Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2014, 11:47   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Harbir, appreciate a detailed input on those major issues and please share pictures and other details so other Audi owners can benefit/be wary from your experience
+1

Harbir,
Its weird that you are so angry(at Audi) with what is in my honest opinion a small issue when compared to the other much larger problems this car has faced.

Last edited by bblost : 4th June 2014 at 12:38.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 11:48   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Its quite a (horror) story.

On the CD getting stuck. Over the years I've been called by family and friends to free up any number of CD's/DVD's in all sorts of devices.

Usually, the owners manual has a procedure what to do. Does yours, and if so did you try it? First port of call always the user manual.

Something the mechanism and or electronics break down, but that is rare if my experience is anythign to go by.

So far, in nearly all the cases where I had to resort to physically opening up the player I also found a whole bunch of crap, bits and pieces, part paper wrappers and God knows what else crammed into the CD player. In one case the CD must have been of poor quality and started delaminating and that's why it got stuck.

So whilst everybody seems to be deeply offended by a CD getting stuck, there might a reason for it. Nothing to do with Audi or the CD player a such.

Just last week, my charger would not plug into my 8 weeks old new iPhone 5S. So it hade me cursing Apple and their stupid design and stupid quality.

Then I decided to have a closer look.

Reason, bits of filth/dirt/flint had made their way into the slot into which the little charger plug seats. Must have come from my breast pocket on my shirts. Because that's where I keep it and I put on a fresh shirt every day.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:43   #48
BHPian

I just got a call from the dealer, who assured me that my case has the attention of Audi at the highest levels, and that they will make sure that I am totally and completely satisfied.

This is most reassuring and I want to thank Audi and the dealer for the assurance. If they deliver, I cannot say that I will forget about the lack of the car's reliability or the extended loss of its use every time it breaks, but if they do deliver on this, I will certainly be in a position to say that Audi is very attentive to customer complaints and interested in ensuring complete satisfaction.

Again, Thanks to Audi and to the dealer as well. I am not mentioning the name of the dealer because I don't want them to suffer any negative publicity that is not their due. But if I am satisfied at the resolution, I will be happy to mention them in appreciation.

Also, thanks to Team-BHP for providing a platform.
Harbir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:49   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Also, thanks to Team-BHP for providing a platform.
Your thread surely got eyeballs of a lot of members here for sure. And, glad to know that Audi is co-operating with you and providing a resolution

Now how about highlighting the issues related to below?

1. Airbag module failure
2. HVAC control module failure
3. Catastrophic coolant containment failure stranding the car in a rural area.
4. DSG transmission failure
mobike008 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 13:56   #50
BHPian

BTW I've had this same problem in my accord where the CD just refused to come out. I didn't feel the need to replace anything or try hard at removing the cd since no one listens to CDs nowadays!
Old 4th June 2014, 14:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
+1

Harbir,
Its weird that you are so angry(at Audi) with what is in my honest opinion a small issue when compared to the other much larger problems this car has faced.
Call it the last straw. Already it was feeling like it would be madness to keep the car past the warranty, with the CD Player it started to feel like even the warranty wasn't dependable. It's not about the CD Player but about the idea that unlike in the past now I had not only an unreliable car that had insane repair costs but that I couldn't even rely on the warranty.

But with audi assuring me that they will take care of it, I am calmed. For now.
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 14:24   #52
BHPian

This article and related Skoda articles are an eye opener for us. It shows how high and dry these car manufacturers leave you, in the servicing area. This is unacceptable, even by small standards. You should not be sympathetic to them, you have already done a favor by purchasing the car, that too worth 50L. I would say go all out against them, others will learn and be saved of there money. Somehow, people in India have a feeling big bucks are not worth!
Old 4th June 2014, 17:04   #53
BHPian

This is absolutely atrocious for a brand that projects itself as a leader in technology.
In my humble opinion you would be better served to elucidate this problem to the highest levels of Audi management in India so as to get a better viewing.
The amount of money spent on buying the car is humongous and if it cant serve the purpose it was brought for, then you have every right as per the land of the law to sue the Audi management or the car dealer you brought the vehicle from.
Old 4th June 2014, 17:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
+1

Harbir,
I think he is angry at Audi for the larger problems but the CD changer issue at the end may have been the one that pushed him off the cliff .

Thanks for posting this here Harbir. I do hope you get your Issue resolved and post back with final outcome.
Old 4th June 2014, 17:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Call it the last straw. But with audi assuring me that they will take care of it, I am calmed. For now.
Harbir, Allow me to place my 2 cents, I feel you need to keep yourself alert in this case because the quoted statement makes me feel that Audi is trying to buy time. If I was in your place, I would have treated this assurance of Audi as "silence prior to the on-coming storm". Keep your options ready until the issue is solved.

Hoping for the best!

Thanks.
Old 4th June 2014, 18:22   #56

It's really sad to hear that someone who is spending 50 lacs of his hard earned money has to follow up multiple times with the dealer/company for resolution of problems and then too there are always "conditions apply".
As said by Harbir, it was not until he gave the dealer a yelling, then only he was contacted back by them stating they will make sure you are totally and completely satisfied. My point is that why can't the level of service be improved in India, especially for someone who is spending half a crore rupees and the problem checked and rectified then and there rather than giving lame excuses such as blaming the CD in this case. If you are selling cars which are worth lacs and crores of rupees then you should also have the technical expertise at hand, and the parts required to service the car rather than keeping it for months together just waiting for spares.
Old 4th June 2014, 18:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Call it the last straw. Already it was feeling like it would be madness to keep the car past the warranty, with the CD Player it started to feel like even the warranty wasn't dependable. It's not about the CD Player but about the idea that unlike in the past now I had not only an unreliable car that had insane repair costs but that I couldn't even rely on the warranty.
So I guess this means that the other major problems you had mentioned i.e. airbag module failure, DSG failure, HVAC fault etc were totally taken care of by the warranty cover?
Old 4th June 2014, 20:04   #58
BHPian

Thank you for posting this Harbir. Reading this, I remembered a news I read in the past. Here is the link - 15-bizmen-set-to-return-high-end-cars.

Their luxury cars are selling because our dear Maruti Suzuki is not in competition. Even Honda Accord is better than Audi in reliability. I have been reading failure stories of Land Rover now and then (even Salman Khan affected by that).
Old 4th June 2014, 21:31   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We have an A6 3.0T ... its had:

1. Airbag module failure
5. CD player failure.

Each time something goes wrong, Audi turns out not to have the parts in stock and the car gets idled.

I am going to make sure nobody I know ever buys an Audi. Unreliable junk being backed in India by policies designed to fool customers who were foolish enough to throw 50 lacs in Audi's lap.
Quote:
This is most reassuring and I want to thank Audi and the dealer for the assurance. If they deliver, I cannot say that I will forget about the lack of the car's reliability or the extended loss of its use every time it breaks, but if they do deliver on this, I will certainly be in a position to say that Audi is very attentive to customer complaints and interested in ensuring complete satisfaction.

Again, Thanks to Audi and to the dealer as well.
Ok - this might sound like a doubter-post, but let me get my thoughts out straight. Apologies if the following points are offending.

Either you seem to be a person who is driven very quickly to emotional outbursts (positive, and negative) or there is something that is not yet clearly mentioned out here by you.

The first post clearly indicates that you have a car with a shitload of issues, none of them minor in any manner, and clearly you are far from happy wrt to Audi, from any angle one tries to see.

And suddenly within a span of 24 hours, you are now in a state where you seem to be quite appreciate of Audi (if they resolve the above issue, which IMO seems to be a minor issue at most, compared to your earlier problems) and are ready to even praise them for one and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Now how about highlighting the issues related to below?

1. Airbag module failure
+1 to this. And in a bit detailed manner, if possible, wrt the resolution by Audi/dealer too.

P.s. The idea is to be candid and open. Nothing else.
ninjatalli is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 00:56   #60
BHPian

You know, I was going to crack some joke about the typical German reliability. But I think your post stuck me at a wrong time.

How can Audi try to get out of saying that a malfunctioning CD player isn't covered under warranty? Even a cheap Chinese made CD player I can get from Chor Bazaar honors warranty & a so-called luxury car manufacturer can't??

Raise the stink on Twitter & FB. Contact your local newspaper & TV channels. Bombard Audi's German HQ's Twitter feed & email inboxes. Complain on international Audi forums. Audi can't allowed to get away with treating Indians like trash.

And what is with DSG transmissions?? They seem to fail as if it's going out of fashion. Can you imagine DSG failing when you were out of warranty???

No wonder these German cars have such a bad reputation worldwide. No on owns a German car out of warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
A shade under a lakh to extract a music disc, what kind of hallucinogens are they on? What next, ten grand to change a flat tyre?
Dude, stop giving them ideas!!

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2014 at 12:21. Reason: Merging back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks