhs OTR, Mumbai.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/bmw-x5...-drive-review/
Old 2nd December 2015, 07:43   #19
Team-BHP Support

Newer Variant of X5 with M Kit is being released shortly , expected to be priced about 5 lac extra , it should have dynamic display and rear seat entertainment on similar lines as in 530-D .
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Newer Variant of X5 with M Kit is being released shortly , expected to be priced about 5 lac extra , it should have dynamic display and rear seat entertainment on similar lines as in 530-D .
A friend his new m5 kitted with the M kit from the dealer for 4 lakhs earlier this year. This included the entire exterior kit including wheels, bumper body kit etc. I guess the dynamic display and rear seat entertainment would be worth that extra lakh.

BMW is probably launching this to attack the new Q7 at it's launch
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 19:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes , they want to keep this alive , but will Audi able to launch Q7 given the fiasco ?

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd December 2015 at 19:57.
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:00   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
A friend his new m5 kitted with the M kit from the dealer for 4 lakhs earlier this year. This included the entire exterior kit including wheels, bumper body kit etc. I guess the dynamic display and rear seat entertainment would be worth that extra lakh.

The M kit for the X5 has apparently been very popular, hence the decision to launch it as a variant. It also looks great with the M kit.

With this launch, I expect them to add a heads up display too.
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I expect them to add a heads up display too.
looks they have listened to you , added
Old 9th March 2017, 16:44   #24
BHPian

I couldn't find an Official Team-Bhp review of the current gen X5.

We were planning to buy it soon and are looking at the second variant i.e. DPE (Design Pure Excellence)

Could a senior Bhpian please just write a "What you'll like" & "What you won't" pointers in the manner that all official reviews start? It's always been the most helpful 10-15 lines while considering a car

Also, does anyone know when the next gen is coming out? Some websites say its 2018, but if it's like January 2018 then I might reconsider buying now

Thank you
Old 9th March 2017, 18:41   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
I couldn't find an Official Team-Bhp review of the current gen X5.

We were planning to buy it soon and are looking at the second variant i.e. DPE (Design Pure Excellence)

Could a senior Bhpian please just write a "What you'll like" & "What you won't" pointers in the manner that all official reviews start? It's always been the most helpful 10-15 lines while considering a car

Also, does anyone know when the next gen is coming out? Some websites say its 2018, but if it's like January 2018 then I might reconsider buying now

Thank you
The X5 is yet to get a facelift model (lci in BMW terms), so a new generation is at least 4 years away. Its possible the facelift will come next year.

What you will like -
- Great discounts this month, up to 11 lacs.
- Being a BMW an excellent SUV in terms of driving pleasure.
- Spacious interiors
- Feature packed

What you won't like -
- Ride not as good as the GLE, etc
- In the 7 seater the last row is useless and misses out on a spare

Overall a great car, quite an all rounder.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 18:59   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We were planning to buy it soon and are looking at the second variant
Big Boy Toys have some 2015 Late X5 models, at around 60 Lac Ex-Showroom registered Daman/ Diu. But if you are serious you can haggle. Apparently, they bought 10-15 from some dealer or company. These are brand new with Zero KM. I checked casually last Sunday when I was passing by.

Quote:
so a new generation is at least 4 years away. It's possible the facelift will come next year
I believe they are skipping LCI for this and will launch a complete new X5 sometime in 2019-20 which will be based on X7 chassis.

Quote:
What you'll like
If you are looking at something for self-driving, nothing comes close. Think it more like a higher 530-D. Rear comfort is also ok but the fun is for the one on driver seat

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th March 2017 at 19:00.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 20:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

If you are looking at something for self-driving, nothing comes close. Think it more like a higher 530-D. Rear comfort is also ok but the fun is for the one on driver seat
Yes self driving. Test drove and totally loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The X5 is yet to get a facelift model (lci in BMW terms), so a new generation is at least 4 years away. Its possible the facelift will come next year.

What you will like -
- Great discounts this month, up to 11 lacs.
- Being a BMW an excellent SUV in terms of driving pleasure.
- Spacious interiors
- Feature packed

What you won't like -
- Ride not as good as the GLE, etc
- In the 7 seater the last row is useless and misses out on a spare

What I'll Like-
- Dealer here in Mumbai has quoted 8 lacs discount OTR. Any suggestions or contacts of sales execs at any dealership???
- Interiors are indeed very spacious and with the panoramic sunroof feel even more open
- Feature packed otherwise, BUT No HUD in DPE

What I won't like-
- Fortunately, we're looking at the 5 seater
- Fortunately, I drive a 2014 fortuner AT currently, so my 'ride' quality standards & expectations are very very low

We took a test drive of the GLE 250 as well. Didn't like it in any way at all when compared to X5 DPE. Can't stretch for the 350 because even this X5 DPE is a stretch and we are still contemplating

Thank you both for the quick replies
Old 9th March 2017, 20:14   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
We took a test drive of the GLE 250 as well. Didn't like it in any way at all when compared to X5 DPE. Can't stretch for the 350 because even this X5 DPE is a stretch and we are still contemplating

Thank you both for the quick replies

If self driven then yes the X5 is unbeatable. GLE doesn't compare, not even the 350d. You should definitely get more than 8 lacs off on road. You can call Infinity Worli, and ask for Winston. He has repeatedly been great with many purchases from there.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 21:42   #29
BHPian

Having owned a X5 for a year and having driven it for close to 15k kms I can safely recommend you to buy this SUV. It has a beast of an engine with a super fast and smooth auto tranny. You feel the size in the city but out on the highway it just shrinks around you. It doesn't have the tank like build of the GLE though. And ride can be a bit bumpy on poorly laid roads. And as already mentioned the biggest plus if you buy the 5 seater is the space saver sits hidden under the boot floor.
surgvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 18:54   #30
BHPian

Now we're major confused between the DPE and the M-Sport. There's a price difference of 7 lacs and apart from the exterior changes (which we don't very much care about honestly), theres only the steering and HUD difference; the HUD being the most luring point.
Also, M-Sport misses the MID

Any other advice on this dillema?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks