Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 13:31   #166
BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
In Harbir's first post he listed some other issues. For example Airbag module failure, HVAC control module failure, coolant containment failure, DSG transmission failure. I have not read the whole thread but have these also been resolved? Harbir?
+1

The entire focus of this thread is on the trivial CD player issue instead of the more serious issues highlighted in the opening post. First I thought that the CD issue was a flash-point, and the real reason for Harbir's frustration were the other issues. It now seems it was all about a stuck CD.

I can understand Harbir's frustration, as any customer that has spent ~50 lacs on a car will expect a certain degree of reliability and customer support. It's also understandable that the issues will be highlighted in a rhetorical manner but what puzzles me is the over-emphasis on the CD player issue.

Harbir - can you please share your experience related to how Audi addressed the other issues?

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 18th July 2014, 04:51   #167
BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
So the car is back from the dealer. It turns out that there were two CDs in the player. It was not Audi's fault. How the second CD went in and started to play when there was another CD already in there is mystery, but suffice to say that Audi's quality was not at fault. I thank Audi was fixing this for free and not charging me for the labor.

I am very satisfied, including with the other work the car had gone in for (I had a fender bender with a taxi that jumped a red light), which has been done to perfection. Audi made it extremely painless and stress free for me. I hope everybody can get this level of painless and caring service without having to draw the attention of management.

That said, I have to say that given the car's lack of reliability, its fragility in Indian conditions, and the mind blowing parts and labor prices, the costs that have been billed to the warranty so far, I cannot take a risk on the car's reliability and cost of repair after the warranty expires.

However, for now Audi has taken very good care of me, and my fullest thanks and appreciation to the company, its dealer and their staff.
Harbir,

Happy to know that Audi has taken good care of you. (They would not have done that, if you hadn't turned to Team BHP)

Agree that the luxury car brands in India quote insane price for spare parts. I hope and pray that you continue to have good relationship with the Audi dealer and their staff.
Old 10th August 2014, 11:29   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for

Dear Harbir, thank you for speaking out aloud on this forum of your Audi experience. I have been evaluating buying an A3 or Q3 very seriously and had been looking for feedback on Audi service standards. Your inputs have been most valuable. Clearly the big 3 German makers have not customized their machines for 3rd world conditions and continue to sell on 'brand' perceptions. I shall now go check out Volvo's V40, XC60 and S80.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks