Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 01:15   #91
BHPian

Re: Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh

Thanks for all the inputs guys .
Is there a way to get surround camera and apple car play in the current gen X5 as an upgrade or some other way without voiding warranty?
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:10   #92
Team-BHP Support

Guys, need some urgent advice. I changed the wheels on mine X5 from 19 inches to 18 inches this evening and this error cropped in. Have to travel in the morning for long distance. As per BMW dealership guy, they need to re-program the height by hooking to the computer. Google leads to answers relating to the failure of some sensors.

Anyone who has done such change or experienced this? Will it be safe to travel a long distance - + 1000 Km?

Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-whatsapp-image-20181122-7.40.50-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd November 2018 at 20:16.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:35   #93
Senior - BHPian

I think when you change tyre size the ABS sensors and wheel slip detectors in bmw would need to be recalibrated. It is good that bmw has agreed to recalibrate for you.
Old 23rd November 2018, 02:50   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys, need some urgent advice. I changed the wheels on mine X5 from 19 inches to 18 inches this evening and this error cropped in. Have to travel in the morning for long distance. As per BMW dealership guy, they need to re-program the height by hooking to the computer. Google leads to answers relating to the failure of some sensors.

Anyone who has done such change or experienced this? Will it be safe to travel a long distance - + 1000 Km?

Attachment 1821177

Yes it should be safe to drive, but your suspension damping will not adjust. And the car may not change modes either. Also it will be fixed at a stiffer setting than comfort.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 18:31   #95
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1821177
Hi Turbanator,
Can you update on the solution to this issue? My new X5 has 19 inch wheels and I will be putting 18 inch on it for annual pilgrimage to Himalayas, your update will help. Cheers.
Old 13th December 2018, 19:34   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Hi Turbanator,
Can you update on the solution to this issue? My new X5 has 19 inch wheels and I will be putting 18 inch on it for annual pilgrimage to Himalayas, your update will help. Cheers.
Sure, I changed back to 19 inches the same evening and carried on with my Rajasthan/ Gujarat Trip. Unfortunately, this happened on the return

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4502763 (2018 BMW 320d - 5 runflats gone bad in 4 months!)

Since I was carrying the extra 18 inches set in the boot I could make it back to Gurgaon Next day I sent the car to the workshop and they replaced the other 3 to 18 inches and gave back car. As per my driver, they simply changed the tyres and did not change anything else or did differently than the Tyre shop guy from whom I picked the rims and tyres. But as per Chandigarh Service head, they must have done the changes. I will recheck with Bird and update here tomorrow. I will suggest you keep an extra set even if you downsize to 18 inches. All the best for your trip. Do post some details when you are back
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 13:44   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, I changed back to 19 inches the same evening and carried on with my Rajasthan/ Gujarat Trip. Unfortunately, this happened on the return

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4502763 (2018 BMW 320d - 5 runflats gone bad in 4 months!)

Since I was carrying the extra 18 inches set in the boot I could make it back to Gurgaon Next day I sent the car to the workshop and they replaced the other 3 to 18 inches and gave back car. As per my driver, they simply changed the tyres and did not change anything else or did differently than the Tyre shop guy from whom I picked the rims and tyres. But as per Chandigarh Service head, they must have done the changes. I will recheck with Bird and update here tomorrow. I will suggest you keep an extra set even if you downsize to 18 inches. All the best for your trip. Do post some details when you are back
Thanks Turbanator. I have been using BFG TA/KO2 255/55/18 as my offroad/Raid wheels on my old X5 but this new X5 came with 19 inch wheels. I have 18 inch set to take it to Himalayas but will test it well before Raid to sule out any calibration issue. (The wheels are original BMW 18 inch wheels).
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 20:58   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been using BFG TA/KO2 255/55/18 as my offroad/Raid wheels on my old X5 but this new X5 came with 19 inch wheels. I have 18 inch set to take it to Himalayas but will test it well before Raid to sule out any calibration issue. (The wheels are original BMW 18 inch wheels).
I rechecked with Bird but they won't remember as there is no record, better you get the tyres changed at Dealership. My rims are also original BMW so that should not be a factor I guess.

Do you always use BFG on X5 or only when going on such trips?
Old 14th December 2018, 21:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I rechecked with Bird but they won't remember as there is no record, better you get the tyres changed at Dealership. My rims are also original BMW so that should not be a factor I guess.

Do you always use BFG on X5 or only when going on such trips?
I only use BFGs for Raid and other hill routes.
Old 24th February 2019, 06:53   #100

Hello,
Bought a 2018 Model X5 30d in December 2018 from Deutsche Motoren New Delhi.
Driven about 700km only till now due to delay in registration which is finally done now.
Got ceramic coating done by Aman in vikaspuri.
Very reasonable.

Some pictures of the blue beauty
Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1550971199.506044.jpg
Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1550971256.240724.jpg
Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1550971365.971912.jpg
Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1550971400.416774.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st March 2019 at 15:02. Reason: Please avoid using spaces before punctuation marks.
cdrgill is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 16:31   #101
BHPian

Is used 2015-16 X5 30d worth it for 35-40 lacs with less than 50k on the odo? I can get a new Kodiaq but my heart wants an upgrade in power from my Santa Fe and the 6-cylinder diesels are in my consideration. A few 530ds around but its a sedan and X5 30d is the other option.

Btw how do you externally differentiate from DPE and expedition variants?
AnandB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:16   #102
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Happy to answer any question/comments that you have
An extremely belated congratulations (4 years to be precise)!

Seeing your posts, I might be seeking an F15 X5 or F25 X3 when the time is right. I just have two queries and would be great if you can help me with those.

1) Can the air suspension be replaced by a regular one just for the sake of reliability?

2) If not then can the F25 X3 tackle similar terrain (provided I put AT tyres with thicker sidewall)?
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:24   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
An extremely belated congratulations (4 years to be precise)!

Seeing your posts, I might be seeking an F15 X5 or F25 X3 when the time is right. I just have two queries and would be great if you can help me with those.

1) Can the air suspension be replaced by a regular one just for the sake of reliability?

2) If not then can the F25 X3 tackle similar terrain (provided I put AT tyres with thicker sidewall)?
Hahaha. Thanks for your good wishes. Not just 4 years, now I am on my second F15. Upgraded to LCI F15 (mid life upgrade). Extremely happy with it. Go for it.

Aur suspension are not bad, I have done Spiti few times and recently Zanskar (Oct 20) and they are as sturdy and reliable as it gets. Yes it may be possible to replace air suspension with M spring adaptive suspension but it may cost 50% of car’s cost so not advised.

These cars have lot of electronics and also very little clearance on front struts so you may not be able to put thicker sidewall et all. Stick to aspect ratio that manufacture has provided to you. Cheers.
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:32   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I might be seeking an F15 X5 or F25 X3 when the time is right. I just have two queries and would be great if you can help me with those.
X3 didn't get the Air suspension and for X5 in this generation, only the rear gets and is prone to failure. Mostly around 3-4-year mark or 40-60 K. BMW will usually change under warranty or even give a goodwill warranty for out of the warranty cars that are serviced at dealerships. Usually, they will replace bellows as well as compressor.
Quote:
Can the air suspension be replaced by a regular one just for the sake of reliability?
You can get the suspension repaired in the market via kits or change to springs, these are not very expensive. Please go through some BMW forums for details.

Quote:
I am on my second F15. Upgraded to LCI F15 (mid life upgrade).
There was no LCI for this generation

Quote:
Turbanator, come and check out my car in Noida sometime
Thanks for the invite, will definitely catchup when things improve

BMW skipped LCI for this model and instead launched G05.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd May 2021 at 16:45.
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:

There was no LCI for this generation
Turbanator, come and check out my car in Noida sometime 😀

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks