Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for free

Problems aside, maan, that must be one sweet car to drive.

As for getting the cd out, look for a tiny hole around the cd slot. If this pin hole exists, open out a paper clip and insert it. Needs a firm push and the cd should pop out.

Dsg's are still failing? I thought it was all over.

Coolant expansion tank bursts are known but not on such a low run car and surely not on a car that costs so much.

You need to take it up with Audi.I am sure they will help.
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Problems aside, maan, that must be one sweet car to drive.
I guess you mean when he gets to drive it.
Sorry - couldn't resist that one - because as he mentioned, in a mere 18000 kms he has had multiple issues (including serious ones).
wilful is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Man thats really unfortunate.

I know your sick of them but the company should have offered you a brand new replacement for the heap of junk they have given you. Absolute lemon.

I cant believe they have the guts to ask for 85k to get rid of a CD. Dont pay them a penny and make them remove that CD anyway.
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
As for getting the cd out, look for a tiny hole around the cd slot. If this pin hole exists, open out a paper clip and insert it. Needs a firm push and the cd should pop out.
I am skeptic that a slot loading drive (those without tray) found on some laptops and most car audio systems will have an emergency eject hole.
However, there are a few techniques which may work.
However, carry them with immense care and [Disclaimer]: at your own risk.

1. At times, the drive itself may have misaligned itself against the cabinet of the HU. You can try something like this:

2. This one is a little tricky but if the above fails, try inserting an old/ unusable CD with a piece of cello tape stuck on it in a way that some area of the sticky part is down. At times, if you are in luck, it will fetch the CD out with itself or at least, it will waggle it up a little and the system might eject it normally on itself.

Not sure it will do the trick, but better to try rather than shelling out 85K and lose warranty.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow! 85 big money just to remove a stuck CD? Isn't there a pin hole in the player for these kind situations like we find in normal CD players? Just insert a safety pin to push out the CD.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:13   #21
BHPian

A CRM from the dealer called. He clarified that it's 85000 to replace the player. He said they will remove the player, and extract the CD and if they decide that the CD is at fault then warranty will not cover replacement of the CD Player. I expressed my displeasure quite the vocally and was assured of satisfaction and he said he'd call me back in a while.
Harbir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:14   #22

I am not sure, how wide your CD slot is & I hope it's not a tray version.
If it's a simple push through version - a very fine tweezer would do the trick. I did that on my Santro's after-market fitted CD player.
The thing came out very easily.
akshaykakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
A CRM from the dealer called. He clarified that it's 85000 to replace the player. He said they will remove the player, and extract the CD and if they decide that the CD is at fault then warranty will not cover replacement of the CD Player. I expressed my displeasure quite the vocally and was assured of satisfaction and he said he'd call me back in a while.
A suggestion,

Figure out the manufacturer of the head unit and contact them and check if they can remove the stuck CD.
Forget Audi.
I would also suggest going to a known accessory shop, but then that is risky if anything goes wrong.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

How the bloody hell can the CD be at fault??

I am sorry for your troubles but why did you go for something from the VAG group? This forum is pasted with such occurrences and VAG's lackadaisical attitude towards Indian customers.

As long as we continue "Oh it wont happen to me" or "it might be a one off" attitude, we will continue to suffer.

My dad's 2001 OHC Vtec with 2L+ kms is a lot more reliable than that.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Could you tell me whether the problem happened after parking the car in the sun for long? I have heard of such issues where the car would be parked in the scorching sun for hours and the CD getting bent. I am NOT trying to justify anything, but trying to know the core reason.

And how would the dealership determine whether the CD is at fault? Will they take the CD out when you are NOT around, manage to damage the CD in the process and still blame the CD and deny warranty?!

I can't believe a company can stoop down to such levels to a customer who paid them such a humongous amount on one of their premier models.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd June 2014 at 17:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:32   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Harbir, while the 85K for a CD player is indeed expensive the issue itself is quite small compared to the other 4 issues you had with the car. Those 4 were gross failures with 2 resulting in the car being un driveable.

Can you tell us your experience with Audi as to how the other issues were handled and the reasons why a car that is 2 years old had these issues.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CRM from the dealer clarified that it's 85000 to replace the player. He said they will remove the player, and extract the CD and if they decide that the CD is at fault then warranty will not cover replacement of the CD Player.
Harbir, Ask that CRM to explain you in detail the bold part of the quote. I am unable to understand how can they assume that it's the fault of the CD and not their equipment ? And approach their audio equipment supplier with the dealer's help and get to know the exact warranty period of the audio system in your car.

How can a stuck CD ruin the CD player ? I mean, at the most while ejecting the CD, it may not come out in one attempt and make "click" sound but that does not mean it can damage the CD player.

Common man!! Are Audi's audio systems so fragile that even a stuck CD can ruin whole darn equipment ? They must be joking big time. Even a car which is 10 times less than an Audi in price has a better quality equipment and their dealers don't make such unreasonable and bizarre estimates.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said they will remove the player, and extract the CD and if they decide that the CD is at fault then warranty will not cover replacement of the CD Player.
Would have been fair if they offered you back your hard earned money in lieu of them taking back their A6, in case you 'decide' from the incidents that it is Audi's fault.

Dealer in question, if not respect, at least spare the disdain.
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:22   #29
BHPian

This is pathetic to hear from such a big brand. It feels like they are just there to earn big bucks by any means , and there's no value for customers whatsoever. Money is everything . It's better to not buy anything from such morons even if you have the capacity to do the same.
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:51   #30
BHPian

Wow i have heard some bad experiences from audi owners, but this is a new high!

Also tell us about the other issues and how they were rectified? In or out of warranty?

Also post a pic of the slot loading front. Might help to think of ways to remove by yourself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks