Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 19:34   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
Now we're major confused between the DPE and the M-Sport. There's a price difference of 7 lacs and apart from the exterior changes (which we don't very much care about honestly), theres only the steering and HUD difference; the HUD being the most luring point.
Also, M-Sport misses the MID

Any other advice on this dillema?
If you don't care about the exterior differences, then the DPE is a no brainer. The HUD is very useful, but the MID just adds that special touch to the interior. Also the 7 lac difference is a lot (must be more after the discount though right?).

I'd say take the DPE, its got a nice set of rims too now.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 19:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
If you don't care about the exterior differences, then the DPE is a no brainer. The HUD is very useful, but the MID just adds that special touch to the interior. Also the 7 lac difference is a lot (must be more after the discount though right?).

I'd say take the DPE, its got a nice set of rims too now.
Indeed the rims are way better on the DPE!
Even my gut feeling is pushing me towards the DPE but since we're talking about this, I just came across an HUD called 'Navdy' on the internet. Is it - or anything like it - any good to explore 3rd party HUDs?

Also, even though we have given a booking cheque today, I was just wondering whether there's any other car you would recommend?
Except the GLE of course because feeling didn't come
And not even the GLS because again, apart from the size, there is no feeling of driving something so expensive.
Old 10th March 2017, 19:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Indeed the rims are way better on the DPE!
Even my gut feeling is pushing me towards the DPE but since we're talking about this, I just came across an HUD called 'Navdy' on the internet. Is it - or anything like it - any good to explore 3rd party HUDs?

Also, even though we have given a booking cheque today, I was just wondering whether there's any other car you would recommend?
Except the GLE of course because feeling didn't come
And not even the GLS because again, apart from the size, there is no feeling of driving something so expensive.
Third party HUDs are never as good as the proper one. That said, with the MID and its fancy graphics I doubt you will miss the HUD at all.

GLE in my opinion is not as nice for driving yourself. The ride will be better (air suspension all around), but the X5 30d is much more fun to drive.

I would recommended you continue with this.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 16:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
That said, with the MID and its fancy graphics I doubt you will miss the HUD at all.
Confusion between DPE and M-Sport continues; now leaning in favour of the M-Sport, but now we've got a couple of days to decide because of Holi

The 'Build your BMW' feature on BMW's India website says that even the M-Sport has the MID (Multifunction Instrument display). Can anyone confirm this? Dealership told me it doesn't have it

Also, the brochure says that the M-Sport has an 'Adaptive M suspension with specifically tuned dynamic damper control and air suspension'? Can someone please elaborate what this is and whether this is better than the suspension of the DPE?

Also, does anyone know what is 'Individual Headliner Anthracite'? Apparently the M-Sport has it (as read on the Build your BMW feature)
Old 12th March 2017, 19:14   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
M-Sport has the MID
It should have, perhaps Dealer has old stocks, I think BMW added MID somewhere in Sep/ October last year.

Quote:
'Individual Headliner Anthracite
It's a different kind of headliner - Black. Looks nice if you are going with Ivory or lighter interiors. Go for Carbon Metallic + Ivory interior on M. You won't repent.

Quote:
Adaptive M suspension with specifically tuned dynamic damper control and air suspension'
Even regular X5 will have Rear Air suspension. I have not driven DPE so can't comment, perhaps you can drive both back to back. But this won't be Dynamic/ Comfort Adaptive suspension which is definitely different and a cost option overseas( not available in India!)
Attached Thumbnails
Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-screen-shot-20170312-7.14.09-pm.png  

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 23:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I would recommended you continue with this.
I'm going ahead with the purchase but need a little help from you please. I saw your older posts and found you've written to PM you in this thread - 'Incredible Service by BMW Infinity Worli'. I wanted to talk to you regarding that but can't figure out how to send a personal message. Maybe it is because I do not have enough permissions on the forum. Please PM me if you can or tell me how I can contact you regarding this. Thank you very much
crazy_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 08:06   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm going ahead with the purchase but need a little help from you please. I saw your older posts and found you've written to PM you in this thread - 'Incredible Service by BMW Infinity Worli'. I wanted to talk to you regarding that but can't figure out how to send a personal message. Maybe it is because I do not have enough permissions on the forum. Please PM me if you can or tell me how I can contact you regarding this. Thank you very much
If you go to my profile here, there should be an option to email me. You can use that.
Old 13th March 2017, 13:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry i read your posts a little late, i would've loved to help you out here. I also tried to PM you but apparently, you don't have those permissions yet.

Hope you wringed them well for the discount! They loosen their wallets very slowly, hoping that people will immediately be happy with the 8 lakhs discount and open their cheque books.

A business associate of mine got a very good deal on the DPE some 4-5 months back.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 01:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Sorry i read your posts a little late, i would've loved to help you out here. I also tried to PM you but apparently, you don't have those permissions yet.

Hope you wringed them well for the discount! They loosen their wallets very slowly, hoping that people will immediately be happy with the 8 lakhs discount and open their cheque books.

A business associate of mine got a very good deal on the DPE some 4-5 months back.
Thank you very much!
We've decided on M-Sport and getting a quote in the morning, let's see after that.

Could someone also tell me if the tyre sizes or the width of DPE vs M-Sport is different? I'm comparing them in 2 separate windows on the 'Build your BMW and when I see the rear of the car, the tyres as well as the width of the car looks different, M-Sport being bigger obviously.
Old 14th March 2017, 12:17   #40
BHPian

The DPE model comes with 255/55/R18 tyres all around. My car is on good year run flats and I'm pretty satisfied with their overall performance and comfort. I do feel 19 inch tyres might compromise the ride comfort and the low profile tyres might be prone for damage. Not sure though.
surgvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 13:08   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Now we're major confused between the DPE and the M-Sport. There's a price difference of 7 lacs and apart from the exterior changes (which we don't very much care about honestly), theres only the steering and HUD difference; the HUD being the most luring point.
Also, M-Sport misses the MID

Any other advice on this dillema?
The big differences in my opinion between DPE and M-Sport are
1. The wheel design on M-Sport are much better and diff than on DPE. (19 vs 18 inch too). I personally dislike the DPE wheels
2. Exterior changes (you said you did not really care..so that's ok)
3. Dynamic display (Digital Display instead of the Analog on DPE)
4. The steering and a diff suspension even though not sure what is the difference
5. Wider tires in the rear vs Front on M-sport which makes the stance different and looks like a wider X5 from the back

Since you are also looking at GLE350d, the merc ride quality is supreme and the extra torque is really felt on the highway 560Nm vs 620Nm. The quality of the interior in the Merc is much better in my opinion as well. Just compare the engine release switch in BMW vs Merc and you will see what I mean. Overall interiors are cleanly laid (minimal) in BMW.

Since you could get DPE On Road in high 70s after heavy negotiation..you could potentially look at M-Sport for a few Lacs more. GLE350d could be negotiated to the same price as DPE.

From an off road prowess...do know that BMW calls X5 as Sport Activity Vehicle while the Merc refers to GLE as a SUV.

Hope I confused you enough with the differences
GS-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 01:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
The DPE model comes with 255/55/R18 tyres all around. My car is on good year run flats and I'm pretty satisfied with their overall performance and comfort. I do feel 19 inch tyres might compromise the ride comfort and the low profile tyres might be prone for damage. Not sure though.
Even the DPE comes with 19 in the newer models so no choice there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post
The big differences in my opinion between DPE and M-Sport are
1. The wheel design on M-Sport are much better and diff than on DPE. (19 vs 18 inch too). I personally dislike the DPE wheels
2. Exterior changes (you said you did not really care..so that's ok)
3. Dynamic display (Digital Display instead of the Analog on DPE)
4. The steering and a diff suspension even though not sure what is the difference
5. Wider tires in the rear vs Front on M-sport which makes the stance different and looks like a wider X5 from the back

Since you are also looking at GLE350d, the merc ride quality is supreme and the extra torque is really felt on the highway 560Nm vs 620Nm. The quality of the interior in the Merc is much better in my opinion as well. Just compare the engine release switch in BMW vs Merc and you will see what I mean. Overall interiors are cleanly laid (minimal) in BMW.

Since you could get DPE On Road in high 70s after heavy negotiation..you could potentially look at M-Sport for a few Lacs more. GLE350d could be negotiated to the same price as DPE.

From an off road prowess...do know that BMW calls X5 as Sport Activity Vehicle while the Merc refers to GLE as a SUV.

Hope I confused you enough with the differences
Good try but too late now. We took a test drive of the 250 but as I said, "feeling nahi aayi". X5 has one this round

The dynamic display is there on DPE too now.

Even I don't understand when they say the 'M-Steering', whether it means that just the shape of the steering is different or even the functionality. Maybe someone here could tell.

Wider tyres - again, stance aside, how does this affect the functionality?

Off-road never happens. Even outside of Bombay rarely happens.
Old 16th March 2017, 02:42   #43
BHPian

And now that we've finally decided on M-Sport, we are super confused about the colour.
Carbon black vs Alpine White.
Apparently, the grey colour is not being made as of now. Maybe because of this fact, but I'm somehow liking the grey best from the pictures.

Anyway, there's confusion because the Carbon Black is actually a very dark blue. We love black but blue we aren't very sure of blue. Don't recollect seeing one on road, nor does any dealer have one to show. The dealers are all very lazy; one sent me pics of a Carbon Black 7 series in a light which makes it look jet black, one sent me pictures of an Imperial blue 5 series and claimed it was definitely Carbon Black.

I just managed to see 2 pictures of it here on Team-BHP on the 'BMW at Auto Expo 2016' thread.

Could someone please help me with some pictures (in normal exterior lighting) or links to threads on team-BHP or some other website where I can see what the X5 Carbon Black actually looks like??

Thank you
Old 16th March 2017, 14:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
And now that we've finally decided on M-Sport, we are super confused about the colour.
Carbon black vs Alpine White.
Apparently, the grey colour is not being made as of now. Maybe because of this fact, but I'm somehow liking the grey best from the pictures.

Anyway, there's confusion because the Carbon Black is actually a very dark blue. We love black but blue we aren't very sure of blue. Don't recollect seeing one on road, nor does any dealer have one to show. The dealers are all very lazy; one sent me pics of a Carbon Black 7 series in a light which makes it look jet black, one sent me pictures of an Imperial blue 5 series and claimed it was definitely Carbon Black.

I just managed to see 2 pictures of it here on Team-BHP on the 'BMW at Auto Expo 2016' thread.

Could someone please help me with some pictures (in normal exterior lighting) or links to threads on team-BHP or some other website where I can see what the X5 Carbon Black actually looks like??

Thank you
Google is your best friend. Or you can search for "Carbon black picture thread" on some BMW forums. I'm sure you could something there.

Personally, i'd go with Carbon Black just to stand out from the crowd. Carbon Black is only offered on the M Sport versions of the 5, 7 and X5, so it's kind of an exclusive color. Think BMW Individual for India since they can't be bothered to offer us that in India. But this is purely a personal choice.

Just remember, Carbon Black will require a LOT of TLC to keep it looking awesome!

Also, i hope you've TD'd the M sport because it does have a harsher ride than the DPE, not to mention, you're going to have to use the car with kid gloves thanks to the bigger wheels, which might be taxing on the tyres.

Cheers.

Last edited by venom_op : 16th March 2017 at 14:03. Reason: Adding some info
Old 16th March 2017, 19:36   #45
BHPian

Hey Rahul, if you dont mind, would you share the final ex showroom price you got for your booking. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks