Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 13:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dear Harbir, either your intentionally ignoring all members request OR not getting it in the first place (doubtful)

Since you highlighted such grave problems in your Audi. All members are keen to understand the earlier issues faced which you have highligted

1. Airbag module failure
2. HVAC control module failure

3. Catastrophic coolant containment failure stranding the car in a rural area.
4. DSG transmission failure

Let me be little blunt here. Don't think of it as offensive as it's still a request

Please share detailed information on above else all our members will automatically think that you made a mountain of a molehill and above serious problems you listed out are fictious and a product of your colorful imagination (it also amounts to misleading, fabricating and twisting things for self gain)

Look forward to your response

Cheers
Mobike008
1+
Very Disappointing indeed, After team-bhp shows the OP so much support still no update or feedback from his side.
Old 5th June 2014, 14:07   #77
BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

+1 to the above post.
I for one absolutely agree with saket77.
Transparency and authenticity surely go a long way in patronizing the cause of the thread owner.
As regards the views put forth by blacksport, IMHO the issue at hand is rather not about favors not received but more about the grievance not solved by the dealer and falsifying information provided to the end customer on behalf of an organisation (Audi) of world repute and ethics.
As far as I can see, it is the dealer who might be at fault here and the company/forum members would be highly benefited if the dealer's name is brought out in the open, so that others can avoid/take caution while dealing with him.

However i reserve that comment until the thread owner has responded to the queries put forth by ninjatalli and mobike008.
Old 5th June 2014, 14:18   #78
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it a sad case in India for everything?
For every damn thing you need to raise a stink in media (I believe forums and blogs on internet are also a part of the media)

The machinery (service center in this case, govt departments like police in certain other) exists to take care. But it never works. You have to either approach the higher ups via "jack" or like in this case highlight and bring things to public's attention. It's only then that the machinery kicks into gear and tries to appease the customer, but with a caveat - please advertise us as the savior.

Why can't it work right at the first instance?
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 14:28   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dear Harbir, either your intentionally ignoring all members request OR not getting it in the first place (doubtful)

Since you highlighted such grave problems in your Audi. All members are keen to understand the earlier issues faced which you have highligted
+1000 to this.

@Harbir, your behaviour may hurt others who wish to use this forum for their genuine complaints and risk not being taken seriously.

I once heard from a wise old lawyer, probably wisened after handling zillions of disputes, that "there are always two sides to a story". We often are over-exposed on one side and under-exposed on another.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 14:41   #80
BHPian

Let me share my thoughts on why this may be some sort of scam,

I personally believe the car had nothing more than CD player issues and the other gigantic problems he claims to have had such as the DSG failure and AC failure seems to be just a ruse to get attention on this forum.

Certainly this is not the right approach to getting a problem solved and his lack of response to repeated messages for detailing his previous problems also dont help matters.

One of my friends worked as a Service Manager at a leading Skoda dealership in the country, and what I have written above is simply based on the stories this guy has told me. Let me share just one of them.

Customer buys Skoda Laura in 2013, within 6 months he goes ahead and gets a diesel tuning box, runs with it for about 4 months and notices strange knocking noises and sluggish perfromance from the engine.

Customer takes it to Skoda ASS after removing the diesel tuning box and asks for checking the problem, My friend had a look at the car, took the logs, checked the stats and guess what, the car was running on very little oil and his pistons have been rubbing on the cylinders for quite a while and the turbo was facing immenent destruction.

Reports this to the customer and as usual, the customer says, what do you mean? This is just a 1 year old car and I have engine trouble, I will sue you, take you to court, write about this on the popular forums and on Facebook; you have to replace the whole engine or give a brand new car. Blah Blah.

Customer went as far as writing an FB post on this and sent a lot of mails to skoda superiors and stuff.

My friend mean while, got a mail from Skoda in Delhi asking for the complete vehicle log which is recorded in the ECU and CANBUS, he promptly sends it over and they without as much as a whisker of trouble find the installation of the tuning box recorded in the logs, the engine had been driven hard on extreme state of tune which led to higher than usual oil consumption and hence the troubles.

They said none of this to the customer until he came once again to the Skoda showroom to make some tamasha and the showroom manager took the report and shoved it in his face. The customer suddenly swallowed his toungue and facing the prospect of a counter suit if he goes ahead with a lawsuit, calmly asks for the vehicle back with oil topped up and gets on his way.

The question is who is the loser here? Its most definitely Skoda, the damage to their reputation is already done and there is no way they would give out warranty claims for what is basically a customers fault, Toyota or Honda would do it since they dont have the sophisticated systems in their cars with logging systems like Skoda or the VW group cars have. In the end its cases like these that form a chunk of problems users seem to have with Skoda, this logging system allows Skoda to manage warranty claims effectively and hence leads to some sort of bad reputation in the market.

Not saying that there arent any genuine cases of Skoda problems, but I ask that any and every case related to German manufacturers must not be seen only from the customers side, both sides of the story needs to be known and then can only one come to an unbiased conclusion.
arun_m5 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 15:09   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
...Now if there is a change of heart then it definitely raises questions, but that's OP prerogative to answer.
If everybody starts changing their tone and keep a one sided story, I really do NOT know what's the point in (them) being a part of such an honest forum. As someone mentioned, it needs to be seen as an effort to "exploit" the goodwill & reputation of this forum for threatening manufacturers to get things done! How fair is that?! If such things keep happening, team-bhp will ultimately lose the core value it always stood for!

I think most of the recent posts only suggest that the OP be honest about both sides of the story. No one thinks that his issues should NOT be resolved, but only want to know how & what issues are being fixed.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th June 2014 at 15:23. Reason: Clearing up some portion of the post.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 16:23   #82
Senior - BHPian

I hope the company promised to resolve all issues and asked the OP to be soft on them ?
After all its a 50L car and you dont want to mess with the company for the car's future
Old 5th June 2014, 17:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Scrolled through all the pages to understand how were the more important problems resolved, and nothing from the op till the end of 6 pages.

A CD getting stuck in your CD player is a common problem for all street-side/pirated CD's (not implying so in this particular case). Audi not willing to accept and fix this minor issue under warranty is not common. Audi claiming to assisting the customer is great news. Problem 1 almost solved now. Moving on...

About time the op speaks up on what people really want to hear!

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 5th June 2014 at 17:16.
Old 5th June 2014, 17:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

Harbir's OP somehow reminds me of post some time back.

One Tbhpian posted about multiple issues with his Skoda (infact both his Skodas that he "purchased" and within warranty.

There were multiple issues ranging from DSG failure, crankshaft noise, Suspension problems and so on and so forth.

Eventually, it turned out that our "good friend" did not even have a Skoda, leave alone two.
It was just a hoax to gather forum sympathy, malign the already tarnished image that Skoda had and waste the time and energy of fellow Bhpians.

The moderators took a great stand and deleted the tread and banned the member.

I somehow feel that Harbir's post is again on the same lines as he is not responding to the various posts, questions and resolutions posted by so many of us team members.
Also, his problems are very very similar to the issues raised in the earlier Skoda post.

It is imperative to know if Harbir actually owns an Audi(a revered and respected brand) or if he is tarnishing the image for his own ulterior motive or gaining public sympathy for something he doesn't own!!
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 17:38   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post
Let me share my thoughts on why this may be some sort of scam,
Nice post. Quite an eye opener sort of post for a lot of us I'm sure. There are always two sides to a story, which is why we have courts which hear both parties. The aggrieved customer today has a very potent weapon in the form for social media and online media which he can threaten the seller with. In business, reputation is everything. Just take Skoda's example.

By crying foul on social media the customer has nothing to lose whereas his opponent has everything to lose. You don't need to submit proofs like you have to do in courts, there are no costs involved and it can be done from the comfort of your home, watching TV and sipping on coffee!

We've already had a couple of fake Skoda complaint threads where everybody just jumped in to lambast Skoda. The OP probably was following up on a threat that he had given to Skoda and when Skoda probably gave in, he vanished, who knows?

Maybe we can have a separate section in the forum for such complaints, where OPs can submit proofs to mods before posting their complaints. Otherwise I fear our forum may be misused.

Sorry for being . My post is in response to the post to which I have quoted and not in relation to this thread in particular. Coming back to this thread, Harbir owes us some more details and specifics.
Old 5th June 2014, 18:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

Harbir indeed owes an explanation for the troubles he stated (DSG issues, coolant issues, et al), but to call it a scam is ridiculous phrasing. Yes, he was quick to make accusations and is equally slow to elaborate on the past issues he faced, but let's say he's innocent until it's conclusively proven otherwise.

Reflux's thread (as referenced by arnabchak) isn't deleted at all and is a cautionary tale for us all. Let's not jump on the bandwagon and be quick to bash Audi or Harbir at a moment's notice. Most threads on German cars are quick to dovetail into a bashing session, humorously.

Harbir; buddy, if you're reading this, sit down with your laptop/tablet/phone/pen and paper and tell us more about the past issues you faced. You really do owe us that much, no matter if you're irked by the guys on here or at Audi.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 18:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Maybe we can have a separate section in the forum for such complaints, where OPs can submit proofs to mods before posting their complaints. Otherwise I fear our forum may be misused.
'Technical Issues' section already exists. Having a complaint section might not make sense because team-bhp wouldn't really be facilitating any complaint.

Instead I think the complaint section would become a manufacturer bashing section unless only those posts that help the OP in getting a resolution are allowed, which is only going to increase the moderation work without adding too much value to the output. Dealership section also exists so in case of issues with a certain dealership I reckon that section can be used.

What is needed a little maturity on the bhpian's part who initiates such thread. Now I'm not saying that the OP of this thread has made false claims however his claims still remain to be substantiated.

I think this thread can be closed till the time the OP doesn't come forward with adequate evidence to support his claims.
Old 5th June 2014, 18:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of the reflux-skodas story. No pics, at least the CD player pic can be posted and audio gurus can be asked how to take out the CD.

Those 4 serious mechanical issues seem as if they never happened, no comments on that after repeated attempts.

And the blush-face whatsapp icony replies from OP reminds me of the 1st respected-then busted hyderabadi gentleman who ripped fake RC book/numbers onto dozens of hot vintage wheels in his tbhp garage!

EDIT

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3441674

One thing led to the other and I ended up at the ^^ thread so, may be it worked the last time?

Last edited by svsantosh : 5th June 2014 at 18:45.
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 19:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

As far as owning a A6 3.0T goes he does own one,according to the What Car? thread which he had opened up sometime back.Infact he had posted about the delivery and initial impressions of the car and then thread was closed since a car has been chosen.An ownership review doesnt exists AFAIK.

Dont know Harbir personally but since he has been a member here for so long and was a good contributor thread/topic wise,will give him the benefit of doubt here.
Old 5th June 2014, 19:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Mods should just close this thread and anyone who searches for this thread based on the tweet that someone had posted earlier, should also read out a message stating the reason why the thread was closed. I feel too many people are wasting too much of time and energy in trying to address what may be a non issue.

Again, if the OP has a genuine reason for not updating this thread, he should call it out immediately to kill all the suspense at once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks